What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > sci-fi novel involving giant trees, a giant stone rabbit, trees that get people high

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zac (new)

Zac Burt | 2 comments oh, i am very unsure about any of the details. it's a novel that seemed like it was from the 60's or 70's. the protaganist got inside trees and either got high or had some sort of experience and gained knowledge from the trees. there was also a giant stone rabbit or something that he rode or was a weapon. a large portion of the book the protagonist and others climb a giant tree with different climates on the way up and stuff... i'll add comments if i think of any more details

message 2: by Zac (new)

Zac Burt | 2 comments i believe the people lived in a cliff side and there was maybe a slight love interest type subplot between the protagonist and a female

message 3: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2231 comments Zac, do you recall if it was a YA book or aimed at adults? Do you remember anything about why they were climbing the tree (escape, research, exploration)? Was the protag male or female? Do you remember anything about the other characters - male, female, alien? friends, colleagues, enemies?

The first one that comes to mind, with the sort of drug-trip and the giant trees, is Norman Spinrad's Child of Fortune.

message 4: by Daphne (new)

Daphne | 247 comments If instead of a rabbit, it's a dolphin, it could be Brian W. Aldiss's Hothouse.

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 36916 comments Mod
Zac, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Hothouse (other topics)
Child of Fortune (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Brian W. Aldiss (other topics)