Heartfield Academy for Royals,Nobles and Servants discussion

Masquerade Ball > The Beautiful Lake

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

description

message 2: by Angela (new)

Angela (skies) Sarolina walked from the Ballroom out to the Lake. It was getting ever so stuffy in there. She turned to see if Violetta was indeed following.

message 3: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) Violetta was trying to catch up with Sarolina, quickly striding behind. "You walk quite quickly!"

message 4: by Angela (new)

Angela (skies) "I'm sorry." Sarolina said, slowing down. She breathed and sat down on a bench.

message 5: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) "It's okay," she sat down next to Sarolina. "It's quite beautiful here."

((I think quite is my new favorite word to use.))

message 6: by Angela (new)

Angela (skies) ((It's one of my favorite too! ^_^))

Sarolina sat in silence, enjoying the beautiful scenery. She didn't really have the need to fill the space with words, so she didn't.

message 7: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) Violetta kicked off her shoes and let her feet touch the ground. It was so cool, and the grass was soft...

message 8: by Angela (new)

Angela (skies) Sarolina smiled when she saw Violetta get comfortable. She carefully removed her shoes as well and grasped the grass underneath them with her toes.

message 9: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) "It's so quiet," she said, listening to the ripple of the waves and a nearby stream.

message 10: by Angela (new)

Angela (skies) Sarolina nodded. "There were very little people attending the ball." She untied her mask and placed it on her lap.

message 11: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) Violetta did the same, brushing something imaginary off the purple feathers, "Yes, I thought there would be more. Especially because of that war, and all of the women wanting to say goodbye to their boyfriends."

message 12: by Angela (new)

Angela (skies) "There's a war?" Sarolina said, surprised. "I didn't know of that."

message 13: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) "Oh, yes. The Tsar died, of Russia, you know, and his advisors are blaming it on the English. Quite a few are going to war. This party is for Bon voyage."

((Ha! I just caught a mistake in a book in reading!!!!!! It says 'marzo pazzo' but it wouldn't be called that because it's set in the 1300s and the word Pazzo came after 1478!!!!!!!!))

message 14: by Angela (new)

Angela (skies) "Oh that's a pity. My country is so close to Russia, I should know this." Sarolina said amazingly.

message 15: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) "it only just happened. A few days ago."

message 16: by Angela (new)

Angela (skies) "Oh, really!" Sarolina said, a bit anxiously and disappointed. "I should have received a telegram!" She paused a while, unsure of what she just said. "They do have a telegram here, do they not?

message 17: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) "I believe so, but I have not received one yet."

message 18: by Angela (new)

Angela (skies) Sarolina nodded. "So close to home too..." She muttered, a bit worried. "I should really contact them."

message 19: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) "Oh - you're from Ukraine, correct? Us Italians, we don't care much in the way of wars. Except for those Florentines - always fighting - should they follow the Pope or the Holy Roman Emperor?"

message 20: by Angela (new)

Angela (skies) Sarolina nodded respectfully. "Yes, I am the Princess of Ukraine. I have been to Moscow and St. Petersburg many times, and to think that there is war..." She shook her head dreadfully.

message 21: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) "Quite horrid."

message 22: by Angela (new)

Angela (skies) Sarolina nodded vigorously. "I typically detest any sort of war."

message 23: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) "You are not alone."

message 24: by Angela (new)

Angela (skies) Sarolina nodded again, staring at the sky, which had turned dark rapidly. It had been such a lovely day, and a lovely ball. The stars winked at her in agreement.

message 25: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) "Do you know the constellations?"

message 26: by Angela (new)

Angela (skies) "Yes! I can spot Orion right over there!" Sarolina said, suddenly excited.

message 27: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) "And Casseopia," Violetta smiled.

message 28: by Angela (new)

Angela (skies) "Ah, yes! There it is!" Sarolina pointed, though Violetta probably already spotted it.

((Is the Masquerade Ball done?))

message 29: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) ((I don't know... Do you want to go to a different topic?))

Violetta smiled. "My parents think I shouldn't know anything like this..."

message 30: by Angela (new)

Angela (skies) "That's silly! It's common knowledge."

((Sure! You choose.))

message 31: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) "Not according to them," she shrugged. "Let's go in. It's getting chilly."

((How about... Hnmm I don't know.))

message 32: by Angela (new)

Angela (skies) ((Sun room, sitting room, and drawing rooms are free))

"Yes, let's." Sarolina said, withdrawing her shoulders toward her chest.

message 33: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) ((Sun room, then?))

Violetta found her shoes and put them back in, then wobbled on the heels as she stood up.

message 34: by Angela (new)

Angela (skies) ((Okay!))

Sarolina had easily slipped on her shoes, so she offered a hand in support to her friend.

message 35: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) "Thank you," she smiled, "Shall we go in?"

message 36: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) ((After you!))

message 37: by Angela (new)

Angela (skies) "Yes." Sarolina said and stepped towards the academy, advancing quickly out of the lake.

message 38: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) Violetta followed.

message 39: by Angela (new)

Angela (skies) ((I posted))

Heartfield Academy for Royals,Nobles and Servants

unread topics | mark unread