What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. a girl and she is in a cemetery, talking to a grave that is the body of a ghost she saw

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 4 comments A while ago I read this book and now I have no idea what's it called or anything. I remember the opening scene:
There is a girl and she is in a cemetery, talking to a grave that is the body of a ghost she saw. While she is talking to it, a boy sees her, makes a noise and the girl catches the boy watching her. He runs away back to his house. She is annoyed and gets up and goes back to her own house. Then there is a lot of detail about the screen door to the house and then some about her family.
In the story they are in a rural setting and describe mud a lot. This has been stuck in my head for weeks now and I would really appreciate any feed back and/or recommendations. Thanks!

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6972 comments Mod
Ok, other than the mud and talking to the ghost's grave--what is the book aout? Is it YA, MA or adult? Do you remember where the rural setting is--South, North, East, West, mid-West etc.

message 3: by Kirstin (new)

Kirstin | 191 comments The Hallow by Jessica Verday?

message 4: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 4 comments It's not The Hallow, I have read that book and I know that's not it but thank you.
Its a YA book and the girl sees a dead loved one of the boy with a mystery are his/hers death and she has to ask the boy about it. The setting was more south, Alabama/ Georgia/ Carolina.

message 5: by Deborah (last edited May 04, 2014 07:57AM) (new)

Deborah | 179 comments The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater The Raven Boys maybe. Is there a prophecy that she'll kill her true love if she kisses him?
She was sitting in the church yard "casting" to see who it was and sees the boy who will die, then he shows up in person. Supposedly all this takes place within a year. First of a series.

message 6: by Katherine (last edited May 04, 2014 02:04PM) (new)

Katherine | 4 comments It's not The Raven Boys, I have also read that one. The girl could see ghosts on her own and she uses jewels to talk to them. I'm sorry I wish I provide more clear information.

message 7: by Lauren (last edited May 04, 2014 07:52PM) (new)

Lauren | 5 comments This is a bit of a long shot but is it Wait Till Helen Comes

message 8: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 4 comments I think that is it! I am going to start it now and I'll post if it is or not. From the Amazon look inside part I have a strong feeling. Thanks so much for every ones help!

message 9: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37804 comments Mod
Katherine, was Wait Till Helen Comes your book?

message 10: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37804 comments Mod
No response. Moving to Abandoned.