What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Listen!
This topic is about Listen!
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. A girl who has lost her mother and connects with a strange dog in the woods [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carissa (new)

Carissa | 1 comments I read a book in elementary school in about 5th grade. I think it may have been scholastic? I'm pretty sure the title was just one word. It was about this girl who lives in a house around a lake with woods surrounding it. She lives there with her dad. She meets the strange rumoured stray dog that lives there. It ends up befriending her slowly and even though her dad hates dogs, he slowly warms up to it by letting her build the dog a dog house. At some point she gets lost in the woods and like twists her ankle I think? And the dog helps her find her way back but the dog always like disappears. Not sure if this is helpful? The cover has greens and browns and has a golden brown furred dog with dark brown eyes looking into your soul on it. I think the title is in cursive. Sorry if this isn't descriptive enough, it was my favorite book growing up.

Jessica (The Psychotic Nerd) (goldenfurproductions) | 397 comments Could it possibly be Listen!?

message 3: by bookel (last edited May 04, 2014 05:43PM) (new)

bookel | 2108 comments Listen! by Stephanie S. Tolan sounds good and the cover matches your description.
http://www.stephanietolan.com/listen.htm

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37562 comments Mod
Carissa, was "Listen" your book?

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37562 comments Mod
Carissa has gone AWOL, but everything matches so I'm moving this to Solved.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Listen! (other topics)