The Nerd Herd discussion

The Goose Girl (The Books of Bayern, #1)
This topic is about The Goose Girl
Books of Bayern > Goose Girl

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by mels, This isn't a friendship, it's a spaceship (new) - rated it 5 stars

mels (padmeskywalkers) | 3603 comments Mod
Anidori-Kiladra Talianna Isilee, Crown Princess of Kildenree, spends the first years of her life under her aunt's guidance learning to communicate with animals. As she grows up Ani develops the skills of animal speech, but is never comfortable speaking with people, so when her silver-tongued lady-in-waiting leads a mutiny during Ani's journey to be married in a foreign land, Ani is helpless and cannot persuade anyone to assist her.

Becoming a goose girl for the king, Ani eventually uses her own special, nearly magical powers to find her way to her true destiny. Shannon Hale has woven an incredible, original and magical tale of a girl who must find her own unusual talents before she can become queen of the people she has made her own.

message 2: by mels, This isn't a friendship, it's a spaceship (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ani's name took me so long to figure out how to say XD

message 3: by mels, This isn't a friendship, it's a spaceship (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yes, yes indeed you did. You;re my How-The-Heck-Do-I-Pronounce-This Go-To Gal XD

message 4: by johanna (last edited May 05, 2014 01:30AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

johanna (johannad_m) She has an awesome name, though, wow. I wish I had a name like that xDDD

message 5: by mels, This isn't a friendship, it's a spaceship (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yesh. It's pretty darn epic XD

message 6: by mels, This isn't a friendship, it's a spaceship (new) - rated it 5 stars

It's soo good :)

message 7: by mels, This isn't a friendship, it's a spaceship (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yep! That was good, too :)

johanna (johannad_m) I haven't read that. Is it good?

johanna (johannad_m) Okay, thanks:)

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

My grandma recommended this book to me, should I read it?

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh my wow!!!!!!! I'm reading this. Love it!!!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks. I like it because I'm short and my dad is SUPER tall! I'm not done growing. There's still a chance.

I'm only at the part where Ani becomes the Goose Girl.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm a very short post. I don't think that's good. The only reason I'm still a post is I'm naturally strong.

Yes I'm so excited to see how this turns out.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

No

Basketball

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Cool! I love basketball, but I probably won't play in collage unless I work my butt off.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

It's fine!

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Long time. :)

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

OH MY WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I finished this a while ago, but still. I loved this book soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much. I started Enna Burning (then it expired on me cause that's what you get when you check a book out from the library) and it's just not as good.

message 19: by mels, This isn't a friendship, it's a spaceship (new) - rated it 5 stars

You didn't like Enna Burning?

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

I didn't finish, but so far the beginning isn't that great. The darn library only lets you check out so many books at a time and has you return them in like a week.

message 21: by mels, This isn't a friendship, it's a spaceship (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hm...

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

I have it on hold so I can finish it, but I'm gonna have to wait a while

message 23: by mels, This isn't a friendship, it's a spaceship (new) - rated it 5 stars

I see...