We Love Young Adult Fiction discussion

Recommendations > Young Adult ficition

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eaman (new)

Eaman What book would you recommend to read?

message 2: by Aphromisna (new)

Aphromisna (bopbear1324) | 80 comments There's so many, but I'm not really that up to date on most of the YA Fiction. Plus you've probably already read all the ones I can think of.

message 3: by Marli (new)

Marli | 18 comments There are a looooot of books I can recommend you guys, I already read all of the books that are on this page and those are definitely some of the best! For series I can recommend The Maze Runner (okay just finished the whole series one hour ago... hehe), Gone, Percy Jackson, and a whole lot more (for example, the Hunger Games and so on...) When other good books/series pop up in my mind I will leave you guys a message :)

message 4: by Eaman (new)

Eaman I'm actually still awaiting my delivery for my boom series for The Maze Runner! Really excited for that.

message 5: by Marli (new)

Marli | 18 comments Omg no way! That's awesome!

message 6: by Eaman (new)

Eaman boom? haha i meant book***

message 7: by Aphromisna (new)

Aphromisna (bopbear1324) | 80 comments Eaman, I recommend reading The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices. Both are really awesome even though I thought City of Bones started out slow, but they're still really good.

message 8: by Maeve (new)

Maeve (echocinderella) Yeah im almost on to reading the maze runner :)

message 9: by Megan (new)

Megan (megandurrence) | 19 comments Everyone seems to already know what I like to call the "basic YA books" so I'll be sure to list a few of the ones I deem less popular :P

Darkest Powers Trilogy is really good! Kind of on my basic YA list, but nobody has said it and it's totally worth the read :)

Something Witchy This Way Comes is a book that not many have heard about or read, but it's such a good PNR that I can't help but share it with everyone. Actually, I tend to share a lot of Veronica Blade books ;D

Angelfall is a Dystopian book about angels that have taken over the world and of Penryn just trying to survive and take care of her family. One of my favorite books right now!

White Hot Kiss is a smexy read! Roth pretty much makes the story. Jennifer L. Armentrout is another author I always recommend :)

Prince of Wolves is the first book in the Grey Wolves series. The thing with this book is it's a little rough around the edges, but if you keep with the series itself, I almost guarantee you'll fall in love with all the characters.

I look forward to seeing other recommendations from everyone and seeing feedback on any books that you love!

message 10: by Eaman (new)

Eaman THIS IS AWESOME Megan! I mean we all know about the "well known" books, but these already seem awesome! Definitely want to check the Darkest Powers Trilogy and Angelfall!

message 11: by Aphromisna (new)

Aphromisna (bopbear1324) | 80 comments I think one of my friends has read Prince of Wolves, but I'm not sure because she's read over 50 books since the school year started. Actually it's probably closer to 100 than 50.

message 12: by Eaman (new)

Eaman Hahaha, she seems obsessed with books! She should join Goodreads to keep up with her books :)

message 13: by Aphromisna (new)

Aphromisna (bopbear1324) | 80 comments I agree with Eaman, I mean like I said in another discussion I live in a small town and I've never heard of most of thee books so I'm really glad that I'm finding all these cool books to put in my Want To Read or Need To Get list.

message 14: by Aphromisna (new)

Aphromisna (bopbear1324) | 80 comments Eaman wrote: "Hahaha, she seems obsessed with books! She should join Goodreads to keep up with her books :)"

If she didn't have an over protective dad I'm sure she would.

message 15: by Eaman (new)

Eaman Agreed, i cant belive i made this account in December of last year and haven't used it until now. This is awesome to keep up to date and track of all books.

Books are wonderful

message 16: by Jess (new)

Jess The darkest powers series and angelfall are good books, you guys should definitly read them.

message 17: by Eaman (new)

Eaman My to read list is increasing...AND I LOVE IT :D

message 18: by Aphromisna (new)

Aphromisna (bopbear1324) | 80 comments I know these aren't YA books, but if you ever want to try out something different check out Beverly Lewis or Wanda E. Brunstetter and their wonderful Amish fiction books.

message 19: by Eaman (new)

Eaman Awesome Bobbi, i for sure will check those out. Always willing to try read different genres.

message 20: by Aphromisna (new)

Aphromisna (bopbear1324) | 80 comments Eaman wrote: "My to read list is increasing...AND I LOVE IT :D"

I'm about to update my list on books I need to see if they have at the bookstores. I doubt they'll all fit on one piece of paper though.

message 21: by Aphromisna (new)

Aphromisna (bopbear1324) | 80 comments Eaman wrote: "Awesome Bobbi, i for sure will check those out. Always willing to try read different genres."

