so you like YA?! discussion

Archives > so you like YA?! 80,000 page challenge (Our GOAL 130,048 pages read!!)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 148 (148 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Gina's (last edited Jul 03, 2014 02:08PM) (new)

Gina's (ginasgoodreads) | 2292 comments Hey everyone.

We are very happy to have reached 800+ members this month.
So we decided to make a 80,000 page challenge. You can join starting today (https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...)
You can also post your comments, questions and much more related to this challenge here. And please add the number of pages you read so we can keep a better track of whom read which books.

Enjoy.

-Mods of so you like YA?!

For the Challenge progress(view spoiler)

If there are wrong number of pages, please let me know, also if you have made progress and want me to post it you can also comment here or on the Challenge comments. The ones that have a question mark is because the number of pages haven't been posted yet.

Good luck to all :)

message 2: by Heather (new)

Heather | 525 comments I am going to do it!

message 3: by Gina's (new)

Gina's (ginasgoodreads) | 2292 comments Heather wrote: "I am going to do it!"

Wow our first member to join the challenge.

How awesome is that!

:)

Good luck on the challenge.

You can look for it on the group home.

message 4: by Heather (new)

Heather | 525 comments ok thanks :)

message 5: by Gina's (new)

Gina's (ginasgoodreads) | 2292 comments Heather wrote: "ok thanks :)"

I also added the link on the thread, in order to make things easier :)

You are welcome.

message 6: by Heather (new)

Heather | 525 comments What if I dont know how many books I want to read do I have to fill that out?

message 7: by Gina's (new)

Gina's (ginasgoodreads) | 2292 comments Heather wrote: "What if I dont know how many books I want to read do I have to fill that out?"

Have you tried just posting the shelf's name for the challenge?

message 8: by Heather (new)

Heather | 525 comments No

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Deffinately. But 600 000 pages can br more than onr book right

message 10: by Heather (new)

Heather | 525 comments yes

message 11: by Sarah (new)

Sarah I'll join too :D

message 12: by Gina's (new)

Gina's (ginasgoodreads) | 2292 comments Heather wrote: "No"

Try and then click save.

And then let me know.

message 13: by Heather (new)

Heather | 525 comments I had to put in a number of books to read

message 14: by Gina's (new)

Gina's (ginasgoodreads) | 2292 comments Zaynah wrote: "Deffinately. But 600 000 pages can br more than onr book right"

Yes. In order to win the challenge sure, as much books you'll like to read.

message 15: by Gina's (new)

Gina's (ginasgoodreads) | 2292 comments Sarah wrote: "I'll join too :D"

Yeah! :)

message 16: by Gina's (new)

Gina's (ginasgoodreads) | 2292 comments Heather wrote: "I had to put in a number of books to read"

Oh! Maybe when you reach that number you could edit the number afterwards.

message 17: by Heather (new)

Heather | 525 comments Gina wrote: "Heather wrote: "I had to put in a number of books to read"

Oh! Maybe when you reach that number you could edit the number afterwards."

Yeah :)

message 18: by ☆Joycedale☆ (new)

☆Joycedale☆ | 1109 comments Is there a start day or can the book I started 2day count?

message 19: by Gina's (new)

Gina's (ginasgoodreads) | 2292 comments ☆Joycedale☆ wrote: "Is there a start day or can the book I started 2day count?"

This challenge was meant to be active since yesterday so if it is a book that started on that date it's okay. Plus the book has to be added to a specific shelf for the challenge, only those count for the Goodreads Create Challenge.

message 20: by Gina's (new)

Gina's (ginasgoodreads) | 2292 comments >Wow the 3 members that joined the challenge added 100 books to be read. Cool!

message 21: by Xandra (last edited May 03, 2014 02:08PM) (new)

Xandra (literary-legionnaire) I joined, and I started a book yesterday and finished it this morning... so I'm pretty sure that counts?

message 22: by Tamara (last edited May 04, 2014 02:15PM) (new)

Tamara (bardura) | 293 comments I'm in :)

Progress: 1,197 pages :)

Read:4 (I usually read e-book or kindle editions so thats why page numbers differ from the link editions I've shared. Just letting you guys know ;) These page numbers belong to editions I've read)

Carswell's Guide to Being Lucky - 42 pages (5/3)
The Selection-339 pages (5/3)
Alienated -352 pages (5/3)
Sweet Reckoning-464 pages (5/4)

Currently Reading:2
Blood Red Road -464 pages
The Immortal Rules -472 pages

message 23: by Riya, The Ball of Energy :D (new)

Riya | 1575 comments Mod
I'm also in!!!

message 24: by Gina's (new)

Gina's (ginasgoodreads) | 2292 comments Xandra ~my faith walks on broken glass as I watch the world float to the dark side of the moon~ wrote: "I joined, and I started a book yesterday and finished it this morning... so I'm pretty sure that counts?"

Yes. Just add it to the shelf you mentioned on the change.

Also add the page count here.

message 25: by Gina's (new)

Gina's (ginasgoodreads) | 2292 comments @Tamara and @Riya cool, just check out the full description of te challenge on the Group home :)

message 26: by Xandra (last edited Jun 05, 2014 01:05PM) (new)

Xandra (literary-legionnaire) Pushing the Limits 5/3 - 391 pages
The One 5/11 - 323 pages
Dare You To 6/4 - 455 pages
Total: 1169 pages

message 27: by maisha (new)

maisha (maishareads) I'm in too :)

message 28: by Joi (new)

Joi | 187 comments I'm in

message 29: by ☆Joycedale☆ (new)

☆Joycedale☆ | 1109 comments Speak 5/2 198pgs
Perfect Chemistry 5/3 357pgs

total pgs 555

message 30: by maisha (new)

maisha (maishareads) Wicked Lovely 5/4 328 pages

Total Pages: 328 pages

message 31: by Rachel , The Confidant <3 (new)

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) | 789 comments Mod
CLARISSA I LOVE YOUR PROFILE PICTURE!!!!

message 32: by maisha (new)

maisha (maishareads) Thanks Rachel :D

message 33: by Fari (last edited May 04, 2014 12:48PM) (new)

Fari  (nothingbetterthanbooks) I'm in!

