BOOKBUSTERS | BookClub discussion

SUGGESTIONS > JUNE 2014 SUGGESTIONS

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Allison (last edited May 05, 2014 05:57PM) (new)

Allison (theaallison) | 31 comments Mod
We would appreciate your suggestions on books we should read next for BookBusters !

Genre is: Paranormal

message 2: by Fawn (new)

Fawn (lunamalfoy4) | 10 comments Dark days comes out early June

message 3: by Fawn (new)

Fawn (lunamalfoy4) | 10 comments Far From You
Tess Sharpe (22)

Grace (LovingDemBooks) Z. (grayczhuang) | 151 comments Mod
The genre for June is paranormal! leave your paranormal book suggestions here!

message 5: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Waugh (sandrawaugh) Wanted: Dead or in Love by Kym Brunner

message 6: by Bailey Hett (new)

Bailey Hett The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black. I've been wanting to read it for a really long time!

message 7: by Fawn (new)

Fawn (lunamalfoy4) | 10 comments If paranormal I agree coldest girl cold town

message 8: by Fawn (new)

Fawn (lunamalfoy4) | 10 comments Don't Look Back (A Novel)
Jennifer L. Armentrout (58)

message 9: by Ellen (new)

Ellen (paperinksandwords) | 4 comments Yeah, I agree to The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black too. It would be a great read for paranormal or maybe Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor? Or if it's contemporary we could read Summer on the Short Bus by Bethany Crandell.

message 10: by Fawn (new)

Fawn (lunamalfoy4) | 10 comments Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea
April

Add
Description
You stop fearing the Devil when you're holding his hand... Nothing much exciting rolls through Violet White's sleepy, seaside town...until River West comes along. River rents the guesthouse behind ...
Features

message 11: by Allison (new)

Allison (theaallison) | 31 comments Mod
Coldest Girl In Coldtown seems to be the top contender. Are there anymore suggestions? :)

message 12: by Sam 🌸 (new)

Sam 🌸 (okthen) | 8 comments I agree with Coldest Girl In Coldtown(:

message 13: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (goldhades) | 2 comments Can it also be a paranormal romance?

message 14: by Nicole (new)

Nicole PJ (nicolepj) | 2 comments Half Bad By Sally Green, there's a huge hype for it on booktube

message 15: by Maddie (new)

Maddie (maddiekinz121) | 16 comments Mod
OH MY GOD HALFBAD
Is that fantasy though?

message 16: by Arikah (new)

Arikah Lynne miss peregrines

and im also interested in the coldest girl in coldtown

message 17: by Fawn (new)

Fawn (lunamalfoy4) | 10 comments Half bad is fantasy

message 18: by Harley (new)

Harley I agree with the coldest girl in coldtown, and also between the devil and the deep blue sea

message 19: by Amber (new)

Amber Addison (amberaddison) Don't Look Back isn't paranormal - FYI :) it's a murder mystery thriller - but very good!

If people here haven't read Obsidian by Jennifer L Armentrout I suggest it!

I also really like 'I Heart You, You Haunt Me.' By Lisa Schroeder.

Coldest girl in cold town sounds rad :)

message 20: by Fawn (new)

Fawn (lunamalfoy4) | 10 comments Opps ok

message 21: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (crystaltokyos) | 2 comments Even though it seems like everyone is pretty set on The Coldest Girl in Coldtown (which I still need to read myself, sadly!), I also wanted to suggest the first book in Rachel Caine's Morganville Vampires series. I'm currently re-reading the first book to prepare for the web series that's coming out on Geek and Sundry this summer. It really is a fun series, and the books are pretty quick reads. If anyone else is a fan, let me know! :D

message 22: by Bailey Hett (new)

Bailey Hett I would like to read Obsidian too!

message 23: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa I saw a lot of The Coldest Girl in Coldtown. I would love to read that. I have had in on my TBR shelf for a while.

message 24: by Jay (new)

Jay ah.. paranormal is always my least liked genre..

to someone above, Don't Look Back is contemporary, not paranormal.

I would love to read the Hex Hall trilogy, or at least the first book. There's Black City by Elizabeth Richards but that seems to be a paranormal/dystopian hybrid.. so not sure where it fits on the wheel!

message 25: by Bailey Hett (new)

Bailey Hett Juhina wrote: "ah.. paranormal is always my least liked genre..

to someone above, Don't Look Back is contemporary, not paranormal.

I would love to read the Hex Hall trilogy, or at least the first book. There's..."

I have read Black City and it was very good. I would mostly consider it dystopian but it does have some paranormal elements. That wouldn't be a bad choice either for next month.

message 26: by Christa (new)

Christa | 3 comments Half Bad is fantasy and is not really paranormal, in my opinion. I read it a month or two ago. I think we should read The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black too. My best friend gave it to me for Christmas and I have not gotten a chance to read it yet. It looks SO GOOD and sounds very interesting than other books like it.

message 27: by Maddie (new)

Maddie (maddiekinz121) | 16 comments Mod
We actually have a poll open on the group's home page to vote for next month's book! Results will be revealed on June 7th at the liveshow and shortly after on twitter and here!

Grace (LovingDemBooks) Z. (grayczhuang) | 151 comments Mod
Oooh these suggestions are so good! Maddie and I have compiled all the suggestions so far into a poll on our group page, so that way all of you guys can vote on our next book! Don't forget to check that out! It's on our group home page!!

message 29: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 11 comments I agree with The Coldest Girl in Coldtown

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

The unbecoming of Myra dyer

message 31: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 11 comments The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer is sooo good! I read the first and second book this month, LOVED it! I'm trying to get everyone I know to read it too and my best friend read the first one and now she hooked on it as well.

message 32: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 6 comments True story ghost books