Paranormal and Horror Lovers discussion

GR question: How to control which groups send you emails/messages?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gertie (last edited May 04, 2014 05:56PM) (new)

Gertie (gertiebird) | 5 comments Does anyone know how to select which groups can send you messages? I'm specifically referring to the messages that are broadcast to all members of a group, such as newsletters and announcements.

I'm wondering how to unsubscribe from the messages from specific groups while keeping others. Anyone know?

message 2: by Lisa, R2R Admin & Group Creator (new)

Lisa Goldman | 541 comments Mod
Hi Gertie,

In the top right corner, you should see your profile pic and a little arrow down. Click on the arrow. You will get a drop down box that says "edit profile". Click on it. Once in your profile find and click the "email" tab. By scrolling down you will see everything you get emails for. You can change things for each group you're in or the general ones you get from Goodreads. For the groups, the 'digest' will get you more emails and "notification only' or 'none' will get you less. I'm not sure the exact differences between each button though. You may have to play around.

I hope that helps.

Lisa

message 3: by Gertie (new)

Gertie (gertiebird) | 5 comments Thanks Lisa.

That setting controls what you get email for (or if you get a notification instead, or nothing at all) - what I really wanted was to somehow prevent some groups from sending me private messages via Goodreads. I don't think there is a way to control it however.

Curiously, I still do get emails when I get messages even when None is marked, so that's weird. I'm just not going to worry about it though.

message 4: by Lisa, R2R Admin & Group Creator (new)

Lisa Goldman | 541 comments Mod
You may be right on that. Sorry I am not much help here.
~Lisa

chucklesthescot Gertie wrote: "Does anyone know how to select which groups can send you messages? I'm specifically referring to the messages that are broadcast to all members of a group, such as newsletters and announcements.

I..."

When I last asked Goodreads how to stop having group mods send me PMs the helpful reply I got was 'leave the group'. Great huh?

message 6: by Rebecca, Group Creator (new)

Rebecca Nolan (rnolanauthor) | 396 comments Mod
chucklesthescot wrote: "Gertie wrote: "Does anyone know how to select which groups can send you messages? I'm specifically referring to the messages that are broadcast to all members of a group, such as newsletters and an..."

Oh wow that isn't a great response. I unfortunately have no idea how to prevent some groups from private messaging you :(