I suggest starting with B.L's book the Shunning or W.B's book The Shopkeeper's Daughter.

message 22: by Eaman (new)

Eaman Bobbi_Anne wrote: "Eaman wrote: "My to read list is increasing...AND I LOVE IT :D"

I'm about to update my list on books I need to see if they have at the bookstores. I doubt they'll all fit on one piece of paper tho..."

Theres just so many! I cant wait till I am done with this year of University. This time in a couple of weeks i will have all the time in the world to read.

message 23: by Jess (new)

Jess I read the The Postcard and The Crossroad from beverly lewis and I loved them.

message 24: by Eaman (new)

Eaman The Angel Collector Is a book which probably isn't popular but awesome! Recommend this.

message 25: by Aphromisna (new)

Aphromisna (bopbear1324) | 80 comments Jess wrote: "I read the The Postcard and The Crossroad from beverly lewis and I loved them."

I have yet to find them anywhere and they are like the only ones of hers that I haven't bought yet.

message 26: by Jess (new)

Jess Tiger's Curse is one of my all time favorite books, they're really good.
Dark Visions one of my favorite L.j smith books.
Eon: Dragoneye Reborn was an amazing book.

message 27: by Aphromisna (new)

Aphromisna (bopbear1324) | 80 comments Jess wrote: "Tiger's Curse is one of my all time favorite books, they're really good.
Dark Visions one of my favorite L.j smith books.
Eon: Dragoneye Reborn was an a..."

My friend has the Tiger's Curse in MY locker believe it of not. I think this is the first book today that I've recognized.

message 28: by Megan (new)

Megan (megandurrence) | 19 comments It's really hard to find books that are not popular. If you have an ereader, it makes a HUGE difference and opens up your possibilities; and it makes things easier on the wallet ;)

message 29: by Aphromisna (new)

Aphromisna (bopbear1324) | 80 comments I thought about getting one after I got twelve books from my mom that cost 100 dollars.

message 30: by Megan (new)

Megan (megandurrence) | 19 comments Oh yeah, they are life savers! And there's always promotional offers that give you free ebooks.

message 31: by Aphromisna (last edited May 04, 2014 11:55AM) (new)

Aphromisna (bopbear1324) | 80 comments Then again the last time I had a Kindle one of my family members stole it. So I don't think it would be a good idea to get another one.

message 32: by Megan (new)

Megan (megandurrence) | 19 comments Hmmm.. maybe a cheap one that doesn't catch the eye? Or if you have a smart phone, you can get the Kindle app!

message 33: by Aphromisna (new)

Aphromisna (bopbear1324) | 80 comments Don't have a cell phone at all and around my family if you have 20 bucks at one time your rich. Money with us just goes down the drain because we're a big family.

message 34: by Megan (new)

Megan (megandurrence) | 19 comments Oh that's hard :/ I know that feeling...

message 35: by Shelby (new)

Shelby | 2 comments Megan, I love Something Witchy This Way Comes, White Hot Kiss, and Prince Of Wolves three of my favorites!

Bound, Captured, and Half-Blood are also great books to give a try.

message 36: by Megan (new)

Megan (megandurrence) | 19 comments Shelby wrote: "Megan, I love Something Witchy This Way Comes, White Hot Kiss, and Prince Of Wolves three of my favorites!

Bound, Captured, and Half-Blood are also ..."

Great taste :D

message 37: by Daniek (new)

Daniek | 6 comments I have so many books I like, but at the moment I'm totally in love with Percy Jackson (and Heroes of Olympus), probably because this is one of the last books I've read haha. If you haven't read it already, it's funny and exciting and it's just really awesome :)

message 38: by Eaman (new)

Eaman Daniek wrote: "I have so many books I like, but at the moment I'm totally in love with Percy Jackson (and Heroes of Olympus), probably because this is one of the last books I've read haha. If you haven't read it ..."

Might check Percy Jackson out ! :D

message 39: by Maeve (new)

Maeve (echocinderella) Read divergent if you haven't, but it may rip out your soul and crush you into a million peices

≈aleх: pнoenιх oғ тнe ғlaмe≈ (loveisendless) I recommend the Leven Thumps series and Pillage trilogy. Both by Obert Skye. They are awesome books. Especially Pillage :)