#AYEARATHON discussion

May - Finish/Catch Up Month > Update On Reading Progress - Day's 1 & 2

Comments Showing 1-50 of 110 (110 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by ke-sha (new)

ke-sha (angel707) | 1986 comments Mod
So tell me how you guys reading progress for the first 2 day? I know some of you guys have started early.

I hope everyone is doing well with their goals :D

Since I'm putting this up Sunday I have not yet started but I plan to do an Update video Tuesday or Wednesday when I have time.
Here's the link to my channel if you wish to see:
https://www.youtube.com/user/theforsa...

message 2: by Catalina (new)

Catalina (catalinaquintana) | 15 comments I've already finished the first book :D I'm planing on starting the third book of the millenium trilogy and break it down with some Haruhi Suzumiya in between

message 3: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (aclunz) | 404 comments Mod
Catalina wrote: "I've already finished the first book :D I'm planing on starting the third book of the millenium trilogy and break it down with some Haruhi Suzumiya in between"

Whoa, look at you! You're putting the rest of us to shame. I probably won't start reading until Wednesday after my finals are over.

message 4: by Catalina (new)

Catalina (catalinaquintana) | 15 comments Alyssa wrote: "Catalina wrote: "I've already finished the first book :D I'm planing on starting the third book of the millenium trilogy and break it down with some Haruhi Suzumiya in between"

Whoa, look at you! ..."

I do have to start early, I have to study for tests this week as well xD

Pwn your finals! what a better reward for them than a good read? :)

message 5: by Alyssa (new)

Catalina wrote: "Alyssa wrote: "Catalina wrote: "I've already finished the first book :D I'm planing on starting the third book of the millenium trilogy and break it down with some Haruhi Suzumiya in between"

Whoa..."

That's what I'm going with ;) I'll still have Thursday - Sunday to read and the books that I'm planning on reading are ones that I REALLY want to get to.

message 6: by Kirsty (new)

Kirsty (gondorianjedi) | 91 comments Well I didn't plan on reading all of Allegiant today, but I'm on page 375 and I just need to keep going, if only to prevent myself from looking up plot summaries online.
I'm back to work tomorrow so the reading will have to slow down a bit.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

yepp.
I finished city of lost souls. on the serpents kiss atm, but thinking I will read on location and family affairs by jen calonita too.

message 8: by Jaylen (new)

Jaylen (jaylen_) I finished Cinder by Marissa Meyer last week and now I am half way through Scarlet and I just got Cress the third book just for the read-a-thon

message 9: by Anisha (new)

Anisha (libraryofanisha) I'm 300 pages in (half way) to A storm of swords part one. I'm in New Zealand so I think I'm pretty much a day ahead of everyone else, my Monday has been already :)

message 10: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 3 comments I'm finished with Takedown Twentyby Janet Evanovich which catches me up in her numbers series although 21 is coming out soon.
I'm almost done with Running Blind by Lee Child which is book 4 and will not even nearly catch me up in that series but with such a huge series you have to start somewhere.
I will be starting Insurgent by Veronica Roth today hopefully.

message 11: by Monica (new)

Monica Go | 79 comments I'm 220 pages in to The fellowship of the ring for my Lord of the rings read-a-thon

message 12: by Alex (new)

Alex Ouellette | 6 comments Starting frostbite by Richele Mead in a hour or two!

message 13: by Emily (new)

Emily Gambrel I'm on page 300 of Plague by Michael Grant for the series Gone. 194 pages to go!

message 14: by Hana'a (new)

Hana'a (osnapitzhanaa) | 166 comments Thought it started today so I am about to start True by Hilary Duff but last night I finished Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan

message 15: by Hana'a (new)

Hana'a (osnapitzhanaa) | 166 comments Started True and made it to chapter 2. I'm going to take a break because I have school work and its my last month vefore graduation so I'll most likely read more tonight. Don't know if that counts as today or tomorrow

message 16: by Лилия (new)

Лилия Божинова | 1 comments I finished one book by Amelie Nothomb that wasn't on my TBR but I couldn't wait to read and I am 150-ish pages in "The Witching Hour" by Anne Rice. It's still Monday here so I have time till the end of the first day, really hoping to get at least a 100 more pages read.

message 17: by Anna (new)

