What To Read After Fifty Shades of Grey discussion

Book Promotion > Seeking review for erotic relationship novel

Comments Showing 1-50 of 51 (51 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Lorraine (last edited May 04, 2014 05:05PM) (new)

Lorraine Loveit | 45 comments Can be read as a standalone, Getting Tackled is the 2nd book in "Playing the Game" series. Prior to release date of 1st June I would love to get a couple of reviews, both for Goodreads and Amazon.

This story focuses more on the relationship of the two main characters, rather than the erotic/bdsm elements.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

message 2: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Hanson | 43 comments hi Lorraine. I am happy to read and review it for you.

message 3: by Lorraine (last edited May 05, 2014 06:55AM) (new)

Lorraine Loveit | 45 comments Debbie wrote: "hi Lorraine. I am happy to read and review it for you."

That's great Debbie. What format would you like and what email do I send to?

Also, would you like to read/review book 1 Bounce Down?

Cheers, Lorraine

message 4: by Katie (new)

Katie | 4 comments I'd love to read and review for you. I'm an amazon girl and my email is kkwrmeyer@gmail.com

message 5: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Loveit | 45 comments Katie wrote: "I'd love to read and review for you. I'm an amazon girl and my email is kkwrmeyer@gmail.com"

Hi Katie, I have sent both books to your email. Many thanks.

Cheryl(cherber) (cherber) | 14 comments Hi Lorraine, you had sent me a copy of getting tackled along with bounce down, I hadn't had a chance to read getting tackled yet but as soon as I do ( hopefully soon) I'll post my review on both Goodreads and Amazon.com. also thank you again.

message 7: by Aղցela W. (new)

Aղցela W. I would love to read and review your book kindle an2772@yahoo.com

message 8: by Lorraine (last edited May 05, 2014 09:05AM) (new)

Lorraine Loveit | 45 comments Cheryl(cherber) wrote: "Hi Lorraine, you had sent me a copy of getting tackled along with bounce down, I hadn't had a chance to read getting tackled yet but as soon as I do ( hopefully soon) I'll post my review on both Go..."

Thats ok Cheryl, honestly no rush - we all have a busy life. Also I have done editing, esp to sex scenes. Would you like me to send you updated versions?

message 9: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Loveit | 45 comments Angela W. wrote: "I would love to read and review your book kindle an2772@yahoo.com"
Hi Angela - would you like Bounce Down (book 1) as well?

message 10: by Aղցela W. (new)

Aղցela W. yes I would

message 11: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Loveit | 45 comments Angela W. wrote: "yes I would"

They're on the way to you now. Many thanks, Lorraine.

message 12: by Cheryl(cherber) (new)

Cheryl(cherber) (cherber) | 14 comments Lorraine wrote: "Cheryl(cherber) wrote: "Hi Lorraine, you had sent me a copy of getting tackled along with bounce down, I hadn't had a chance to read getting tackled yet but as soon as I do ( hopefully soon) I'll p..."

That would be great Lorraine, I hope you didn't take all the SEXY stuff out! Lol(; that's what I liked about your first book. But I am glad it focuses on the relationship part of they're story. And I promise I'll start on it by end of next week. PDF form hodges_cheryl@ymail.com thanks so much.

message 13: by Aղցela W. (new)

Aղցela W. Lorraine wrote: "Angela W. wrote: "yes I would"

They're on the way to you now. Many thanks, Lorraine."

got them thanks I will read and post my review in a few days

message 14: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Loveit | 45 comments Cheryl(cherber) wrote: "Lorraine wrote: "Cheryl(cherber) wrote: "Hi Lorraine, you had sent me a copy of getting tackled along with bounce down, I hadn't had a chance to read getting tackled yet but as soon as I do ( hopef..."

No added more descriptive sex scenes. Will send both pdfs now. Many thanks :D

message 15: by Amy (new)

Amy (amydwoods) | 6 comments I'd be happy to help. I've not read the first one. Kindle format. Amyd384@aol.com

message 16: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Hanson | 43 comments hi. Happy you to read both for you. I read in Kindle so mobi is best. my email is debbiehanson@optusnet.com.au
Thanks

message 17: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Loveit | 45 comments Amy wrote: "I'd be happy to help. I've not read the first one. Kindle format. Amyd384@aol.com"

Hi Amy, I have sent both books to you. Many thanks :D

message 18: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Loveit | 45 comments Debbie wrote: "hi. Happy you to read both for you. I read in Kindle so mobi is best. my email is debbiehanson@optusnet.com.au
Thanks"

Thanks Debbie, both books on their way to you now. Regards, Lorraine

message 19: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 13 comments I would love to review your book, My email is molly224@wi.rr.com, epub format...Thank you!!

message 20: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Loveit | 45 comments Michelle wrote: "I would love to review your book, My email is molly224@wi.rr.com, epub format...Thank you!!"

