FINDING AUDREY READ-ALONG discussion

Attachments > Chapters 31-60 (Up to page 217)

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Booksplosion (new)

Booksplosion | 15 comments Mod
We're in the middle of the book! HUZZAH. What are you thinking about this book so far? Are you enjoying it? What's been your favorite scene so far?

message 2: by Alison (new)

Alison Rolof | 6 comments I'm LOVING it. Is it possible to not be completely infatuated at this point? My favorite scenes all have to do with Beth stalking "Her Cute Guy". Like skipping Fight Club to watch a Pokemon movie several rows behind him and attempting to follow him home. He reads her email, and she stalks him almost professionally. They're a pretty great match.

E.J. (hauntedburgerplant) (hauntedburgerplant) I loved when Lincoln finally realized he was the cute guy Beth kept talking about! I was so giddy!!

I'm really loving this. I can't stop reading. And I agree with Alison -- they're a pretty good match considering the stalking. XD

message 4: by Bookworm (new)

Bookworm | 31 comments This book gets better with every chapter. I loved reading about Beth stalking Her Cute Guy, about Jennifer dealing with her pregnancy issues, about Lincoln being to scared to talk to Beth, etc. It's so interesting and funny to read about these characters! Can't wait to continue the story, but I don't want it to end to quickly either!

message 5: by Marjolaine (new)

Marjolaine (lanes_bookshelf) | 2 comments I love this book so much! It's so sweet and cute and fresh and funny! It's a very easy and quick read. It's so good, sometimes I can't even contain myself from smiling and laughing like an idiot. I really like the parts where Beth and Jennifer are exchanging emails, there so funny and I'm starting to feel attached to Lincoln, and to like his character more than I did in the first part of the book. I can't wait to see how things will go. Wether Beth and Lincoln get to know each other or not, I just hope it's going to end nicely for both of them, and for Jennifer and her pregnancy too !

message 6: by Bailey (new)

Bailey | 9 comments This book just keeps getting better. I love that Lincoln turned out to be the cute guy Beth was talking about! It's hard to pick a favorite part, but I have really enjoyed the email chapters. I especially like the parts where Beth admits to stalking Lincoln, and when Jennifer is discussing her pregnancy. I couldn't agree more with Alison and Jeannette, Beth and Lincoln seem to be the perfect, slightly stalkerish pair. So far, this book has been a quick and enjoyable read. I have found myself laughing out loud multiple times. I can't wait to see where the story will go from here!

message 7: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethres) | 3 comments The book's just unbelievably good at this point. I often laughed, was pretty sad for Lincoln at times, happy for Jennifer and Mitch and excited about Beth sort of stalking her "Cute Guy". Oh, and Doris, I love Doris, and how she called Lincoln's mother (that conversation was hilarious, don't say it wasn't), how they eat dinners together. Super cute, this part.
I hope Lincoln and Beth can find a solution to their relationship (or lack of it), though I have a feeling that the ending of this story is not exactly a happy one. Well, we'll see!

message 8: by 야일 (new)

야일 (tfbl) | 7 comments Hahah. Lincoln's reaction when he found out who Beth's cute guy really was. Epic.

message 9: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen Aton (bookishkath) | 3 comments Her Cute Guy! Oh my lord, that was adorable. By this point of the book, my whole view on it was spun around. I love Lincoln and how Beth brings out the best in him even if they've never truly met. It was just so adorable. And Doris was just hilarious. And there's so many humorous parts in this book where I literally sat in my room reading with my mouth open or laughing like I couldn't breathe.

message 10: by Elena (new)

Elena Boteva (lenahbkp) | 4 comments as several people have already mentioned, the story just keeps getting better and better. I was kind of sad at one point when it seemed like the cute guy was someone else (even though I still thought it was going to be Lincoln) and then when it turned out it is him it was such a relief and giddy happiness. I mean, several people said it already, but it's just so cute how they both kind of stalk each other. I really liked the whole movie theater experience and Beth's description of being behind him... I just can't wait to see where the story would go next :-)
oh, and Happy New Year ;-)

message 11: by Laura (new)

Laura I do love the emails with the two ladies, but I also really like that we get Lincoln interacting with his family and friends. Like when he goes to concerts with Justin. I like the scene where he confided in Christine about reading the emails.