Anna Todd (xsincerelyanna) | 13 comments Day 1: So I finished two books that weren't on my official TBR list and those were Just One Day by Gayle Forman, and The Little Android by Marissa Meyer. I started Clockwork Angel and am on my way to pick up the other two books in the series. Clockwork Angel is a reread for me and I still love Will's witty sarcasm and the action in it. I've added Marissa Meyer's other two novellas to my reading list. Glitches and The Queens Army to read in between Shadowhunter awesomeness. I'm also going to read Just One Year by Gayle Forman to finish out that series until the new book comes out.

message 18: by Regina (new)

Regina Egyed (gina_gilet) | 28 comments I'm at Chapter 26 of Allegiant hopefully I'll finish it tomorrow. It's almost midnight here, but a little late night reading is always good if you don't have school on the following day. :D

message 19: by Nate (new)

Nate (natepeysak) Starting the second book in the infernal devices

message 20: by Alyssa (new)

Kirsty wrote: "Well I didn't plan on reading all of Allegiant today, but I'm on page 375 and I just need to keep going, if only to prevent myself from looking up plot summaries online.
I'm back to work tomorrow s..."

Were you able to finish Allegiant?

message 21: by Alyssa (new)

Oda wrote: "yepp.
I finished city of lost souls. on the serpents kiss atm, but thinking I will read on location and family affairs by jen calonita too."

Did you finish it in one day?!

message 22: by Alyssa (new)

Jaylen wrote: "I finished Cinder by Marissa Meyer last week and now I am half way through Scarlet and I just got Cress the third book just for the read-a-thon"

I JUST recently finished Cress and I adored it! What do you think of the series so far?

message 23: by Alyssa (new)

Anisha wrote: "I'm 300 pages in (half way) to A storm of swords part one. I'm in New Zealand so I think I'm pretty much a day ahead of everyone else, my Monday has been already :)"

Go, go, go! Monday is coming to a close for me (in the USA) but I haven't read anything yet... Unless you count a semester's worth of notes for my finals :)

message 24: by David (new)

David | 6 comments I've already almost gotten halfway done with Shades of Earth.

message 25: by Alyssa (new)

L wrote: "I'm finished with Takedown Twentyby Janet Evanovich which catches me up in her numbers series although 21 is coming out soon.
I'm almost done with Running Blind by Lee..."

I've got to express how impressed I am that you've read all of the Stephanie Plum books! I think I got to about five or six because I lost track of them. Do you like them? I've heard that they get kind of repetitive after a while.

message 26: by Alyssa (new)

Monica wrote: "I'm 220 pages in to The fellowship of the ring for my Lord of the rings read-a-thon"

Awesome! How are you liking it so far?

message 27: by Alyssa (new)

Alex wrote: "Starting frostbite by Richele Mead in a hour or two!"

Make sure to keep us posted on your progress :)

message 28: by Alyssa (new)

Emily wrote: "I'm on page 300 of Plague by Michael Grant for the series Gone. 194 pages to go!"

GOOOOO! What are you planning on reading next?

message 29: by Alyssa (new)

Hana'a wrote: "Thought it started today so I am about to start True by Hilary Duff but last night I finished Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan"

Nice! Are you going to read the other Percy Jackson books in June for Rick Riordan month?

message 30: by Alyssa (new)

Kelsey wrote: "I'm just getting started. I hadn't finished torn by Amanda Hocking before today, so I guess that's what I get to start with."

Ha, don't worry - I won't be started until Wednesday :)

message 31: by Alyssa (new)

Hana'a wrote: "Started True and made it to chapter 2. I'm going to take a break because I have school work and its my last month vefore graduation so I'll most likely read more tonight. Don't know if that counts ..."

Congrats on graduating soon :) A lot of us can't start until mid-week because of finals! We don't really worry about start dates or page counts... AYearAThon was created to kick ourselves in the butt in reading.

message 32: by Alyssa (new)

Лилия wrote: "I finished one book by Amelie Nothomb that wasn't on my TBR but I couldn't wait to read and I am 150-ish pages in "The Witching Hour" by Anne Rice. It's still Monday here so I have time till the en..."

How did you end up doing?

message 33: by Alyssa (new)

Anna wrote: "Day 1: So I finished two books that weren't on my official TBR list and those were Just One Day by Gayle Forman, and The Little Android by Marissa Meyer. I started Clockwork Angel and am on my way ..."

