Meg Cabot Fan Club discussion

Remembrance (The Mediator, #7)
This topic is about Remembrance
The Mediator > Remembrance (The Mediator #7)

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Diana | 234 comments Mod
I'm sure everyone has heard by now and it has been going around for a couple of years now but it has been officially announced that the 7th book in The Mediator series will be out next summer!

Official synopsis from Meg's website:
In REMEMBRANCE (William Morrow), the seventh installment of the Mediator series, all Susannah Simon wants is to make a good impression at her first job since graduating from college (and becoming engaged to Dr. Jesse de Silva).

But when she stumbles across an ancient murder, old ghosts—and ex-boyfriends—aren’t all that come back to haunt her.

REMEMBRANCE will be the first ever adult installment of the Mediator, published by the adult division of HarperCollins, the company that brought you the YA books in the series.

Check out the announcement here: http://www.megcabot.com/2014/05/new-2...

Diana | 234 comments Mod
FROM MEG'S FACEBOOK PAGE:

A Special Mediator 7 Statement from Meg:

One of the best days of my life was when I turned in Remembrance, Mediator 7, in July 2014. My amazing editor Carrie Feron at HarperMorrow read and loved it so much that she decided it needed to be released completely separate from the Princess Diaries books (Royal Wedding and From the Notebooks of a Middle School Princess which have been scheduled for May/June 2015 releases), so it could get the attention/press/breathing room it deserves.

Carrie and I struggled for a long time over what would be the best month in 2015 to release Remembrance. Back to school? No, because it's for adults. Halloween? No, because while there's horror in Remembrance, there's romance too. Christmas? No, because it's definitely not holiday themed!

Then I finally suggested Valentine's Day 2016, because Remembrance is the most amazing Valentine Day's gift I can think of to give to my loyal fans, who've waited so long for this book (and also to Jesse and Suze, who've waited so long finally to have SEX)!

And I think readers who haven't had a chance yet to try this series will appreciate this Valentine too.

Carrie and my amazing publicist at Harper, Pam Jaffee, agreed this was a perfect plan (so far. As you know, things in publishing can always go wonky at any moment)!

I know it's a long time to wait (it is for me, too, believe me) but like for Jesse and Suze, I hope it will be worth it!

So thanks very much for your patience, and expect a very special Valentine the week of February 14, 2016 (and some opportunities to see some sneak peeks long before that!).

More later.

Much love,

message 3: by Vidumini (new) - added it

Vidumini Pamuditha (firstlovesuga97) | 2 comments OH MY GOD!!!I'm so excited for this #fangurling4ever

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I cant wait for this, but sad thats its going to be a standalone and not a series. would loove another mediator series. I mean there is the notebook series, so why not write a new mediator series.

Jordin (jordinstreeter) | 1 comments In preparation of the release of Remembrance, another blogger and I are co-hosting a (Re)read Along. The fan club's reading schedule is a bit ahead of ours, but we'd love for anyone who is reading/rereading the series before Remembrance to join us! There will be a giveaway posted later in September, and we'll be having link-ups for reviews and fun posts about the Mediator series in general. Here's the link with more information: http://abottomlessbookbag.com/2015/08...

Diana | 234 comments Mod
Jordin wrote: "In preparation of the release of Remembrance, another blogger and I are co-hosting a (Re)read Along. The fan club's reading schedule is a bit ahead of ours, but we'd love for anyone who is reading/..."

Sounds like fun! I'm definitely in.

Diana | 234 comments Mod
Check out the cover and read the first chapter!

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertain...

BookChic Club (bookchicclub) | 3 comments This book was amazing! I won't say too much to avoid spoilers, but I was able to read it last November and I devoured it so quickly. I can't wait for everyone else to read it!

Diana | 234 comments Mod
BookChic wrote: "This book was amazing! I won't say too much to avoid spoilers, but I was able to read it last November and I devoured it so quickly. I can't wait for everyone else to read it!"

I'm about to finish it (well like 100 pages, for me that's "almost finished") and it really does keep getting better with every page.

I added a spoiler thread if you wanted to say more about it. https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

BookChic Club (bookchicclub) | 3 comments Let me know when you're done and we'll talk in that thread. :)

Diana | 234 comments Mod
BookChic wrote: "Let me know when you're done and we'll talk in that thread. :)"

I finished it last night and I didn't even know what to say.
Really, I started thinking I'd have to write a second review because the one I wrote last night pretty much says "I don't know what to say."

BookChic Club (bookchicclub) | 3 comments LOL is it a good "I don't know" or a bad one?

message 13: by Diana (last edited Feb 02, 2016 10:36PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Diana | 234 comments Mod
BookChic wrote: "LOL is it a good "I don't know" or a bad one?"

Definitely a good one.