IGGPPC : Iggle BookWorms discussion

The Amber Spyglass (His Dark Materials, #3)
This topic is about The Amber Spyglass
Book Discussions > May 2014 Series: The Amber Spyglass (#3)

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (persephone17) Continuing on with our series, we'll be reading The Amber Spyglass for April, which is the third book in the His Dark Materials series. This is the discussion post where you'll post your thoughts, complaints, questions, etc., about the book. Have fun reading! :)I have a question though: do we want to continue on reading a series, along with our monthly pick? Not many people were posting about it, so I wasn't certain. If we want to continue reading a series, I'll post a discussion thread for suggestions for the next one. Please, tell me what you guys think!

Amanda Boyd (msduh) Well, I'm glad that y'all decided to continue with the series because the Amber Spyglass was my favorite of all three. I guess because there was a little bit of everything involved. Little romance, action and darkness while also being quite thought provoking and insightful.

I really liked that my original feelings for some characters are completely changed towards the end of the book, which in my mind, is pretty impressive. I always felt as though I have a good idea of how the story is going to use it's characters, but I was taken a bit by surprise with this one. I ended up loving some that I started off despising and disliking some that I expected to play more of a heroic/protective role.
I also really liked the idea of a world so completely different, yet similar, than what we know. The story of the Mulefa was enchanting and imaginative, which to me was like a breath of fresh air. Oh! And the solution to the problem in the world of the dead... ::sigh:: lovely, just lovely.

Can you tell. I'm trying to not give anything away, but it's difficult not to because I really did enjoy this book. I'm so glad that I finally got to read it.