What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Shadowplay
This topic is about Shadowplay
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Fiction, quirky time travel book, British, green cover [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sarah Fraser | 43 comments I read this book between 1997 and 2002 and I am quite sure it was new then. I think it might be quite rare/ not widely read! I think it won an award or a nomination, maybe from the Guardian newspaper for first book/ maybe internet novel? I remember I chose it from a shortlist in the paper so it was either promoting new writers or it was nominated for a prize. It had a bright green cover with the title in black and white, with not much else on it, the author might have been Ian S.... But I'm not certain about that at all.

It was a quirky book about time travel, there were two men I think...at one point they do go back to where/when Hitler is, I think he's on the toilet when they arrive so they surprise him. I think it's part comedy in farce kind of way.

I really can't remember the name, please help! I have attempted internet searches with the above information but I think the book is too obscure and not widely known enough to bring anything up. Thank you for your help!

message 2: by Ayshe (last edited May 04, 2014 10:07AM) (new) - added it

Ayshe | 4228 comments Shadowplay? I haven't read it, but seems to match.

Sarah Fraser | 43 comments AMAZING! That's totally it, thank you! How in earth did you find it? Thank you again

message 4: by Ayshe (new) - added it

Ayshe | 4228 comments glad to be of help :)
www.worldcat.org - advanced search for 'time travel' and the rest of the details you provided (years, author)

Sarah Fraser | 43 comments Thank you, il try that myself in future!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Shadowplay (other topics)