What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Stalker Fiction Romance Turned Sour, Rotten peaches?

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Clare (new)

Clare (clarereads) | 27 comments Okay,
All I remember about the book is that this woman started dating this man (amybe from work?), and he sent her a crate of perfect peaches as a gesture, and she was touched. Then he tried to move along the relationship, and got stalker-ish. Then more peaches arrived, but they were all rotted and full of worms. When she complained to the police, they said that not all produce can be reliable, esp thru mail order.

Suggestions?

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4873 comments How many years ago did you read this?
What did the cover look like?

message 3: by Clare (new)

Clare (clarereads) | 27 comments I read it over 10 years ago. Can't remember the cover art.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37753 comments Mod
Clare, are you still looking for this?

message 5: by Clare (new)

Clare (clarereads) | 27 comments Yes! Any thoughts?

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Author male or female?

message 7: by Clare (new)

Clare (clarereads) | 27 comments Likely female - Linda Howard-type.

message 8: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33272 comments Mod
Clare, can you tell us more about the heroine and stalker - jobs, family/friends, appearances, personalities, etc.?

Is there a hero in the story?

What's the tone - mostly romantic suspense?

message 9: by Clare (new)

Clare (clarereads) | 27 comments IIRC, the woman is coming out of a bad relationship (or parental death) and meets the new guy. He charms her. Then she backs off and he starts menacing her. Changing meeting times with clients, making people believe she's unstable. When she finally goes to the police, they don't believe her either. I forget how it's resolved - which is why I want to find it again.

I would categorize this as modern romantic fiction/ suspense.

message 10: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Still looking now?

message 11: by Clare (new)

Clare (clarereads) | 27 comments Yes.. any ideas?

message 12: by SamSpayedPI (new)

SamSpayedPI | 1649 comments Why not "bump" your thread every month or two? That way you'll get fresh eyes looking at it (which it probably won't if it's languishing on page 37).