ғιяε αη∂ ιcε discussion

New Landing Town > Star Beach

Comments Showing 1-50 of 94 (94 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by ≈aleх: pнoenιх oғ тнe ғlaмe≈ (last edited May 04, 2014 05:47PM) (new)

≈aleх: pнoenιх oғ тнe ғlaмe≈ (loveisendless) A white-sanded lake coastal to a pristine sea.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

A pair of sunglasses rested themselves on a pale, freckled nose. Michigan walked smoothly along the uneven sand, having taken off her flip-flops because of the annoyance of the grains rubbing her feet. She paused as the waves rolled in, standing on one foot, balanced easily. The sunlight bounced off of her shoulders. She never worried much about sunburn.

message 3: by Drax (new)

Drax RavenKnight (draxhollowknight) Kryo enjoyed the beach, with its soothing, often frigid(at least around him) waves, few people, and little need for conversation. So, the fit young man sat there with his trunks, alone in his chair, his can of coke in one hand and his book in the other. It was precious to him, solitude, and, at the moment, he didn't realize it was going to be robbed of him again.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Staying in place until the water started to make a cold, burning feeling in her legs from the water, Micha then decided to step out of it. She glanced up, continuing to walk down the line of the beach. Upon seeing Kryo a little further away, she frowned a little, slowing down as she approached him. "Whatcha doin' there?" she questioned, tilting her head down at him, the creepy look in her eyes hidden by the dark tinting on her glasses.

message 5: by Drax (new)

Drax RavenKnight (draxhollowknight) "Reading," Kyro said, sighing. Again with the interrupting and the scolding and all that. Hooray.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

"Oh, I couldn't see that," Michigan said dryly, dropping down into the sand next to his chair. "More fantasy?" He seemed to not like her. Well, that was obvious. But Micha wasn't used to it, therefore she wouldn't stop bugging him until she figured it out.

message 7: by Drax (new)

Drax RavenKnight (draxhollowknight) "Yes," he said, slightly irritated with her constant annoyance. Couldn't she see that he didn't like anyone?

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Micha draped an arm over her knees, arching an eyebrow. It didn't help that he wasn't looking at her, and she probably should've thought to take her sunglasses off, but she didn't. "Is that all you read?"

message 9: by Drax (new)

Drax RavenKnight (draxhollowknight) "Pretty much. Is there a problem with that?" Kyro said, glancing at her, actually giving her some eye contact for just a moment.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

"No, not at all," Michigan stuttered for a moment, wondering if all she had said to him in the past made it sound like she had a problem with it. Filing through their short-lived conversations, she decided she hadn't said anything his name being odd or unique. Now, she straightened her back, straining to maintain the eye contact, lifting her glasses to the top of her head. "Do you like music?"

message 11: by Drax (new)

Drax RavenKnight (draxhollowknight) "Occasionally," Kryo said, nodding. He liked some music, of course, but not all music, like the obnoxious new style.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

"Like what?" Micha continued after clearing her throat. She had an obsession with music, even if she didn't like a certain style, she listened to it to try and understand. Most of the time that worked out for her. She leaned back on the heel of her palm, still watching him from below.

message 13: by Drax (new)

Drax RavenKnight (draxhollowknight) "I like classical, some electronic, and a bit of rock," Kyro said, eyes leaving hers again. He went back to reading. She just wasn't... being interesting enough.

message 14: by [deleted user] (last edited May 07, 2014 02:42PM) (new)

Either she was boring, or Kryo was easily distracted. Michigan couldn't figure out which. She leaned a little bit forward, gently touching her hand to his forearm for the flash of a second. "Are you always annoyed, or is it just me?"

message 15: by Drax (new)

Drax RavenKnight (draxhollowknight) "I don't like being disturbed," he said, feeling the heat of her skin on the chill of his own, briefly disrupting his focus. Such a thing was a bit too sensual for him.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

"Funny, neither do I, but I'm trying to have a human conversation. Looks kinda stupid when it's one-sided," Micha said, rolling her eyes. She drew her hand across the sand aimlessly, biting her lip.

message 17: by Drax (new)

Drax RavenKnight (draxhollowknight) "And that's my fault? I've made it clear that talking to me is pointless. Talk to someone with a bit more of a human-like mindset," Kryo suggested coldly.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Michigan flashed a wolf-like grin, unfazed by his words. "No can do. Are you always like this? Or do you not have that much experience with people?"

message 19: by Drax (new)

Drax RavenKnight (draxhollowknight) "People are not something you need to experience. They just are," Kryo replied.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

"You must be fun at parties," Micha muttered, frowning for a moment before bouncing back. "But I guess parties are too much effort."

message 21: by Drax (new)

Drax RavenKnight (draxhollowknight) "Indeed," Kryo said, shrugging. "Or maybe not. There's food there, after all," he allowed. He loved food. More than pretty much anything else.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

"Is food worth the effort? I wouldn't think so. A pointless thing, other than nutrition, of course." Michigan didn't understand most people's love for food, or opposite: hatred of it. She was somewhere in between.

message 23: by Drax (new)

Drax RavenKnight (draxhollowknight) "Food's sensual deliciousness makes it worth the effort," Kryo said, as if such a thing were obvious.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

"You let your tastebuds decide what's sensual? That's... unique." Michigan folded her arms across her chest, a little confused. No one loved food that much. Then again, she only ever ate plain food from the correct food groups. Never anything with flavor. It was considered pleasurable in her family, and useless. Not allowed.

