Star Wars Bookworms Book Club discussion

May Book Discussion > Emperor's Return?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Louis (new)

Louis Christakes | 19 comments The book mentions several times about the emperor's return. Does anyone know what book or comic this is from? I have never read this. Also, is it worth going back to?

message 2: by Bruce (new)

Bruce | 137 comments I assume this reference is to the comic series, Star Wars: Dark Empire. It's worth reading since it launched the Dark Horse line of Star Wars comics, but I don't think it's a prerequisite to understanding the I, Jedi plot.

message 3: by Aaron, Jedi Master (new)

Aaron Goins (avgoins) | 213 comments Mod
The Dark Empire comics are definitely a product of their time (early 90's). The art is unique and the story bizarre, but I really enjoyed them.

message 4: by Brian (new)

Brian There are actually quite a few references to Dark Empire I and II in this book. Kam Solusar's dark past is from that series as well.

message 5: by Louis (new)

Louis Christakes | 19 comments I just picked up Dark Empire I and II on kindle for $1.99 each. Going to try to whip through them soon.

message 6: by Aaron, Jedi Master (new)

Aaron Goins (avgoins) | 213 comments Mod
Wow. Great price! I might have to pick those up myself

message 7: by Louis (new)

Louis Christakes | 19 comments I guess it must have been a May 4th special, because it now is $9.99.

message 8: by Jason (new)

Jason Duran | 37 comments I've got the print versions and the audio books. cam Kenedy's art is totally unique. They used him again in some Boba Fett comics later on, I really dug the Dark Empire stuff because some of its characters tied into the KOTOR stories.

message 9: by Chris (new)

Chris (mysticaccess) | 1 comments I remember the audio dramatization from the mid to late 90s of the dark empires series. It was done well but not as well as the original trilogy. The story is still good though.