YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Burn for Burn (Burn for Burn, #1)
This topic is about Burn for Burn
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > Burn for Burn Series by Jenny Han, and Siobhan Vivian - Reading "Burn for Burn (Burn for Burn #1)' from September 2nd 2019

Comments Showing 1-50 of 100 (100 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Abbie | 27856 comments Mod
Postcard-perfect Jar Island is the kind of place where nobody locks their doors at night, where parents can sleep easy, knowing their daughters are tucked away safe and sound in their beds.

But bad things can happen, even to good girls . . . and sometimes, the only way to make things right is to do something wrong.

Lillia used to trust boys, but not anymore. Not after what happened this summer. And she’ll do whatever it takes to protect her little sister from the same fate.

Kat is over the rumors, the insults, the cruel jokes made at her expense. It all goes back to one person--her ex-best friend. Someone needs to teach her a lesson, and, with Lillia and Mary behind her, Kat feels up to the task.

Four years ago, Mary left Jar Island because of a boy. But she’s not the same girl anymore. Now that she’s got friends who have her back, he's going to be in big trouble.

Three very different girls who come together to make things right. Will they go too far?

Sapir and i will be reading this on may the 25th. Everyone is welcome to join! :)

clare hash (clarehash) I'll keep this topic in mind, because I really want to read this book with you, however I'm not sure I'll have time with my exams coming but I'll try to be there for this buddy read!

message 3: by Sapir (last edited May 04, 2014 09:41AM) (new) - added it

Sapir | 329 comments Yay I'm excited!!! It's going be a great way to celebrate the end of my finals :))
It's okay Clare!! I hope you join us anyway!

Marga  (margaraawr) | 1587 comments I'll join this one. I'm free to read yay

message 5: by Sapir (new) - added it

Sapir | 329 comments That's great!!!!

clare hash (clarehash) I begin this book this afternoon bc I'll be busy during the week! so, yeah, I'm 35% throught it and it's great so far.

from chapter 1 to chapter 13:
(view spoiler)

Marga  (margaraawr) | 1587 comments Starting this now. ^^

message 8: by Sapir (new) - added it

Sapir | 329 comments I'm going to start later today :)

I'll be starting later too. :)

Marga  (margaraawr) | 1587 comments Lol that was just the prologue. How will I remember all these names?? ;)

clare hash (clarehash) I thought the same but in fact you get used to it! (well I did) I'm 65% throught it will updated my thoughts soon!

clare hash (clarehash) chapter 13 to chapter 25
(view spoiler)

Marga  (margaraawr) | 1587 comments Chapter 1-8 - (view spoiler)

Starting now. :)

Chapter 3 - (view spoiler)

Margarita wrote: "Chapter 1-8 - "

(view spoiler)

Marga  (margaraawr) | 1587 comments Chapter 13 - (view spoiler)

Marga  (margaraawr) | 1587 comments clare wrote: "I begin this book this afternoon bc I'll be busy during the week! so, yeah, I'm 35% throught it and it's great so far.

I haven't read the synopsis so I didn't know w..."

(view spoiler)

Marga  (margaraawr) | 1587 comments Chapter 16 - (view spoiler)

Marga  (margaraawr) | 1587 comments Chapter 17 -(view spoiler)

Marga  (margaraawr) | 1587 comments Chapter 17 -(view spoiler)

Marga  (margaraawr) | 1587 comments Chapter 26 - (view spoiler)

Got distracted! Going to read a bit more now. :)

Chapter 13 - (view spoiler)

Marga  (margaraawr) | 1587 comments Chapter 30 - (view spoiler)

Margarita wrote: "Chapter 17 -[spoilers removed]"

Haha, they are pretty lame.

Marga  (margaraawr) | 1587 comments Finished! - (view spoiler)

clare hash (clarehash) Margarita wrote: "clare wrote: "I begin this book this afternoon bc I'll be busy during the week! so, yeah, I'm 35% throught it and it's great so far.

I haven't read the synopsis so I..."

(view spoiler)

chapter 32
(view spoiler)

Chapter 28 - (view spoiler)

Margarita wrote: "Chapter 26 - [spoilers removed]"

Yep, i hate her.

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 83335 comments Mod
Margarita wrote: "Finished! - [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Abbie wrote: "Chapter 28 - [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Marga  (margaraawr) | 1587 comments https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
Already written a review of this one :))

Marga  (margaraawr) | 1587 comments Abbie wrote: "Chapter 28 - [spoilers removed]"
(view spoiler)

clare hash (clarehash) finished
(view spoiler)

message 36: by Abbie (last edited May 25, 2014 08:48AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

clare wrote: "finished
[spoilers removed]"

The ending is so weird! Was not needed at all.

Marga  (margaraawr) | 1587 comments I think (view spoiler)

clare hash (clarehash) Abbie wrote: "The ending is so weird! Was not needed at all."
not at all yeah....

(view spoiler)

(view spoiler)

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Date Changed. Restarting July 13th 2015. Happy Reading ☺

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Connie (sunstormsandthunderclouds) | 3767 comments I'll start this later ^.^

message 42: by Danielle ♥ (last edited Jul 13, 2015 11:23AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Danielle ♥ (daniellewaltz) | 2219 comments Chapter 14 (view spoiler)

Danielle ♥ (daniellewaltz) | 2219 comments Chapter 17 (view spoiler)

Connie (sunstormsandthunderclouds) | 3767 comments I'm getting a very John Tucker Must Die kind of vibe so far!!

Danielle ♥ (daniellewaltz) | 2219 comments Connie wrote: "I'm getting a very John Tucker Must Die kind of vibe so far!!"

Haha that is exactly what I wrote in one of my status updates and just told a friend!!!!

Connie (sunstormsandthunderclouds) | 3767 comments Danielle wrote: "Connie wrote: "I'm getting a very John Tucker Must Die kind of vibe so far!!"

Haha that is exactly what I wrote in one of my status updates and just told a friend!!!!"

I love that film so I'm really enjoying this book so far!! Hopefully get finished tonight!

Danielle ♥ (daniellewaltz) | 2219 comments Chapter 21 (view spoiler)

Connie (sunstormsandthunderclouds) | 3767 comments So we have Revenge number 1? (view spoiler)

Connie (sunstormsandthunderclouds) | 3767 comments Just finished.

(view spoiler)

Danielle ♥ (daniellewaltz) | 2219 comments Finished Chapter 31 (view spoiler)

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.