The BookTrap discussion

Introduce yourselves

Comments Showing 1-50 of 101 (101 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Lenderi (catlen) | 62 comments Mod
We would like to hear more about you, our members, so introduce yourselves and tell us what kinds of books you like so that we can provide more of those.

Have a look at our book directory on the website first. Tell us what genre we lack.

http://thebooktrap.weebly.com/book-di...

message 2: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Sharp (margaretlynettesharp) | 2 comments Hi, I'm Margaret. I'm an Australian author. I like to read well-crafted sweet romance, books about animals, and general clean fiction.

message 3: by Catherine (new)

Margaret wrote: "Hi, I'm Margaret. I'm an Australian author. I like to read well-crafted sweet romance, books about animals, and general clean fiction."

Welcome to the Booktrap, Margaret! Nice meeting you! We have Australian authors too among us! :))))))))

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Butfield (authorsarahjanebutfield) | 3 comments Hi my name is Sarah Jane. I am a UK author who has spent nearly five years in Australia and two years in France. I am an avid reader as well as writer. I am looking forward to some great reads and networking in the Booktrap :)

message 5: by Fran (new)

Fran Macilvey (franmacilvey) | 3 comments Hello, I'm Fran Macilvey. I'm a writer and my first book, "Trapped: My Life With Cerebral Palsy" has just been published by Skyhorse Publishers! YAY! I like reading all kinds of books, except gruesome stuff or too far out fantasy. :)

message 6: by Catherine (new)

Fran wrote: "Hello, I'm Fran Macilvey. I'm a writer and my first book, "Trapped: My Life With Cerebral Palsy" has just been published by Skyhorse Publishers! YAY! I like reading all kinds of books, except grues..."

Welcome to the Booktrap, Fran! Nice meeting you! Hope we see you here again! :)))

message 7: by David (new)

David Powell | 2 comments It seems I am the first 'bloke' here. I'm David Powell and, at the moment I am on an extended stay in Adelaide SA with my wife. I am from Wales, in the UK, have spent 9 years in France (Nr Narbonne, in Languedoc Roussillon. I have one book, "the 16th Song' published (self) and I about to publish 'Sha'Di's Gift' a Y/A book based on the Navajo custom of celebrating a girl's first period. It seems to be OK but maybe the word 'period' is the last frontier in YA Books?

message 8: by Catherine (new)

David wrote: "It seems I am the first 'bloke' here. I'm David Powell and, at the moment I am on an extended stay in Adelaide SA with my wife. I am from Wales, in the UK, have spent 9 years in France (Nr Narbonne..."

Welcome to the Booktrap, David! Nice meeting you!

message 9: by Fran (new)

Fran Macilvey (franmacilvey) | 3 comments You will, Catherine, for sure! :D

message 10: by Paula (new)

Paula Shene (paulashene) | 2 comments Hi, I'm Paula Shene and I write for children, Scifi/Fantasy YA, and adult commentary short stories. I write under The Peacock Writers for children's stories for children's charities. My children's fare is under Paula Shene. My YA is written under P.C. Shene, and the adult is Paula Louise Shene.

I read everything from soupcans to psychology. I normally have two to three books going so I do not become bored. That is not to say I find what I read boring, it is because I can easily become distracted so I limit myself to two chapters usually of two fiction and one non fiction at any given time.

The only thing I read little of is horror, either fiction or based on true stories.

message 11: by Catherine (new)

Paula wrote: "Hi, I'm Paula Shene and I write for children, Scifi/Fantasy YA, and adult commentary short stories. I write under The Peacock Writers for children's stories for children's charities. My children'..."

