Book Sanctuary discussion

★ Series ★ > Twilight Saga

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cheyenne (new)

Cheyenne Love it or hate it most people have an opinion about it. I actually haven't read it yet. And I've owned all the books for a really long time. Ouch. I'm a little worried since I love the movies so much that I won't be able to get into the book.

What about ya'll? The graphic novels? Bree's book?

message 2: by Bianca (new)

Bianca (biancamaartje) Actually seen movie 1 first, loved it and started reading the books. Now I like the books a lot more than the movie. I'm not really happy about how some of the characters were shown in the movies. All and all I would certainly recommend you read them!

message 3: by Airi, Admin (new)

Airi Chan (airichan90) | 900 comments Mod
I just got the set recently at a used book store. I read the first book but haven't read the others. About the movie . . . I didn't like the sparkly vampire part

message 4: by Cheyenne (new)

Cheyenne @Bianca: That's how it is for me. I saw the movie first and then I got the books even though I still haven't read them.

@Airi: I saw you got them in your book haul. Did you like the book?

message 5: by Airi, Admin (new)

Haven't touch them . . . yet. I been watching pride and prejudice.

message 6: by Cheyenne (new)

Cheyenne You said your read the first one though right?

message 7: by Airi, Admin (new)

Yes but a long time ago

message 8: by Cheyenne (last edited May 20, 2014 06:25PM) (new)

Cheyenne Oh, well how fast do you read? Maybe we could buddy-read it. I tend to take awhile because I like to soak in the words and RL refuses to take a vacation. I'm also pretty booked for the next couple of months.

message 9: by Cheyenne (new)

Cheyenne I have all the movies, even have Bella's Wedding edition for BD1, and all the books except for Bree's. I haven't been able to decide of I wanted it or not.

message 10: by Cheyenne (new)

Cheyenne I can get for 4 on Amazon but I figured that I would wait till I got tot that point in the series to decide if I wanted to get it or not. Was it worth getting?

message 11: by Cheyenne (new)

Cheyenne Really? What was your least favorite?

message 12: by Airi, Admin (new)

It takes me min. 11 hour for a 300 page books. I tend to read slow tho >.<

message 13: by Bianca (new)

Bianca (biancamaartje) Wauw! 11 hours for 300 pages. That sounds like fast to me. I have to say I've never measured my reading speed. I read Harry Potter 7 in 15 hours though but that was nonstop, OMG-what-will-happen-next-mode... Not a state I recommend reading books in.. Haha.

message 14: by Airi, Admin (new)

I found out yeserday XD I time myself for 1 full page and multiply it by how many page there are XD

message 15: by Bianca (new)

Bianca (biancamaartje) That sounds about right. There is a test online where you can test your speed. Let me see if I can find it again.

message 16: by Airi, Admin (new)

lol.

message 17: by Bianca (new)

Bianca (biancamaartje) Ha no it was on Facebook, can't find it anymore. Problem with me is that I get distracted really easily. It sometimes takes me 4 times do just finish a sentence.

message 18: by Airi, Admin (new)

There is a easy way to do it. Just set a timer before you start a page and stop it when you get done.

message 19: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte (caelestial) I hated Twilight, and I guess I'm not really alone in that. It was just the way Bella was so weak and dependent on others that I seriously hated. I bought the entire set of books because I was determined to love the books. Nope. Not a good idea. I haven't even touched the last book.

message 20: by Cheyenne (new)

Cheyenne I'm not sure I could not finish a series if I have the last book in it. But you did say you hated it and that's a bit more then simple dislike.

My brother hates Twilight, not that he ever really gave it a chance, and says that he would burn my book if I let him. When Eclipse had just come out though, he used a free movie thing he had on the PlayStation store and bought it on his ps3 for me and he watched it with me. He was constantly pausing the movie and asking me questions because he hadn't seen the first two and insulted people all throughout it. It was pretty funny and fun actually.