I do have to say, I'm worried that something's going to go wrong with the pregnancy and Jennifer will realize then how attached she is to her future child. I'm hoping that everything works out well, and she looks forward to motherhood as much as Mitch looks forward to being a dad.

message 12: by Kassey (new)

Kassey (kclynne) | 18 comments I love that Lincoln is getting out there and hanging out with other people. I spent a long time smiling when I found out he was the cute guy, and OMG when he saw Beth! I was so sad when he thought he wasn't her but when we realized she was I was so damn happyy!
I really want them to get together, Idk how that would work but I want them too.
It was sad to find out Sam cheated on him, what a bitch, no wonder he's so broken he made life decisions around her.

message 13: by chloe (new)

chloe This book is wonderful! I love when Lincoln found out that he was The Cute Guy. And it's really nice to see Jennifer slowly open to motherhood! I think Mitch sounds adorable, haha. And it's nice to see Lincoln go out and meet some new people! As always I find the emails pretty funny at times. I can't wait to see what happens next :)

message 14: by Syeda (new)

Syeda Umar This book just keeps getting better and better for me. I felt so giddy when Lincoln figured out the Cute Guy Beth was talking about was him. I keep smiling like a lunatic as I read. I'm happy I've made it this far in the story; I'm looking forward to reading even farther.

message 15: by Cam (new)

Cam | 4 comments I LOVE THIS BOOK. SERIOUSLY. I went into this thinking, meh, Im not going to like this much, but I FANGIRL SO MUCH. Never has a book made me so giddy. I have read thorugh most of it in one day. This is perfect. Probably one of my favorites of 2014.

message 16: by Mari (new)

Mari (mari_ana_) | 12 comments Now i really got into it its so wonderful! Lincoln is just the sweetest guy in the universe im really looking forward to the rest!

message 17: by Rita (new)

Rita (bookishr) | 4 comments There is something obviously wrong with me. I don't think I have never been so NOT investe in a book this month... I just can't like them! I feel so frustrated!!!!!! JUST GO FUCKING TALK TO HER FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!! It makes me cringe every chapter and I'm losing interest!

I'm so sorry to the ones who like this book, in comparison to Fangirl and Eleanor & Park this book isn't good at all... Maybe it's just me... I'll try to push until the very last page, let's see how I feel about it...

message 18: by Ally (new)

Ally Bryan (allysbookshoparoundthecorner) | 7 comments I'm not in love with this book, but I really really like it! Beth and Jennifer's emails are still my favorite parts. They are hilarious and each email makes it more and more obvious that Beth and Lincoln are perfect for each other.

I think if I had read this before Fangirl I would like it even more. Fangirl raised my expectations a little too high!

message 19: by Christina (new)

Christina (adventuresinpolishland) | 17 comments I'm still loving this book! Lincoln is such a great character. I really feel for him, especially now that he's seen Beth but know he can't / shouldn't talk to her. She has a boyfriend! Ugh! Why does she have to stick with Chris when it's so obvious she wants to be with Lincoln..... oh, Beth, this is all your fault!

message 20: by Ashley (last edited May 16, 2014 04:52PM) (new)

Ashley (whodowninwhoville) | 6 comments I'm really glad that the plot hasn't done that annoying, stagnating-so-we-can-build-up-to-a-dramatic-twist thing that so many books do.

Through his revelations about Sam and the decisions he's make to better his life, Lincoln has done a lot of developing in these chapters. He has a much richer back story than I'd anticipated, which helps me understand why he's so conflicted about how to handle the Beth situation. And his friends seem pretty great - he has a very decent support system there.
I also really enjoy Jennifer's continued ambivalence about her pregnancy. Her email exchanges with Beth about this topic are my favorites.

I have to say though, I am very much aware of the "dragging their heels," aspect of the plot. It's just molasses at this point.
Maybe it's so Lincoln can keep stumbling across emails that bolster his confidence (although that ends up backfiring, since the more he reads, the more compelled he feels to distance himself from Beth), and maybe it's so Beth can confront the futility of her relationship with Chris over an appropriate span of time given how long they've been together...but I feel like SO MUCH could have happened by now if Beth and Lincoln had just started cutting up in the breakroom one night, and Lincoln was all torn between breakroom girl and Beth, and over time had him discover it was Beth all along, etc. etc. UGH. Just SO READY for initial interactions of any substance right now. GIVE ME MY HAPPY ENDING, DAMMIT!