Welcome Paula! :))))))))))))

message 12: by Paula (new)

Paula Shene (paulashene) | 2 comments Thanks for the hearty welcome!P;]

message 13: by Keith (new)

Keith | 2 comments Hi, I'm Keith Dixon, and I curate the 'Readers' Resources' page on the Booktrap website. I've written and self-published four books in a series of crime novels: Sam Dyke Investigations, plus a standalone Women's Fiction novel, Actress. Currently I'm spending time with my partner in France because I sold my house in the UK and have indeterminate intentions as to my place of residence!

message 14: by David (new)

David Powell | 2 comments Keith wrote: "Hi, I'm Keith Dixon, and I curate the 'Readers' Resources' page on the Booktrap website. I've written and self-published four books in a series of crime novels: Sam Dyke Investigations, plus a stan..."
Keith I have just read, and enjoyed, one of your Sam Dyke series, also I spent 9 happy years living near Narbonne in S.West France. I has maybe the best climate in France and wine is good and not at all expensive. It also has an amazing history and my wife and I would often go for drives on the basis of "I wonder what we'll find?" and we were rarely disappointed. And the Narbonne food markets wonderful. (And two or three very popular bars.

message 15: by Phil (new)

Phil Hipside (PhilHipside) | 1 comments Phil Hipside here! You may remember me from documentaries such as - 'How to take on a Completely SH** Agent!' and 'How NOT to Market a Book!' Well I am capitalising on that success with the release of my new book, 'Kill All Men' - a satire on… well just about everything really. If Frankie Boyle and David Thorne ever had a secret love child.. it would write books like mine. Probably. But with more success. Definitely.

message 16: by Catherine (new)

Phil wrote: "Phil Hipside here! You may remember me from documentaries such as - 'How to take on a Completely SH** Agent!' and 'How NOT to Market a Book!' Well I am capitalising on that success with the relea..."

Welcome to the Booktrap, Phil! :)))))))

message 17: by Aղցela W. (new)

Aղցela W. Hi everyone my name is Angela and I read erotica. I love reading it all dark erotica to ménage mm,mmf,fmf my favorite is ménage. I have been a member of goodreads for almost two years I have two kids 16 and almost three. I am not an author I do read a lot of different one's.

message 18: by Catherine (new)

Angela W. wrote: "Hi everyone my name is Angela and I read erotica. I love reading it all dark erotica to ménage mm,mmf,fmf my favorite is ménage. I have been a member of goodreads for almost two years I have two ki..."

Welcome to the Booktrap, Angela! We try to have books of all genres in our book directory and we will add more authors and books in time. We are still a NEW site. Thanks for joining our GROUP!

message 19: by Bev (new)

Bev (bevallen) | 1 comments My name is Bev Allen and I write sci-fic adventure stories,usually with a strong military theme,for the older end of the YA group ( the 16 to 96 bunch).
I'm currently published by Thorstruck Press.
I also write short stories which you can find on my blog here or on my web site.
I read a lot, both fiction and non-fiction. Its probably quicker to say what I don't read, which is horror and thrillers, but even then I've been known to try one and enjoy it.

message 20: by Catherine (new)

Bev wrote: "My name is Bev Allen and I write sci-fic adventure stories,usually with a strong military theme,for the older end of the YA group ( the 16 to 96 bunch).
I'm currently published by Thorstruck Press..."

Welcome to the Booktrap, Bev! We have both fiction and non-fiction books on our website. One of our writers is a military historian. You should check his blog on the Booktrap site. You will find lots of interesting facts. We post every Friday!

message 21: by Brent (last edited Jun 25, 2014 08:55AM) (new)

Brent Kelley | 1 comments Howdy, Chums!
I'm Brent Kelley. I write dark fantasy and horror. My novels Chuggie & the Desecration of Stagwater and Chuggie & the Bleeding Gateways were published by Omnium Gatherum. I'm neck deep in Chuggie's 3rd installment, Chuggie & the Prisoner Gods, at this very moment.

I live in northern Wisconsin with my wife, our 2 year old son, and two hairless dogs. My interests include painting, winemaking, cartoons, the Green Bay Packers, and sipping cocktails around the campfire.

I like to read dark fantasy, horror, sci-fi, and humor. And if you can roll all of those into one? Why, I'll read that, too! I like Frank Herbert's Dune, King's Dark Tower, Warhammer 40k stuff, and lately I've been trying to get caught up on my H.P. Lovecraft.

Nice to meet you folks!

message 22: by Catherine (new)

Brent wrote: "Howdy, Chums!
I'm Brent Kelley. I write dark fantasy and horror. My novels Chuggie & the Desecration of Stagwater and Chuggie & the Bleeding Gateways were published by Omnium Gatherum. I'm neck dee..."