Hi Michelle, I have forwarded to you. Let me know if you didn't get the attachment. Many thanks, Lorraine.

message 21: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 13 comments I got your email and I loaded the books no problem, however when I went to open the books on my ereader all that was there was the cover page, so if you could send it to me again I would appreciate it.

message 22: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Loveit | 45 comments Michelle wrote: "I got your email and I loaded the books no problem, however when I went to open the books on my ereader all that was there was the cover page, so if you could send it to me again I would appreciate..."

Same problem happened with me. I have downloaded previous epub versions via Caliber program. I can read in program but only downloads cover. I can send pdfs if you like or mobi (kindle) - if you don't have a kindle (like myself) you can download a free kindle app for your pc - here's the link http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html...

I'm sorry about the problem, I'm still working on it but would be good if I could get copies to you in another format in the meantime. Let me know, thanks Michelle

message 23: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 13 comments You can try pdf's I just don't like them because the print is small on my nook but thats something I can live with.

message 24: by Cheryl(cherber) (new)

Cheryl(cherber) (cherber) | 14 comments Hey Michelle, if you download that free kindle app get your kindle e-mail address, download the PDF version to your kindle e-mail address put convert in subject line before sending them when it downloads you should be able to read it like a regular book (;

message 25: by Lorraine (last edited May 08, 2014 12:48PM) (new)

Lorraine Loveit | 45 comments Michelle wrote: "You can try pdf's I just don't like them because the print is small on my nook but thats something I can live with."

Michelle, I will send the pdfs now, thanks Cheryl for the tip.

message 26: by Monique (new)

Monique | 63 comments Hi Michelle, I would be happy to read and review for you. Email is christarver@sbcglobal.net and I can read on iPad either through iBooks or kindle app. Thanks

message 27: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Loveit | 45 comments Monique wrote: "Hi Michelle, I would be happy to read and review for you. Email is christarver@sbcglobal.net and I can read on iPad either through iBooks or kindle app. Thanks"

Hi Monique, would you like me the send first book Bounce Down as well? Cheers, Lorraine

message 28: by Monique (new)

Monique | 63 comments Sure that would be great, thanks!!! Look forward to reading them.

message 29: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Loveit | 45 comments Monique wrote: "Sure that would be great, thanks!!! Look forward to reading them."

They are on their way - enjoy :D

message 30: by Cheryl(cherber) (new)

Cheryl(cherber) (cherber) | 14 comments Hi Lorraine, I've just finished getting tackled. I read both versions the original and the newest one that you changed slightly. Quite honestly I almost have to give the same review on getting tackled as I gave on bounce down! In my opinion Brendan hasn't really changed he's still a immature mentally controlling person which contradicts what a Dom is. Suzie's character had improved for me I like how she will stand her ground on certain issues. But I don't think she really wants to be a sub.I feel like she just wants to be his girlfriend with some kink. My biggest negative with this book as was the same as the first is the sex was still very non-descriptive. It's not fluid and others no passion. In fact I noticed I'll be reading how one minute they are sitting on couch talking and the very next sentence it says "it was hard and fast and rough" the next sentence she's at work?? That doesn't work for me. I read A LOT of erotica dark and contemporary and a lot of it has BDSM in it. And the sex in the story just isn't doing it for ME. But the positive for me is with some tweaking I think these characters can redeem themselves in the next two books. I don't want to give up on this series, and like I said in my review of "Bounce Down" I gave it a four star because It can't be easy writing your first erotic series. And I have a lot of respect for indie authors. I give this 2nd book a four star for the same reasons as well as the changes you made in it. But the sex has to be more in detail and fluid. I want to feel it through the pages. I will give the last two books a try cause I hate not finishing what I've started. And I support this author.

message 31: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Loveit | 45 comments Michelle wrote: "You can try pdf's I just don't like them because the print is small on my nook but thats something I can live with."

Hi Michelle, have now sorted the epub problem - do you want them both in that format now? Regards, Lorraine

message 32: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Loveit | 45 comments Cheryl(cherber) wrote: "Hi Lorraine, I've just finished getting tackled. I read both versions the original and the newest one that you changed slightly. Quite honestly I almost have to give the same review on getting tack..."

