THE Group for Authors! discussion

Coldhearted
This topic is about Coldhearted

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melanie (new)

Melanie Matthews (melaniematthews) | 3 comments My giveaway has yet to be approved. I set the start date as May 2nd, which has now passed. Could you please advise on how to proceed further?
Thanks!

message 2: by Mellie (new)

Mellie (mellie42) | 618 comments It can take 2-3 days for a giveaway to be approved, which is why you always set them up in advance. When did you set it up? It might not start until Monday.

message 3: by Melanie (new)

Melanie Matthews (melaniematthews) | 3 comments Sorry, I didn't know that. I set it up on May 2nd. If approved by Monday, that'll be fine; once that occurs, I'll notify my fans. That'll give them until the 16th to enter the giveaway. In the future, I'll know better and set the date further into the future and extend the giveaway time. Thanks for your help!

message 4: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Eglinski (pameglinski) | 31 comments Does anyone feel they get value from the GR give away? I've given 15 books away at a mailing/printing cost of $250 and i don't believe i've received a single review. I'm just asking for a review, that's all, especially after sending the paper book to the winner --anywhere in the English-speaking world. GR could put a little medicine on the wound by allowing us to send e-books. That is our generation, you know. Hope they turn to this soon. Thoughts?

message 5: by Anita (new)

Anita Dickason (anitadickason) | 39 comments Pam wrote: "Does anyone feel they get value from the GR give away? I've given 15 books away at a mailing/printing cost of $250 and i don't believe i've received a single review. I'm just asking for a review, t..."

I started another thread on this topic expressing some of the same concerns about the reviews. I only gave away 3 books, so my total expense in the cost of the book and shipping was not as high as yours. I think what I found disconcerting was not to even receive a thank you or acknowledgement from the individuals who won my book. I finally sent them emails checking to make sure they received the book. Even then only two out of the three even responded they had received the book and one of them only said yes. Don't think I will do it again.

message 6: by Mike (new)

Mike Robbins (mikerobbins) | 62 comments I keep hearing this sort of thing about the Giveaways programme and I've commented on it on other threads. Maybe Goodreads do need to say a bit more explicitly that although winners aren't obliged to post reviews, that is what the programme is for; and if they don't do it, authors and publishers won't post their books there any more.

message 7: by Melanie (new)

Melanie Matthews (melaniematthews) | 3 comments To those concerned, what is your social media campaign? Do you routinely ask your fans on Facebook, Twitter, and elsewhere to give their reviews? I've recently mailed off a book to an interested blogger and included a large piece of paper inside, thanking her for her interest, and asking her to please review the book on Amazon and Goodreads. All I do is ask and hope. I can do nothing more.