Worm (Parahumans, #1) Worm discussion

*SPOILERS* Super spoilery discussion about the epilogue *SPOILERS* *YOU'VE BEEN WARNED*

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Derek Worm would have been better if Taylor had stayed dead.

There, I said it.

Crenando It's implied that she didn't die, but Contessa used her absurd probability hackz skillz to disable Taylor's power: “Because I think you have a chance to come back from this. Not much of a chance. Part of that rides on me. I could help you, or I could stop you from troubling anyone ever again. Part of that? It’s up to you to win the fight, to take control and keep the administrator from claiming everything you have, leaving you a shell.”

Or she did, and everything after was just a coma dream? That theory is a result of Wildbow's trolling.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree. I really didn't like the ending. Not only does Taylor level up into a God Mode Mary-Sue to single-handedly save the world (again), she gets magically returned to normal and gets her dad back. I thought at first that her epilogue was a hallucination while she was dying, and was disappointed that it wasn't. It just seemed too easy.

Phillip Murrell Lissa wrote: "I agree. I really didn't like the ending. Not only does Taylor level up into a God Mode Mary-Sue to single-handedly save the world (again), she gets magically returned to normal and gets her dad ba..."

Everything about that story was too easy for Taylor.

message 5: by Lev (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lev Heller Yeah, I'm gonna quickly nip this misunderstanding in the bud. Wildbow has pretty strongly hinted that Taylor is in a coma, her dad is dead, and the epilogue from her perspective is a coma dream. Tattletale's comment about "continuing to take care of Taylor" can really only be explained that way.