Okay - hold up JUST one moment. Marissa Meyer has novellas out...?!

message 34: by Alyssa (new)

Regina wrote: "I'm at Chapter 26 of Allegiant hopefully I'll finish it tomorrow. It's almost midnight here, but a little late night reading is always good if you don't have school on the following day. :D"

Ah... I'm so jealous. I can't wait until school is over so I can do precisely that. How are you liking Allegiant so far? That seems to be a lot of people's picks for this month!

message 35: by Alyssa (new)

Nate wrote: "Starting the second book in the infernal devices"

I love The Infernal Devices - how are you liking the series so far?

message 36: by Alyssa (new)

David wrote: "I've already almost gotten halfway done with Shades of Earth."

A Million Suns has been staring at me from my shelf for YEARS... I'm afraid to read the rest of the books though! Do you like it?

message 37: by David (new)

David | 6 comments Yes! I love them, you should definitely read them. I promise they live up to their hype.

message 38: by Raciel (new)

Raciel jasper forsythe | 21 comments so i ended up reading goliath before the readathon but i did finish book four of the saga of darren shan series and got halfway through the 3rd book in the spin-off series.

message 39: by Mckenzie (new)

Mckenzie Lynne | 7 comments I am on page 49 of prodigy

message 40: by Jaylen (new)

Jaylen (jaylen_) I aim really living the Lunar Chronicles series it's SUPER GOOD!

message 41: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (kerrithebookbelle) | 353 comments Mod
Raciel wrote: "so i ended up reading goliath before the readathon but i did finish book four of the saga of darren shan series and got halfway through the 3rd book in the spin-off series."

are you talking about goliath by scott westerfeld? i love that book! :) and congrats on being on a roll! glad you're with us this week :)

message 42: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (kerrithebookbelle) | 353 comments Mod
Jaylen wrote: "I aim really living the Lunar Chronicles series it's SUPER GOOD!"

oh i love the lunar chronicles! once i finish world after, i'm moving on to cress! :) which book are you on?

message 43: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (readingfox91) | 42 comments Alyssa wrote: "Anna wrote: "Day 1: So I finished two books that weren't on my official TBR list and those were Just One Day by Gayle Forman, and The Little Android by Marissa Meyer. I started Clockwork Angel and ..."

Yes indeed Marissa Meyer does in fact have novellas out if you go to http://www.wattpad.com/user/marissame... you can find them there :)

message 44: by Lorien (new)

Lorien (lorienkittybooks) | 167 comments Just finished book 1, Revenge of the Sith. Holy crap that was sad and amazing. Taking a break and I'll probably film an update soon.

message 45: by Crissie (new)

Crissie Wood (ctwood09) | 8 comments Day 1 - I finished reading Sea of Shadows by Kelley Armstong. I was already reading this book when this started and technically it is part of a series so it counts! =)

message 46: by Regina (new)

Regina Egyed (gina_gilet) | 28 comments Alyssa wrote: "Regina wrote: "I'm at Chapter 26 of Allegiant hopefully I'll finish it tomorrow. It's almost midnight here, but a little late night reading is always good if you don't have school on the following ..."

Do not be, it's just a short break because our seniors have school leaving exams this week. But the break lasts only three days. And I'll do my school leaving of English this year so I don't have to bother with it next year, when I'll be a senior. And I also have a first aid exam tomorrow to get my diving licence so it'll be a kind of mixed week for me. But of course I'll keep reading :)

I have mixed feelings of Allegiant right now, but it's getting better. Maybe it's because of the changed setting or because I have been spoiled...

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

Alyssa wrote: "Oda wrote: "yepp.
I finished city of lost souls. on the serpents kiss atm, but thinking I will read on location and family affairs by jen calonita too."

Did you finish it in one day?!"

yupp. wasent bizzy and I read fast.

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

I finished another book yesterday, planning on reading 3 more. thinking thats possible and not unlikely goal.

message 49: by Monica (new)

Monica Go | 79 comments I'm liking it, I remember it was more boring.

message 50: by Alyssa (new)

Kit Foxy wrote: "Alyssa wrote: "Anna wrote: "Day 1: So I finished two books that weren't on my official TBR list and those were Just One Day by Gayle Forman, and The Little Android by Marissa Meyer. I started Clock..."

I am totally counting these towards my AYEARATHON reads. Thanks for the link!

« previous 1 3