Addicted to YA discussion

It's Kind of a Funny Story
This topic is about It's Kind of a Funny Story
Stand Alone > It's Kind of a Funny Story

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - added it

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5116 comments Mod
What did you think of it? Favorite or least favorite characters? Favorite or least favorite part?

message 2: by Oda (new) - rated it 5 stars

Oda WT I love this book so much! It's one of my favorites, It hit me somewhere and moved me. I will definitely read it again. The book itself is gorgeous and feel amazing and the artwork is amazing and gaaahh!!

Chris W | 75 comments Wow I loved the movie, didn't know there was a book. Goodread?

Martine Kuldvere I really liked this book too. It was kind of a funny story and it was heartwarming.

message 5: by Anisha (new) - added it

Anisha (24anisha) | 2 comments I started it, and ended up reading only the first couple of chapters. Do people think it's worth finishing? I'm not really sure at this point...

just kat (clutteredbooks) I'm stuck in page 110-ish. But I am having a whoot reaading it! I wouldn't have picked this at the bookstore. Glad I joined the group!

Brooke (bdarcy23) I LOVED this book, it's easily in my top ten reads! The movie doesn't even compare to the book, it was a waste of money to see. The author of It's Kind of a Funny Story committed suicide not too long ago in New York City for those who don't know! Hopefully I'm using the group right, this is my first post lol.

Laura | 33 comments I just finished this book and I loved it :D

just kat (clutteredbooks) I'm still halfway but I'm feeling all sorts of blue already.

Chris W | 75 comments I'm reading this now.

I somehow missed your post Brooke. I just learned today that he took his own life really recently and it's incredibly shocking.

Tamanna (tamaska) I'm still reading the book, but I like it so far, I've seen the movie and liked that too.

It is shocking that he committed suicide, there is no other word for it really. But I read somewhere that he had also gone to a mental facility, and that this book is kind of from his experience there.

Hanna (pinkmp) | 6 comments I have no interest in watching the movie. All adaptations ruin my memory of the book, period! Anyways, the elite public high school that the author was referring to, Stuyvesant but renamed it...

Everyone I know who went there weren't naturally smart and gifted, they had to work really really hard to succeed and get those grades and get into the top universities...i'm talking about both classmates I met during my college years and of course famous people. The author's portrayal of Craig's BFF Aaron of not working so hard but getting by easily is representative of many spoiled privileged brats, but not a common student from Stuyvesant from what I believe. Usually parents rich enough pay for private schools, the public ones are under more scrutiny esp that school accusing unfair advantages of the poor who can't get their kids ahead.

Noelle, for someone who has been sexually abused or harassed for her beautiful face..I was really surprised she was able to trust a complete strange boy who might not be nice right off the bat by getting his attention. I would think Craig might go after her and get her attention. I had a hard time believing that. I would think someone in her position would be too angry and distrustful of the world esp the males who have traumatized her.

Lauraeimre | 51 comments Read this for school. It took me time because I only read 10 pages a day for a week (for English class) but when I could read more, I finished the rest of the book in 2 days. I have seen the movie and I think I liked it. I watched it before reading the book.