IGGPPC : Iggle BookWorms discussion

Series???

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (persephone17) For the IGGPPC book club, as you guys have noticed, we usually read a monthly pick and we also choose a series to read for a few months. I have a question though: do we want to continue on reading a series, along with our monthly pick? Not many people were posting about it, so I wasn't certain if people were uninterested in the His Dark Materials series, or reading a series all together. If we want to continue reading a series, I'll post a discussion thread for suggestions for the next one to start, in June. Please, tell me what you guys think! Your opinions matter, and help the book club grow.

p.s. I've also decided to add in a monthly comic book/graphic novel/manga pick, since so many of our members are fans(including me). I hope you guys will enjoy this!

thanks, Elizabeth <3

Badschnoodles Genevieve (badschnoodles) | 89 comments I am very interested in His Dark Materials but I was on a (self-imposed) book-buying ban during March and April. I have copies on the way now!
I like the idea of having a few different books to choose from each month so there'll be something for everyone BUT the point of a book club is the discussion, so if there isn't enough discussion across the choices, maybe cut down?

message 3: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (persephone17) I agree....but I'm not sure if its that people aren't interested, or if its that they're too busy to discuss books? In general, the discussions have gotten less and less.

message 4: by Cassie (new)

Cassie | 15 comments I know that I, for one, was very busy through April. You could always try a group poll. It might be good to send out a group message. Many people turn off group notifications except for threads they are following so a message is always a good way to draw attention to the group for more feedback.

message 5: by Claire (new)

Claire | 45 comments For me it was this particular series that didn't work for me, I read it a long time ago and didn't want to re-read.

message 6: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (persephone17) Cassie wrote: "I know that I, for one, was very busy through April. You could always try a group poll. It might be good to send out a group message. Many people turn off group notifications except for threads the..."
Thanks for the suggestions, Cassie! I sent out a message and made a poll- hopefully I can get a wider response this way.

And Claire- perfectly understandable. We've read some stuff that personally wasn't my cup of tea.

message 7: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (lunakaos) April was pretty busy for me and I've only just finished the book yesterday. It was a bad month for reading for me all up.

message 8: by Claire (new)

Claire | 45 comments I agree Nicole, I struggled to read much in April. I kind of feel like I need the literary equivalent of a palette cleanser after GoT.

message 9: by Clémence (new)

Clémence | 117 comments I'm not that enthusiastic about book series, but anyway I already read the ones you're looking forward to (LotR, GoT, Harry Potter...) so I will be able to talk about thel with you. So it's up to you. :)

message 10: by Stevie (new)

Stevie (yashapup) | 27 comments I'm fine with a good book series :-) I just couldn't get to the current one. I've had a lot on my plate lately so I'm currently still on books from over a month ago. I need to do some catching up. But I'm always good with a good series. I'm liking the fact that were doing a comic/ graphic novel/manga now to.

message 11: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (persephone17) So, I'm thinking we'll continue reading a series, with everyone on here being positive about it and everyone voting Yes on the poll. I like the idea mentioned-we could finish the Cinder series since we read the first in November?