What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

A Fistful of Sky  (LaZelle, #1)
This topic is about A Fistful of Sky
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. young twentys woman from magical family w/o her powers [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Krissy (new)

Krissy Merkt (phyrphly00) | 2 comments i read this book about 10 years ago, but it is still in the corner of my mind. A twentyish something girl that comes from a family full of magic hasnt obtained her powers yet, and is constantly teased by her siblings and looked down upon by her parents as a dud, finally gets her powers but instead of normal wish powers they are curse powers, she has to be careful and not say "damn it" cause it will blow up. there is a romance with a boy from college or high school. idk, but i have held on to the memory of this book for a decade, so i must of liked it quite a bit.

message 2: by Sue (new)

Sue Elleker | 763 comments A Fistful Of Sky by Nina Kiriki Hoffman. Lovely, lyrical book.

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6980 comments Mod
A Fistful of Sky for Sue's clicker. (And the description sure looks like it might be Krissy's book--and if not that one, perhaps the second one.)

message 4: by Krissy (new)

Krissy Merkt (phyrphly00) | 2 comments that does sound like it!! thanks guys

Justanotherbiblophile | 1709 comments You'll like the first one in that series as well.