Hi Cheryl, thanks for reading and the review. My main problem when I started this series was I didn't want it to be just another erotic novel (as you say there are a lot out there). I wanted to focus more on the out of control relationship Suzie finds hereself in. Granted there had to be sex involved but I didn't want it to be just about the sex/bdsm. I feel this story doesn't fit into an erotic or romance genre. Its not as explicit re sex scenes and there is no romance to speak of. But thanks for your comments, I appreciate your honesty and will let you know when book 3 is ready for review.

message 33: by Cheryl(cherber) (new)

Cheryl(cherber) (cherber) | 14 comments Lorraine wrote: "Cheryl(cherber) wrote: "Hi Lorraine, I've just finished getting tackled. I read both versions the original and the newest one that you changed slightly. Quite honestly I almost have to give the sam..."
Thank you for that feedback, it helps me see these characters in a different way ((; and I'm glad you didn't take my review in a bad way because I'm a HUGE supporter of indie authors especially new authors. I'm not a writer so I can only imagine how tough it is trying to get your books out there. But I read a lot (not just on my tablet) and I'm certain I'll be reading a lot more from you ((; and I definitely want to finish this series out.

message 34: by Monique (new)

Monique | 63 comments Lorraine wrote: "Monique wrote: "Hi Michelle, I would be happy to read and review for you. Email is christarver@sbcglobal.net and I can read on iPad either through iBooks or kindle app. Thanks"

Hi Monique, would y..."

Hi, just finished the first book and started second. Hope to leave reviews today if not tomorrow. Would love to read and review third book, so please let me know if you are in need of reviewers. Thanks!

message 35: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Loveit | 45 comments Monique wrote: "Lorraine wrote: "Monique wrote: "Hi Michelle, I would be happy to read and review for you. Email is christarver@sbcglobal.net and I can read on iPad either through iBooks or kindle app. Thanks"

Hi..."

That was quick! Will let you know re Hard Ball (book 3) I have about 30-40 pages to go, then have to edit etc. Thanks again for reviewing. Kind regards, Lorraine :D

message 36: by Pollie (new)

Pollie (polliepop) | 8 comments If you are sit looking for reviews I would be glad to help you out. Email is polliepop1@yahoo.com or iBooks/Kindle

message 37: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Loveit | 45 comments Pollie wrote: "If you are sit looking for reviews I would be glad to help you out. Email is polliepop1@yahoo.com or iBooks/Kindle"

Hi Pollie, that would be great. Do you want to read Bounce Down as well (Book 1)? Regards, Lorraine

message 38: by Pollie (new)

Pollie (polliepop) | 8 comments Yes that would be great! You can email me at polliepop1@yahoo.com or send via kindle or iBook
Thanks

message 39: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Loveit | 45 comments Pollie wrote: "Yes that would be great! You can email me at polliepop1@yahoo.com or send via kindle or iBook
Thanks"

Will send Bounce Down now, I'm just doing some final tweaks to Getting Tackled. Will send through tonight (its morning in Australia now). Thanks for the offer of reviewing. Hope you like them.

message 40: by Pollie (new)

Pollie (polliepop) | 8 comments I'm excited! Can't wait!

message 41: by Monica (new)

Monica | 6 comments Hi. If your still looking I would love to read and write a review for you! monica419@comcast.net

message 42: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Loveit | 45 comments Monica wrote: "Hi. If your still looking I would love to read and write a review for you! monica419@comcast.net"

No worries Moinica, do you want to read Bounce Down (book 1) first?

message 43: by Monica (new)

Monica | 6 comments Would love too!!

message 44: by Monique (new)

Monique | 63 comments Just finished 2nd book and left review. Looking forward to book 3, so please let me know when it is ready to be read! Best wishes and great job!!!

message 45: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Loveit | 45 comments Monique wrote: "Just finished 2nd book and left review. Looking forward to book 3, so please let me know when it is ready to be read! Best wishes and great job!!!"

Thanks Monique, will let you know re Hard Ball (book 3). It would be great if you could post a review for Getting Tackled on Amazon after 1st June when its released. Again, thanks for your review. Glad you enjoyed it and hopefully some of your questions will be answered in third book.

message 46: by Monique (new)

Monique | 63 comments Will do! Looked for it on amazon but forgot it was not out yet.

message 47: by Amber (new)

Amber Goff | 5 comments Could I get both books to review please! Amazon kindle format! arussell09@yahoo.com. Thanks :)

message 48: by Blake (new)

Blake Kinard  | 3 comments I would love to read & review both book please. Could you send it to kindle format at blakehorton1995@gmail.com

message 49: by Kandice (new)

Kandice Dance | 2 comments I would like to read and review both. Kandie1208@yahoo.com kindle format

message 50: by Jeena (new)

Jeena Marie | 3 comments If you can still send me the book, I will be happy to read and give you a review. This is my email cruzjeenamarie@yahoo.com thank you.

« previous 1