Young Adult Book Club discussion

Throne of Glass Series > May Book of the Month- Throne of Glass

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle, Secretly A Demigod (new)

Michelle | 270 comments Mod
Post any thoughts or comments on Throne of Glass here! Keep spoilers within the html. Thank You and Happy Reading!

message 2: by Amanda (last edited May 08, 2014 01:57AM) (new)

Amanda | 43 comments I already read it and it's awesome! One of my favourites fantasy/adventure books. I'll wait for the rest to comment!

description

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I've read this book already and I'm one of the few who did not really like this book.

message 4: by Michelle, Secretly A Demigod (new)

Spaztic_Nerd wrote: "I've read this book already and I'm one of the few who did not really like this book."

Thanks for giving your honest opinion. Same to all members if you honestly did not like something feel free to say it! If everyone liked the same things life wouldn't be interesting! :) :D

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Exactly what I think. Lol. Enjoy if you like it, enjoy if you don't. Lol.

message 6: by Christiana (new)

Christiana (windycityreader) | 10 comments I really want to read this book (it's actually been on my TBR since forever) and I'm waiting for my friend to loan me her copy since I'm poor! But I'll read it soon! (Just for you guys to know I'm still participating!) :)

message 7: by Michelle, Secretly A Demigod (new)

WindyCityReader wrote: "I really want to read this book (it's actually been on my TBR since forever) and I'm waiting for my friend to loan me her copy since I'm poor! But I'll read it soon! (Just for you guys to know I'm ..."

Thanks for commenting! It's reassuring to know more people are reading along! I haven't started yet (finishing harry potter and the chamber of secrets), so don't worry. :)

message 8: by Michelle, Secretly A Demigod (new)

I have finally finished Chamber of Secrets and will now start throne of glass! (Unfortunately, I am stuck with exams and the like so I haven't had much time to read)

message 9: by Connie, The Dysfunctional One (new)

Connie (faeriewings) | 232 comments Mod
I am very late, but Throne of Glass has been on my to-read list forever, and I'm really quite ashamed that I haven't read it yet.
Can I please join in? :)

message 10: by Michelle, Secretly A Demigod (new)

Connie wrote: "I am very late, but Throne of Glass has been on my to-read list forever, and I'm really quite ashamed that I haven't read it yet.
Can I please join in? :)"

No problem, I just started chapter one yesterday so no worries! This goes out to all members as the expression goes, "it's never too late!" Join us at any time!

message 11: by Michelle, Secretly A Demigod (new)

Okay so I'm on like pg. 112 and I love this book! What do you guys think about Celaena?

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I thought Celaena was less of an assassin and more of a little girl with a troubled past. I feel like the author over played her femininity and didn't let herself show Celaena for the deadly assassin she really was. And by this point, I felt like all Celaena cared about was how she looked or felt about these guys. Or the fear that she felt going into what she was going into. Celaena is the character I liked the least from this book. Lol.

message 13: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 43 comments Michelle wrote: "Okay so I'm on like pg. 112 and I love this book! What do you guys think about Celaena?"
I like a lot Celaena. Specially because she isn't the 'chosen one' female prototype. I mean, she isn't a girl who suddenly has amazing powers or is super special because yes. She has trained since she was 8 to be who she is, the assassin who she is. I find it refreshing!