Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > ISBN 0-936369-37-X

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Linda (new)

Linda | 1 comments ISBN 093636937X belongs to Chuck McGowen's "In Six Days" (new and revised edition). That ISBN appears on back of book, on the copyright page, in the Amazon listing, and in the World Catalog. It is currently assigned to another book on Goodreads, Gloria Clover's "Penned from the Heart: Vol 6".

Both books are published by Son-Rise Publications. "Penned from the Heart" at Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Penned-Heart-6-...) has ISBN 0936369582

message 2: by Andrew (last edited May 04, 2014 05:03AM) (new)

Andrew (andrew619) | 97 comments I fixed it.

message 3: by Empress (last edited May 05, 2014 01:06PM) (new)

Empress (the_empress) Bump for supers attention. Isbn change.

message 4: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments why is this bumped?

message 5: by Empress (new)

Empress (the_empress) Z-squared wrote: "why is this bumped?"

I thought ISBN is not to be moved to other editions. Half the results I am getting for it are the Penned from the heart title.

message 6: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments hrm. i thought it was OK to move ISBNs if it was clearly in error and backed up by copyright page, worldcat, etc. perhaps i'm wrong...?

message 7: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (last edited May 05, 2014 03:43PM) (new)

rivka | 42494 comments Mod
The appropriate thing to do if you believe a librarian edit was done against policy is to flag it (or them), not to bump a thread.

In this particular case, it looks like the original ISBN data came from isbndb, which was not a terribly reliable source. The changes are therefore probably fine.