Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon discussion

For the Blogless > * ~ Lindsay's Little Read-a-Thon Nook ~ *

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lindsay♫SingerOfStories♫ (last edited Oct 19, 2018 09:12PM) (new)

Lindsay♫SingerOfStories♫ (lindsaysingerofstories) | 12 comments Planning Post: October 2018
Books to finish
Dracula by Bram Stoker (audiobook)
The Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein by Kiersten White (hard copy)
Haunting the Deep (How to Hang a Witch, #2) by Adriana Mather (ebook)

Up Next....
It by Stephen King . Hocus Pocus & The All New Sequel by A.W. Jantha . Sleepy Hollow Bridge of Bones (Jason Crane, #2) by Richard Gleaves

message 2: by Lindsay♫SingerOfStories♫ (last edited Oct 20, 2018 10:50PM) (new)

Lindsay♫SingerOfStories♫ (lindsaysingerofstories) | 12 comments Currently....
Update #1: 7am
Update #2: 4:37pm
Update #3: 12:49am

Reading....
The Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein by Kiersten White p.84
Southern Spells (Sweet Tea Witch Mysteries, #2) by Amy Boyles 26%
Dracula by Bram Stoker - DONE!

Eating & Drinking....
Coffee w/ caramel "instant latte topping" (aka cool whip)
Pizza Hut, Mountain Dew Ice
McDonald's fries

Thinking & Feeling....
Lets get it started!!
Had a little nap...now eating a little dinner...let's keep moving
a) I promise I have eaten other, healthier things today :P b) OMG, I finally finished something!! Yay!!

message 3: by Lindsay♫SingerOfStories♫ (last edited Oct 20, 2018 10:47PM) (new)

Lindsay♫SingerOfStories♫ (lindsaysingerofstories) | 12 comments Accomplishments!

Books....
Dracula by Bram Stoker .... finished 12:47 am

message 4: by Lindsay♫SingerOfStories♫ (last edited Apr 28, 2017 09:41PM) (new)

Lindsay♫SingerOfStories♫ (lindsaysingerofstories) | 12 comments A bit about me....
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from tomorrow?
North Central Illinois, USA

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
Its really hard to pick ONE because I have some really good ones lined up I think, but I am definitely looking forward to finishing Zenn Diagram because I am at a critical point in the book and its way more interesting than I expected. Also I've been looking forward to reading Ready Player One for a long time and Wires and Nerve, Volume 1 because its something different from what I'm' used to.

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
Fruit pizza!

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
My fiance is going to go crazy tomorrow with me barely paying attention to him. He is going to be my biggest distraction...but I love him dearly. I am currently taking online classes and the more I have told myself to do my homework this week, the less I have wanted to do it! Oops! Oh well, playing catch up will be worth it because I am so psyched for this experience!!

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
This is my third read-a-thon. It is my first time with a blog and my first time volunteering to co-moderate. Should be fun - I'm looking forward to it!

message 5: by Kate (new)

Kate (kathrynlouwca) | 707 comments Welcome!!!! I really love how you have set up your thread!

And tell your boyfriend that he will get extra treats if he is good and leaves you alone for the day. lol

Lindsay♫SingerOfStories♫ (lindsaysingerofstories) | 12 comments Kathryn CA wrote: "Welcome!!!! I really love how you have set up your thread!

And tell your boyfriend that he will get extra treats if he is good and leaves you alone for the day. lol"

Thanks, Kathryn, I'll tell him that! I did buy him a few extra treats while I was stocking up on my own snacks for tomorrow. And a new video game too! Unfortunately he has already started in on the video game so hopefully it will get him through all of tomorrow!!! haha!

biblio • bliss (bookgirl1987) | 19 comments Welcome Lindsay! Love the enthusiasm. Happy reading and maybe that video game for your bf will hold out lol.

message 8: by Lindsay♫SingerOfStories♫ (last edited Apr 07, 2017 05:34PM) (new)

Lindsay♫SingerOfStories♫ (lindsaysingerofstories) | 12 comments 2016 Spring Readathon Archive
(view spoiler)

Robin (Saturndoo) (robinsaturndoo) Go Reader Go!!!! Hope you are enjoying all of your books.

Keep reading and have fun :)

Colona Public Library (colonapubliclibrary) | 197 comments Looks like you had a great read-a-thon! ~Ashley

message 11: by Lindsay♫SingerOfStories♫ (last edited Apr 07, 2017 05:39PM) (new)

Lindsay♫SingerOfStories♫ (lindsaysingerofstories) | 12 comments 2016 Fall Readathon Archive
(view spoiler)

message 12: by Lindsay♫SingerOfStories♫ (last edited Apr 29, 2017 05:35PM) (new)

Lindsay♫SingerOfStories♫ (lindsaysingerofstories) | 12 comments Mid Read-a-thon Survey

1. What are you reading right now?
Listening to The Dead House by Dawn Kurtagich on audiobook.

2. How many books have you read so far?
Finished 2 and started 3.

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
2 of the 3 that I have started are really good so far!! The third is just ok.

4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
I had a nap earlier than I expected to take it, but that's ok. I've also been online more than I wanted to but I should have known I would. Oops.

5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
Just how many wonderful people there are! I love it!

message 13: by Lindsay♫SingerOfStories♫ (last edited Apr 30, 2017 02:59AM) (new)

Lindsay♫SingerOfStories♫ (lindsaysingerofstories) | 12 comments A Picture Perfect Mini-Challenge for Stacy
1. description
(view spoiler)
2. description
(view spoiler)
3. description
(view spoiler)

message 14: by Lindsay♫SingerOfStories♫ (last edited Apr 27, 2018 09:59PM) (new)

Lindsay♫SingerOfStories♫ (lindsaysingerofstories) | 12 comments 2017 Spring Archive ... April 2017
(view spoiler)

Lindsay♫SingerOfStories♫ (lindsaysingerofstories) | 12 comments Updating for April 2017
The planning post....
First thing's first, I need to finish the following:
Geekerella by Ashley Poston . The Strange Case of the Alchemist's Daughter (The Extraordinary Adventures of the Athena Club, #1) by Theodora Goss . Zero Repeat Forever by Gabrielle Prendergast

Then I can move on to some of the awesome *NEW* books I've picked up here and there:
Children of Blood and Bone (Legacy of Orïsha, #1) by Tomi Adeyemi . To Kill a Kingdom by Alexandra Christo . Ace of Shades (The Shadow Game, #1) by Amanda Foody

OR I could consult the books collecting dust on my shelves....
Daughter of the Pirate King (Daughter of the Pirate King, #1) by Tricia Levenseller . Wintersong (Wintersong, #1) by S. Jae-Jones , Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1) by Kendare Blake

And THEN there's always the pile of ARCs beckoning me on my iPad.....
Mirage (Mirage, #1) by Somaiya Daud . Nyxia Unleashed (The Nyxia Triad, #2) by Scott Reintgen . The Retreat by Mark Edwards

and I SHOULD try to work my way through series' I've started...
Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) by Leigh Bardugo . The Dire King (Jackaby, #4) by William Ritter . Haunting the Deep (How to Hang a Witch, #2) by Adriana Mather

message 16: by Maddie (new)

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 74 comments Wow that TBR! XD

I had the same issue with picking mine haha