Welcome to the Booktrap, Brent! Nice meeting you too! We have books in all those genres. Enjoy!

message 23: by Aղցela W. (new)

Aղցela W. hi everyone

message 24: by Catherine (new)

Angela W. wrote: "hi everyone"

Hello, Angela! Having a good day??? :))))))))

message 25: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Sharp (margaretlynettesharp) | 2 comments Catherine wrote: "Margaret wrote: "Hi, I'm Margaret. I'm an Australian author. I like to read well-crafted sweet romance, books about animals, and general clean fiction."

Welcome to the Booktrap, Margaret! Nice mee..."

I'm glad to hear that :)

message 26: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa Wester Hello all,

I'm a reader, writer, teacher, mum, etc (delete as appropriate) - happy to be here...

Find out more about me www.vanessawesterwriter.blogspot.com

All the best,
Vanessa

message 27: by Catherine (new)

Welcome to the Booktrap, Vanessa

message 28: by Christopher (new)

Votey Christopher (mad_cat) | 1 comments My name is Chris and I am an author. I have 2 books on Amazon with many more on the way. I am also disabled, suffering from PCS, which affects how my brain works.

My website is full of useful information for writers.
http://writing.chrisvotey.com

message 29: by Catherine (new)

Welcome to Booktrap, Christopher!

message 30: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Dixit (Jonathanmartindixit) | 1 comments Greetings!

My name is Jonathan Dixit. I am very new to Goodreads.
BabyWorld, my first novel, was released a month ago and is available on Amazon and in select Toronto book stores (visit my website for details my link text)

BabyWorld is a crime mystery, soft Sci-Fi novel that deals with the dysfunction occurring in families suffering from suppressed trauma. I am looking for people to read my book and post reviews. If provided with your details, I will send you a gift copy. I am also interested in "author-read-and-HONEST-review swaps".

As an excited newbie to this group, I feel that I should give a lot before I get a little; so I hope to help by contributing reviews for others before the favour is returned.

Thanks,

Jonathan

BabyWorld

message 31: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Dafoe (jessicaashleydafoe) | 1 comments Hello all!

I am a Goodreads author who has recently published a novel titled The Tantalizing Tale of a Bitter Sweetheart. It is of the humorous, chick-lit genre and is set in Toronto, Paris and New York with a focus on the fashion industry.

Reviews have been favourable for the novel thus far, but I am always looking to get more feedback and opinions about my writing and my novel's subject matter.

Follow the link below to discover more about the book:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-t...

Thank you!
Jessica Ashley Dafoe

message 32: by Catherine (new)

Jonathan wrote: "Greetings!

My name is Jonathan Dixit. I am very new to Goodreads.
BabyWorld, my first novel, was released a month ago and is available on Amazon and in select Toronto book stores (visit my websit..."

Welcome to Booktrap, Jonathan!

message 33: by Catherine (new)

Jessica wrote: "Hello all!

I am a Goodreads author who has recently published a novel titled The Tantalizing Tale of a Bitter Sweetheart. It is of the humorous, chick-lit genre and is set in Toronto, Paris and Ne..."

Welcome! Nice to meet you, Jessica!

message 34: by Michael (new)

Michael Kroft Hi all!

I loosely call myself an author and have written one novel titled On Herring Cove Road (not a memoir,) and I`ll be finishing another in a couple of weeks. I think when I finish the fourth, I`ll be more comfortable with the label of author. I write character driven novels and do not plan to stick to one specific genre. Without sticking to any genre,I read a lot, but much less now that I have started writing novels.

message 35: by Catherine (new)

Michael wrote: "Hi all!

I loosely call myself an author and have written one novel titled On Herring Cove Road (not a memoir,) and I`ll be finishing another in a couple of weeks. I think when I finish the fourth,..."

