The Chick Lits discussion

My Life Next Door
This topic is about My Life Next Door
May [2014] > My Life Next Door - Spoiler Discussion!

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jamie-leigh Haughn (ermahgerdberks) | 9 comments Mod
Hello everyone!!

This is where we can chat about all the spoilers for My Life Next Door!

Happy Reading!

Jess | A Book to Remember  (abooktoremember_jess) I started this book on friday, read 25 pages and honestly didn't think I was going to like it (Only half way through now) I hated Samantha's mom and Clay (UGH, seriously there's a look of disgust on my face everytime he talks, still is) at that point the only thing that was interesting was when Samantha met Jase. And then I read on and once Samantha met the rest of the Garrets - I definitely started enjoying it more! Little George is the cutest thing! I like the romance and Jase although it's happening a little too fast but I think the Garrets are mostly holding this book for me and I do like the main character, just everything else not so much. It wasn't exactly what I was expecting based on the cover. At this point it's like a 3 stars for me, but only half way through!

Patricia (pattxoxo) I'm currently on page 68 and loving it so far! The Jase-Samantha relationship is really intriguing. I love how they first met.. In the roof of Samantha's house.
I agree with Jessica Ellen that George is so adorable! And smart too.
Overall, l really like the story and I can't wait to find out more.

Rida (thereader7) | 4 comments It was kind of predictable, but a fun read nevertheless.

Brianna Gill | 1 comments I honestly thought this book was boring, there was so much hype around it when i read it and it left me unimpressed

message 6: by Rebecca (new) - added it

Rebecca (rebeccabec) The Garrets were the stars of this book for me. It was a good read, but not one of my favourites. Overall I'm glad I read it - it was fun and kept me interested the whole way through.

Nelly (nellonbookish) Okay so I am around 250 pages in... in the beginning I had a bit of a struggle getting into it. I was constantly finding myself thinking about other things so it took me like 150 pages until i started really enjoying it. But that is mostly my own fault. i really like Jase now though.

Nelly (nellonbookish) Omg... the accident... I didn't see that coming! Can't stop reading now.

Nelly (nellonbookish) Finished. I really liked it!! :)

Patricia (pattxoxo) Really love this book! One of my favorite reads so far this year :)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) I really like this one. George is my favorite! I really love that kid.

I am kinda disappointed with the ending. It seems rushed. :(

Nelly (nellonbookish) Yeah I agree about the ending. Felt a bit like okay let's just end this as fast as I can. If it had been me I would have felt so let down but Jase just understood right away... I just didn't feel like it was so believable. At least not for me.

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) I was hoping there would be a conclusion. I guess that's why I didn't gave it 5 stars. It's still good though.

Nelly (nellonbookish) Yeah I also liked it... but agree on the ending feeling a bit rushed cause it felt like the whole thing about her realizing what had happened and the whole secret-thing took a lot of pages to read about and then when everyone found out it was like 2 pages and then it was over. I had wanted to read more about what happened when eveyone found out not just, okay now they know... and then they live happily ever after. I wanted to know more about how the Garretts felt and stuff like that.

Alyssa | 1 comments This was such a good fluffy read for me. I was not expecting the accident, but the Garrett family was adorable. I really wanted to strangle Grace and Clay. Overall, very good!

Devon (booknookandbabbles) I really liked this book for the most part. I thought the characters were good. I felt a connection to them. I just thought the ending was kind of rushed and seemed to be kind of cheesy. Like the author set up this great story and I thought it was going to go out with a *BANG* but it went out with a little *pew*.