Award-Nominated Fiction discussion

Edgar Awards

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cathy (last edited May 04, 2014 10:26AM) (new)

Cathy Spencer (cm_spencer) | 13 comments Mod
Mystery Writers of America sponsors the Edgar Allan Poe Awards, honoring the best in mystery fiction, non-fiction, and television, published or produced. The 2014 Edgar® Awards were presented to the winners at the 68th Gala Banquet, May 1, 2014 at the Grand Hyatt Hotel, New York City.

Awards are given in the following categories:
Best Novel
Best First Novel
Best Paperback Original
Best Fact Crime
Best Critical/Biographical
Best Short Story
Best Juvenile
Best Young Adult
Best Television Episode Teleplay
Robert L. Fish Memorial Award
Mary Higgins Clark
Grand Master
Raven Award

message 2: by E.R. (new)

E.R. Brown (er_brown) | 4 comments Speaking for someone who has lucky and honored enough to be there at the Edgars, it was an incredible experience. I was up for Best Paperback Original for my debut novel Almost Criminal.
I got to meet so many writers, and received such support and encouragement. In the days before the gala, I met a couple of super well-established writers who'd read my book and had such supportive & complimentary things. Then, on the day of the gala it turned out that they;d been part of the judging team for my category! Of course they hadn't said anything.. but they were two of the people who'd selected mine, and five others, from 400+ submissions.

I didn't win - Alex Marwood won (not Stephen King!) which I have to agree is a great choice. But my bio has "Edgar-nominated" in it, which feels pretty good.
- there's a blog post about the Edgars at www.erbrown.com