The One (The Selection, #3) The One discussion

The One - SPOILERS

Comments Showing 1-50 of 66 (66 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Krista the Bookaholic This is for those impatient ones like me who have already read the first 10 unlocked chapters (well 9 at the moment). So for those who are waiting till May 6th to start the book - BEWARE OF SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

Krista the Bookaholic What do you guys think so far?

I hate how cozy Maxon is acting with Kriss. It bothers me and I DON'T LIKE IT >:(

On the other hand, I like the person America is becoming, a much more stronger and confident. She would be a great queen. Her and Maxon together would be just amazing. Imagine all that they could do for their country :)

message 3: by Alexa (last edited May 03, 2014 03:10PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Alexa I'm going crazy because I need to read the tenth chapter like now I don't think I can survive 3 days

Krista the Bookaholic Yeah. The waiting is TORTURE. I keep refreshing unlocktheone.com every 5min and 10CH is not even 50% unlocked yet :(

Jamie Stein I keep doing math lol, last time I checked they were doing about 6% per hour,which would unlock chp 10 about 5 hrs from now.and I preordered it on kindle which usually unlocks at 3am est on the publication date so only 2 days, 6 hours to go!

message 6: by Jamie (last edited May 03, 2014 06:04PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jamie Stein So yeah, I think Lucy and Aspen totally fell in love and that's why he was sad when he talked to America and that's why Lucy didn't get the dress hemmed on time.

Shio where i can fine this 10 chapters!!!!?

Alexa I agree with u jamie ad i think lucy and aspen would be good together i keep refreshing everys second people need to keep sharing

Alexa @shio unlocktheone.com

Krista the Bookaholic Awwww, it was so cute how America realized she loved Maxon. So easy in a way, but I like how naturally it came to her. I just wish she won't hold it a secret from him for a long. And I love how the book seems to go back to book 1 where Maxon and America's friendship is concerned. That's what I missed in B2. I love their team work, I love their dialogue, I love everything about them. So far I love how little of Aspen we have to endure. Maybe the feelings will change, but I still don't like the guy. And Kriss, she just needs to GTFO. I hope America tells Maxon she loves him soon, though I doubt it, because then there's no use in continuing the selection. Those 3 words from Mer would end it all, cuz for all the fooling around Maxon really loves only her ;) This is a romance book after all :P

I still have my doubts if the king will die. It just seems to obvious for me.
I'm beginning to like Celeste, though. Never thought it would happen. But I think she and Mer will become smtg close to friends by the end.
I also think Lucy will end up with Aspen, judging from that one scene I think they're already meeting in secret :P
2 more days. HOW TO WAIT???

Jamie Stein I also think America's dad is a northern rebel, judging by how he was the only other person who America told about the diary.

Sunshine Rainbows why is the kindle edition being released on 5 JUNE????? Is it just late in the UK??

Jamie Stein I just checked my kindle, it says may 6

message 14: by Dani (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dani St. Clair I want Aspen to end up with Lucy. Obviously, Mer and Maxon. Can't wait~

Sunshine Rainbows Jamie wrote: "I just checked my kindle, it says may 6"

do you live in the UK?

Sunshine Rainbows I think America's dad might be the 'source' that the northern rebels were talking about. Only he knows about the diaries and during America's call he was all 'so in short they're posting more guards' or something.

Jamie Stein I think one of Americas maids was in on it too, but Americas dad was the source. And no, I live in the us.

Alexa I hope its not the dad though because he sounds nice and america will feel betrayed

ChicaLectora Count down! I really can't wait!

Krista the Bookaholic 1 DAY, GUYS, ONE DAYYYYYY!!!!!

message 21: by Liz (new) - rated it 5 stars

Liz can anyone please tell me where you read the first ten chapters? pleeeaaaseeeee...

Krista the Bookaholic unlocktheone.com

Clarissa This spoiler just made my anticipation grow. @.@ Can't wait!!! :)

Hebah Jihad FINALLY OUT!!!!!!!!!! EVERYTHING UNLOCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 25: by M.j. (new) - rated it 4 stars

M.j. IT RELEASES TOMMOROW!!!!!!!

Krista the Bookaholic Changed the title, since it came out today. I already finished reading it. Woke up really early, so I could get my hands on it. After such a long wait. It was all worth it :P
Soo, what did you all think? I am pretty happy with the way the triangle was resolved :) The saddest part for me though, was loosing Celeste. I had really come to like her :'(

Hayley I was actually both sad and surprised when America said Celeste died, didn't see this coming!