I read:

City of Ashes 5/3 435 pages

message 34: by Gina's (new)

Gina's (ginasgoodreads) | 2292 comments Zaynah wrote: "Deffinately. But 600 000 pages can br more than onr book right"

It has to be. Team work.

message 35: by Xandra (new)

Xandra (literary-legionnaire) It's 600,000 pages for all of us combined, right? Because I'm pretty sure I can't physically read 1714 books (averaging 350 pages)... or afford it.

message 36: by Gina's (last edited May 04, 2014 12:55PM) (new)

Gina's (ginasgoodreads) | 2292 comments
Please note that the book pages started on May 2nd and this will last until we have reached 600,000 pages read. Please add the number of pages that you have read here after you have had added the books for the challenge on a special shelf on Goodreads. You can also view more details on the group home :)

message 37: by Gina's (last edited May 04, 2014 01:08PM) (new)

Gina's (ginasgoodreads) | 2292 comments Xandra ~my faith walks on broken glass as I watch the world float to the dark side of the moon~ wrote: "It's 600,000 pages for all of us combined, right? Because I'm pretty sure I can't physically read 1714 books (averaging 350 pages)... or afford it."

Same answer as Zaynah :)

It's just for fun and team work.

message 38: by Xandra (new)

Xandra (literary-legionnaire) okay thanks

message 39: by Gina's (new)

Gina's (ginasgoodreads) | 2292 comments Xandra ~my faith walks on broken glass as I watch the world float to the dark side of the moon~ wrote: "okay thanks"

You seem very good at math btw, I almost failed that class 3 years ago lol

message 40: by Xandra (new)

Xandra (literary-legionnaire) Gina wrote: "Xandra ~my faith walks on broken glass as I watch the world float to the dark side of the moon~ wrote: "okay thanks"

You seem very good at math btw, I almost failed that class 3 years ago lol"

I used a calculator :P

message 41: by Gina's (new)

Gina's (ginasgoodreads) | 2292 comments Xandra ~my faith walks on broken glass as I watch the world float to the dark side of the moon~ wrote: "Gina wrote: "Xandra ~my faith walks on broken glass as I watch the world float to the dark side of the moon~ wrote: "okay thanks"

You seem very good at math btw, I almost failed that class 3 years..."

hehehe ;] your secret is safe with me ;)

message 42: by Gina's (last edited May 04, 2014 01:22PM) (new)

Gina's (ginasgoodreads) | 2292 comments >>Challenge progress is now available please update the number of pages you have read on the comments of the Challenge to make things more organized :) thank you!<<

message 43: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (godisgoodallthetime-) I have a question about the sign up thing. I pick a number and name a shelf. I don't know what the name a shelf means? Do I have create a shelf for this challenge?

message 44: by Riya, The Ball of Energy :D (last edited May 12, 2014 09:25PM) (new)

Riya | 1575 comments Mod
My Progress- Total Pages: 2,970

Ready Player One- 5/3 374 pages
The Never War- 5/4 352 pages
The One- 5/7 323 pages
The Reality Bug- 5/7 384 pages
Angelfall- 5/8 283 pages
World After- 5/9 438 pages
A Confusion of Princes- 5/10 337 pages
Noughts & Crosses- 5/12 479 pages

message 45: by Gina's (new)

Gina's (ginasgoodreads) | 2292 comments Kitty wrote: "I have a question about the sign up thing. I pick a number and name a shelf. I don't know what the name a shelf means? Do I have create a shelf for this challenge?"

Yes, so Goodreads can track down the activity on your shelf.

The 3 most common ones are: to read, currently reading and read.

When you click on the Group Home and on the Challenge you have to post a approximate number of books that you'll read for the challenge and the name of the shelf that will be created specifically for this Challenge (most of us named it 600 000 page challenge) then you click on save and you start adding the books to read for this challenge and here you post the number of pages read from May 2nd until the Challenge is over.

Feel free to ask questions.

Greetings and hopefully I was helpful.

message 46: by Tia (new)

Tia (tia_jenkins) Progress:

Total Pages:

message 47: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (godisgoodallthetime-) Gina wrote: "Kitty wrote: "I have a question about the sign up thing. I pick a number and name a shelf. I don't know what the name a shelf means? Do I have create a shelf for this challenge?"

Yes, so Goodreads..."

Thank you:D

message 48: by Gina's (last edited May 04, 2014 08:43PM) (new)

Gina's (ginasgoodreads) | 2292 comments @Riya

374 pages + 352 pages = 726 pages in total

is these 374 pages the same number that you put on the comment on your challenge or is it a new book??

message 49: by Gina's (new)

Gina's (ginasgoodreads) | 2292 comments Kitty wrote: "Gina wrote: "Kitty wrote: "I have a question about the sign up thing. I pick a number and name a shelf. I don't know what the name a shelf means? Do I have create a shelf for this challenge?"

Yes,..."

Anytime :)

message 50: by Riya, The Ball of Energy :D (new)

Riya | 1575 comments Mod
Wow- math fail! Yeah- those are the same that I put in my comment for the challenge. I thought it'd be easier if I just put it all together here. Sorry for all these complications!

« previous 1 3