Welcome to the Booktrap, Michael!

message 36: by Lee (new)

Lee DeBourg (leedebourg) Thank you for the invitation, Catherine!
Spare time is when I dabble at writing. There are two novels alive in the e-verse with my name attached.
The debut, Concurrent Relationships, is a tale of fractured relationships, with a HEA. Amantes sunt amentes...Lovers are Lunatics.
The second is a New Adult Romance centered at a dysfunctional ski resort, Young, Only Once.
This listing makes me a writer of Relationship/ Romance, from the Male POV.
Reviews have been sparse, but the composite average for both books is 4.00 stars. Some love, some hate, so I have drawn no conclusions.
I look forward to what Booktrap can present!

message 37: by Catherine (new)

Lee wrote: "Thank you for the invitation, Catherine!
Spare time is when I dabble at writing. There are two novels alive in the e-verse with my name attached.
The debut, Concurrent Relationships, is a tale of f..."

Welcome to the Booktrap group, Lee! Have a look at our Bookshelf and see the books we display.

message 38: by Sara (new)

Sara Schoen (saraschoen) | 1 comments I'm Sara, I am a young author (just turned 20) and published with Limitless this year, and have published 4 books. I'm still in college studying biology, and working with the publishing company to put out more books. I love mystery thrillers and horror novels, but I don't like gore, never got into gore.

message 39: by Catherine (new)

Sara wrote: "I'm Sara, I am a young author (just turned 20) and published with Limitless this year, and have published 4 books. I'm still in college studying biology, and working with the publishing company to ..."

Welcome Sara! Good Luck with your books and studies! :D

message 40: by Catherine (new)

Dutch wrote: "Hey... I'm a published author of three novels. All Contemporary Romance. Next novel, Rose, due out in Feb 2015. Thanks! Dutch~"

Welcome to Booktrap

message 41: by Cat (new)

Cat Nicolaou | 16 comments Mod
Hello! My name's Cat Nicolaou and I am one of the new members of Booktrap. My debut just came out. A romance novella titled "When Time Comes".

message 42: by Andy (new)

Andy (andymcmillin) | 2 comments Greetings, I am a friend of Cattherine's. I am going to be publishing my first novel (a history book) in June. I also have on the works two historical fiction novels, and a memoires about growing up showing horses that I am writing for my girls. As of Sept 2015 I will be living in the UK and pursuing my dream of obtaining a MA and a PhD in medieval studies and possibly English Local History. ~ Andy

message 43: by Catherine (new)

Welcome to Booktrap Cat and Andy :D

message 44: by Andy (new)

Andy (andymcmillin) | 2 comments :P See I found ya all

message 45: by Catherine (new)

Andy wrote: ":P See I found ya all"

We are glad you are here, Andy! Enjoy our books!

message 46: by Lela (new)

Lela Markham (lelamarkham) | 2 comments Hi, I'm Lela. I've been a Booktrap member for six months or so, but must have been napping when I was told about this group. I published The Willow Branch (Book 1 of the Daermad Cycle), an epic fantasy, in October and will be publishing Life As We Knew It (Book 1 of the Transformation Project), an apocalyptic dystopian, in April.

message 47: by Catherine (new)

Lela wrote: "Hi, I'm Lela. I've been a Booktrap member for six months or so, but must have been napping when I was told about this group. I published The Willow Branch (Book 1 of the Daermad Cycle), an epic fan..."

Nice to see you here, Lela!

message 48: by Adrian (new)

Adrian G Hilder (adrianghilder) | 1 comments Hi, Adrian here.
I'm still busy writing my first novel (fantasy fiction) which has a first draft for over 85% of the estimated length now. Earlier chapters are in varying states of review and redrafting. No idea how the market will react to it but I've had half a dozen people read the first two chapters (which I'll share with anyone interested) and a volunteer proof reader who has given me feedback on the first 8. I'm told not to stop (not that I could now) so hopefully I'm doing something right.

More than half of my reading is fantasy / sci-fi but if it's a well structured story with characters I find interesting and an intriguing dramatic concept I'll go for it almost regardless of genre.

message 49: by Catherine (new)

Adrian wrote: "Hi, Adrian here.
I'm still busy writing my first novel (fantasy fiction) which has a first draft for over 85% of the estimated length now. Earlier chapters are in varying states of review and redr..."

Glad to have you with us, Adrian, and they are right. Don't stop trying when it comes to writing. :)

message 50: by Faye (new)

Faye Kename | 13 comments I am not a carrot.

« previous 1 3