Krista the Bookaholic Yeah, one minute Celeste was laughing, having fun,thinking America had won and the next a rebel put a gun to her head and shot her :'(
What about Aspen & Lucy though, that got a major squeee from me :P And then all the Maxamerica scenes. Sooooo soooo happy for both couples. And Aspen giving America away at her wedding, ugh, so beautiful :')

Jamie Stein I admit Celeste dying was a real surprise and also the death of queen amberly.

message 30: by Kei (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kei Hoya I cried when Celeste died. I mean, cmon! I'm starting to like her 3

Hatsunekai Aribal I hated Celeste's death. I just started liking her too! And good for the king to die but I wish Queen Amberly had survived.

hannah GUYS HOW DID U GET THE FIRST 10 CHAPTERS OR WHATEVER
PLEASE SEND ME A LINK I AM DYING SPECIALY CUZ OF THE SPOILERS! PLEASE

Krista the Bookaholic Hanaa wrote: "GUYS HOW DID U GET THE FIRST 10 CHAPTERS OR WHATEVER
PLEASE SEND ME A LINK I AM DYING SPECIALY CUZ OF THE SPOILERS! PLEASE"

I sent you a private message ;)

hannah Krista the Bookaholic wrote: "Hanaa wrote: "GUYS HOW DID U GET THE FIRST 10 CHAPTERS OR WHATEVER
PLEASE SEND ME A LINK I AM DYING SPECIALY CUZ OF THE SPOILERS! PLEASE"
I sent you a private message ;)"

thanx but my system says the file is corrupt?

Krista the Bookaholic It can't be. Or just send me your e-mail I'll send it to you :)

Laura B I didn't like that America didn't told Maxon about Aspen on herself but the rest was mostly good

Brandie Sump Girls I screamed the loudest I could scream in my apartment last night knowing The One was available and reading to read on my kindle. Reading this book has been bliss and although I am through it all the way yet, I can't wait to finish it!

I love love love the Selection Series! I do hope she writes more about America and Maxon!

Brandie Sump Sunshine wrote: "why is the kindle edition being released on 5 JUNE????? Is it just late in the UK??"

Yes SORRY! In the US it is released today!

message 39: by Maria (new) - rated it 1 star

Maria Oh Lord
I just finished it
WOW Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg
My only problem was that the we didn't get to see what changes America makes as Queen
I mean sure it's great knowing Maxon is going to change the caste system, but I wanted to see it happen--you know?

Krista the Bookaholic That's why I hope there's a novella. I also want to get a glimpse into the future & maybe see some little Maxamerica babies :D :D

message 41: by Gigi (last edited May 06, 2014 04:48PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gigi Muñoz Krista the Bookaholic wrote: "That's why I hope there's a novella. I also want to get a glimpse into the future & maybe see some little Maxamerica babies :D :D"

Yes!! i need more (especially babies), i do not need a novel but maybe another epilogue?

message 42: by Maria (new) - rated it 1 star

Maria I felt like the epilogue should have been a novella
I wanna see some red headed babies with chocolate eyes :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Jamie Stein I agree that the epilogue should have been longer

message 44: by Natassia (new) - added it

Natassia Omg!!!! Could you please send the chapters to me!!! I'm dying here

Ilana i think that you will all be really happy now that the book is out. those 10 chapters didn't even do the story justice!

message 46: by Sian (new) - rated it 1 star

Sian Krista the Bookaholic wrote: "This is for those impatient ones like me who have already read the first 10 unlocked chapters (well 9 at the moment). So for those who are waiting till May 6th to start the book - BEWARE OF SPOILER..."

i read the third books for me its heartbreaking for aspen. he is so kind and giving i could not ask for more to a guy like him.

Krista the Bookaholic Yeah. One of the most beautiful a
scenes in the book for me was how Aspen was the one to give America away. I was close to tears there :')

Ilana I was surpsrisedat about the aspen/Mary situation but pleased with the aspen/Lucy situation that we got a hint at in the guard

hannah OMG Krista the Bookaholic thank you so much i converted the file.
The book was amazing it couldn't have been better. Though she should have made it a bit longer. anyways whats done is done... but now maybe she can write a novella and as kristi said with maxamerica babies :D
I WANTED MORE THO...... i am still in tears.....and laughing in happiness... and Maxon and Aspen are the best guys in the whole fictional world. no one can compare to them

Jamie Stein I agree I wanted it to be longer.

« previous 1