FRANK PERETTI discussion

Favorite Peretti Books

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Robert (new)

Robert Roush | 2 comments It is probably clear from the style I chose for my first book, but my favorite books by Frank Peretti are This Present Darkness and Piercing The Darkness.

Now it's your turn. What are your favorite Peretti books?

message 2: by Annamarie (new)

Annamarie (planewxgirl) Are you thinking of activating this group? I hope so. I have enjoyed his books and gotten scared! lol. But such excellent stories.

message 3: by Robert (new)

Robert Roush | 2 comments I think the group never got going. It's been stagnant since before I joined. Too bad. I agree I'd love to see an active group about Peretti. If, you liked This Present Darkness, you might want to check out my book In The Image of Man. It's the same style. Book two will be out early next year.

message 4: by Annamarie (new)

Annamarie (planewxgirl) I did! And I will add it to my list of TBR! Thank you!

I hope there will be more interest. I will keep checking back to see if anyone gets going again here!

message 5: by Beth (new)

Beth Green (thegreenauthor) | 3 comments A Rose For Jonathan
Quiver

Hello everyone!

My name is Beth Green and I am a pediatric physical therapist and an author. I joined this group because my books are very similar to Frank Peretti's in theme (spiritual warfare). I wrote my first Christian novel, A Rose For Jonathan, and it was so successful (winning several awards) that I was asked to continue the story.

Quiver is my new book and it continues the journey but this time with Jonathan. My books are full of a variety of characters and I hope that I not only give you a full fledged adventure, but also a love story mixed with some humor as well.

So what is this series about? Well, A Rose For Jonathan (AR4J) is about a young preacher who is battling with visions of light and darkness surrounding people he loves. He eventually starts seeing more into the spiritual world and then uncovers secrets to his past that lead him to bring a town to it's knees.

In the sequel, the demons and angels ramp up their efforts to control young Jonathan, the last character you meet in AR4J. He has inherited a spiritual gift as well...this time more dangerous.

I don't want to give any more away but please check them out and let me know what you think! They are both always free on Kindle Unlimited and available through Amazon.

message 6: by Beth (new)

Beth Green (thegreenauthor) | 3 comments Annamarie wrote: "Are you thinking of activating this group? I hope so. I have enjoyed his books and gotten scared! lol. But such excellent stories."

A Rose For Jonathan
Quiver

I love him too. I actually wrote the two spiritual warfare books above that are in a series (they won multiple awards) because I love this so much. Hope people start commenting!

I think I've read most everything that he's written except for the YA stuff (probably should read that too--I'm sure it's good!)

message 7: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Martin (animekitten) My favorite books are the same - This Present Darkness and Piercing the Darkness ^^
But those are the only ones I've read, so...
I might have a future favorite in store!!!!