Alex (Pucksandpaperbacks) (pucksandpaperbacks) | 6 comments I'm really glad Lincoln's age was given, that was bothering me. I like that he is sensitive. When he told his break up story (which I was glad I found that out) & he cried was so sad & cute. I'm glad that Jennifer has became more comfortable about her pregnancy and I hope the sex/ labor is revealed. I love how nervous Lincoln & Beth are about having to interact with each other (if they ever do). I can't wait to read what happens! I agree that I am hoping there is a happy ending :) oh and Christine is my favorite!

message 22: by Emma (new)

Emma This is my first Rainbow Rowell book and I am loving it so far. After reading some comments that people who have read Fangirl first left, I'm glad I'm reading this book now. I don't mind that Beth and Lincoln's first official interaction is taking long. I like wondering what it's gonna be like. I love how just through the emails the characters of Beth and Jennifer have been developed. I really want to get to the end, but at the same time I don't. I don't want it to be over.

message 23: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (trixsam) | 4 comments Sam is the exact kind of person I hate. I mean here you have this perfectly awesome guy that loves you to the moon and back and you don't even bother breaking up with him because "he was supposed to know that you would never last". Pure bullcrap. Kind of ruins the image of my perfect name too.

Update: I am now completely in live with Lincoln. Seriously wish the IT guys at my new internship or any one would be the cute.
And I was thinking about the whole reading-my-email thing.....am I the only one that wouldn't be that bothered if the guy I've been eyeing confessed that? A creepy 45 divorced guy with a pedostache and a beer belly, yes, but not Lincoln.

message 24: by Ana (new)

Ana (404-equivalent) The 2nd third of the book was much better than the 1st third. Things are happening now, Lincoln goes to the gym, goes out and meets Doris, who is great!

I liked that we got to know what happened with Sam. I don't hate her, she fell in love with another guy and I can understand that. I only think she should tell him earlier, because she knew he wanted to be with her.

I have to agree with others, e-mails about Beth's Cute Guy are just the best. I loved reading them. I also loved reading e-mails about Colin Firth and I had to fangirl with them a little. It was so funny and I could completely understand them. :) Another great e-mail was about Beth's life plan that can seem a bit depressing, but I really liked the part about 'life without articles'.

And chapter 39 is just the best. ;D

What is interesting to me is that in real life both would look like stalkers of the worst kind, but here in the book it's really just cute how they follow each other in their own way.

message 25: by Gine (new)

Gine Bugge Sande | 9 comments I am enjoing this book just better and better. I love the characthers and I feel that I have no idea of what's going to happen, and i really like that. My favorite scene soo far is when Beth is talking with Jennifer about stalking "My Cute Guy" on the cinema.

The book is a easy read and I really enjoy it! I'm exited to find out what's happining next :)

message 26: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 17 comments Loving it so far! I can't wait for Beth and Lincoln to end up together!

message 27: by Mari-Ann (last edited May 22, 2014 12:08AM) (new)

Mari-Ann I have really started to love this book by this point. I wasn’t a huge fan at the beginning, because I wasn’t satisfied how the girls story was told only in dialog. I didn’t connect with them that way. But know I really enjoy reading their dialog.
I can’t wait to see when Beth and Lincoln finally start talking and how that awkward e-mail reading situation is revealed and solved.
I love Lincoln and I really want him and Beth to end up together!
And I'm going to finish this book tonight! I'm so excited!

message 28: by Lexie (new)

Lexie (thelexiewilson) Finally I'm at the part where Lincoln realizes Beth has noticed him. I literally just squealed! so cute! I'm excited for the book to start changing the pace!

message 29: by Lexie (new)

Lexie (thelexiewilson) Eve, is also slightly annoying. I know she loves Lincoln but her constant nagging feels overdone. When her name is mentioned, I physically feel annoyed like it's a real sister who won't shut up about the same thing over and over. lol