message 25: by Drax (new)

Drax RavenKnight (draxhollowknight) "Of course. Flavors and experiences gleaned from tasting something delicious are always worth the effort," Kryo said, shrugging.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

"You seem to be too fond of whole grains," Micha commented, tilting her head to the side. "Nothing tastes good, as far as I know. It's not supposed to be like that." She knew most cities and areas had their own way of cooking things, but she hadn't ever tried anything. The closest she'd gotten was a clown offering her an ice cream cone when she was five, and that had been taken away.

message 27: by Drax (new)

Drax RavenKnight (draxhollowknight) "Whole grains? What are you talking about? I'm talking about spice, sugar, richness, and flavor! Gyros, lamb meat spiced to perfection inside of pita bread with cucumber sauce, Lobster with melted butter, chocolate fudge cake, and every imaginable flavor in the world!" Kryo exclaimed.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Michigan had an eyebrow raised at Kryo, her mouth open, speechless. Which was very rare. As she had been showing, she was one to speak. A lot. Finally, she swallowed. His small outburst had taken her by surprise. "That all sounds.. fine, but I don't do... flavor. Or spice. Sugar, richness. None. But you're obviously fond."

message 29: by Drax (new)

Drax RavenKnight (draxhollowknight) "You're not enjoying life, lazy or not, if you don't enjoy its food," Kryo said, taken aback.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

"That's not completely true. If I didn't know of how good it was, I wouldn't lust for it. Thus, I can thoroughly enjoy life without it. Well, at least until you just said that." Micha was a bit annoyed now. Why had he chosen food to open up about?

message 31: by Drax (last edited May 09, 2014 11:40AM) (new)

Drax RavenKnight (draxhollowknight) "You cannot live without eating, and you cannot or at least, would not eat if it didn't bring on some sense of enjoyment. Even by fullness, or the sense of energy obtained by the fuel. This makes happiness," Kryo argued.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

"You can't make an argument like that without proving it. I'm fine the way I am. I could even say I'm happy without these luxurious foods," Michigan replied.

message 33: by Drax (new)

Drax RavenKnight (draxhollowknight) "Oh really? You want me to prove to you the wonders of food?" Kryo asked, smirking. "Think you can handle it?"

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

"Probably not. I might die. But see, then, I wouldn't be around to bug you anymore. So it's a win-win. Or a win-lose. Whichever you prefer." Micha shrugged, trying not to smirk back.

message 35: by Drax (new)

Drax RavenKnight (draxhollowknight) "Well, then, I suppose I'll have to get up, then," Kryo said, standing for probably the first time in her presence. He stood almost in a king-like fashion, confident, proud, but also slowly, and not in the least hurried. He wasn't lazy because he lacked drive. He was lazy because the world would not, and could not dare to force him into action.

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Not in the least bit feeling she had made a 'friend', or whatever normal people called them, she at least felt that she had made an acquaintance. Then, standing up and brushing the sand off of herself, she realized she'd never told him her name. "I'm Micha. Michigan," she said, almost stuttering.

message 37: by Drax (new)

Drax RavenKnight (draxhollowknight) "Ah. I don't really care," Kryo said honestly, walking towards the street to find a food truck.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

"Figured so. But that doesn't mean I don't like blurting out my name randomly. Plus, it might seem a little weird that I know your name and you didn't know mine." Michigan trailed after him, sliding her sunglasses back down onto her nose.

message 39: by Drax (new)

Drax RavenKnight (draxhollowknight) "I didn't really mind. It's time for food, though," he said, spotting a taco truck. It was a decent one, from his experience. He'd done his taste-testing.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

"Okay. So, you've tried this before," Micha started, assuming. "What's your favorite? Or what is good?" Her eyes ran down the menu. Not foreign to her, but not exactly knowing what any of them meant.

message 41: by Drax (new)

Drax RavenKnight (draxhollowknight) "You'd better try the mildest one, if you've been so uneducated in terms of food for so long," Kryo said, pointing.

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

"Psh. Fine." Micha walked up, ordered, then paid, taking the taco a moment later. She bounced it in her hand for a moment, tilting her head at Kryo. "Any weird rituals I have to follow?"

message 43: by Drax (new)

Drax RavenKnight (draxhollowknight) "Bite it," Kryo said. "Then chew, then swallow."

message 44: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinekstrom01) description

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

((Sorry, Drax.))

Michigan rolled her eyes, about to reply with another snarky comment, but decided against it, biting into the taco and chewing.

message 46: by Drax (new)

Drax RavenKnight (draxhollowknight) ((It's cool.))

Kryo watched silently, waiting for her to say something.

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

After a full moment of chewing, Micha swallowed to clear her throat. She nodded. "Good," was all she said.

message 48: by Drax (new)

Drax RavenKnight (draxhollowknight) "Good. Well, I suppose that's a start," Kryo said, sighing.

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

"It was.. good," Micha tried, turning over in her head what she might have done wrong. Unless Kryo just seemed disappointed with everything.

message 50: by Drax (new)

Drax RavenKnight (draxhollowknight) "And? Is that a surprise? Is it good as in, actually uplifting, makes your senses tingle, or good as in 'okay, whatever?'" Kryo asked, rolling his eyes.

« previous 1