Addicted to YA discussion

Dreams of Gods & Monsters (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #3)
This topic is about Dreams of Gods & Monsters
Series > Dreams of Gods & Monsters

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 4 stars

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5143 comments Mod
What did you think of it? Favorite or least favorite characters? Favorite or least favorite part? Does the ending do the series justice?

message 2: by Riya (last edited May 03, 2014 12:21PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Riya | 0 comments This is such an awesome book!!!!! The entire series was amazing, and this ending was perfect. It definitely wasn't a letdown in the slightest, and I still loved the writing style. Still in complete love with the last few chapters especially :)
Favorite character: probably Ziri although they're all great
Least favorite character: Razgut....creepy little dude....
Favorite part: all of it
Least favorite part: no such thing

Haha René I'm not gonna tell you anything other than that you should read it :)

message 3: by The Goblin Times (last edited May 03, 2014 12:28PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

The Goblin Times (thegoblintimes) Why???????You want to torture me right?You will regret that, I know your goodreads name!!!!!

Riya | 0 comments Haha I just don't wanna spoil it for you. And besides the book is so complex that there's just so much more to it!! :)

Jessica (The Psychotic Nerd) (goldenfurproductions) | 4586 comments I loved it! It was my favorite book in the series! XD
And Laini's writing is so beautiful!

Cinthia (cinthiah) | 53 comments I thought it was very good. Ziri is my favorite, too.

Riya | 0 comments Yay!!! Ziri :D

Dana J. Moore Absolute perfection. My favorite part was that moment between Karou and Liraz...you know the one. I literally had to lay on the floor and cry because it was so amazing. Least favorite character was the sucky fake grandmother. Hate her. (Which is good...) It was a perfect book in my opinion. And I feel like the ending left room for more books - AGH!!! That is the best part. I highly recommend the audiobook for anyone considering it. Khristine Hvam is heaven itself.

Mary Lowry (mlowry57) | 26 comments I, too, enjoyed the book and feel saddened this is the end. I have more than one favorite character. First it has to be Karou, then feisty Zuzanna. All characters played their part in making the story alive. Jael the most hated for me.

Martina Boone (martinaboone) | 2 comments I agree about the creepy fake grandmother, but one of the strengths of this series is that there are as many characters I love to hate as there are characters I love. I also agree about the last chapters. The way it all fell into place was unexpected and yet inevitable. A brilliant conclusion to the series. And yes, Laini's writing is gorgeous, which makes everything so much more enjoyable.

As for favorite characters? Zuzana, Karou, and Akiva. Liraz and Ziri surprised me in this volume and I adored them, too. Laini does fabulous characters.

Nicole K (nicoleklor) | 8 comments Favorite Character: Zuze
Least favorite character: Jael

Favorite part: Liraz and her forgiving/accepting what happened with Hayaxa.
Least favorite part: Akiva on his knees

It was hard for me to get into to start with because of the addition of so much new lore and several new characters but the writing style is amazing. I love this trilogy and this was a great ending for it with enough opening for potential off shoots. Love love love it though!

Paula (paulamarina) My favourite character was Liraz (she changed a lot!), and also Zuze (she's really funny!).
Least favourite character: I can't remember his name, but he's the one who stoles the mobile phone and tells that they've found "monsters".
I'm really glad that finally a series has a happy ending. Dear John Green,this is a good example on how to finish a book.
(Sorry for any linguistic fails, I'm spanish)

Aisha (ashy2098) | 4 comments The ending was so great! It definitely did the series justice! I loved reading the character development of Liraz! She went from fierce, heartless warrior to accepting and adorable lover. Zuzanna was so hilarious and made it a funny read! Akiva and Karou, oh my! I loved their arch but each time, they wanted a moment alone, it kept getting interrupted! I was like DAMN YOU, let them have time lol but finally they got their time! I really admire how the ending wasn't a "and they lived happily ever after". it was progress. It was a middle. They had so much rebuilding to do and I found that enlightening. The overall message of hope was so awe-inspiring. I absolutely fell in love with this book and it is definitely my favorite out of the whole trilogy. I can't say any more good things. It was that amazing. :)

Alissa Patrick (apatrick12211) I just finished this book, and feel very satisfied with the series. I 100% agree with Aisha- loved the development and end result of Liraz. I was more excited about her and her love than Akiva and Karou lol And I loved the humans- Zuzanna for sure.

and Ziri was my favorite.

Great book! Great series!

Heather Bowhay | 15 comments I am #1 on the hold list at the library!! Yippee!! I hope it was worth the wait!!

Shelina (sherumi275) | 63 comments I absolutely loved the series and now I'm sad that it ended :(. The feels! I remember jumping for joy when they were victorious and having to put away the tablet as some scenes were too upsetting. If a book can make you feel for the characters that way, it's doing something right! The ending was definitely satisfying :D

Favourite characters include Liraz, Ziri, Mik, and Zuzana. Ziri was sweet throughout and I truly felt for him. Liraz is headstrong and fearless, but a lot softer inside than she let's on. And these books just wouldn't be the same without the humans!

Least favourite characters include Morgan (if only his Hitler mustache curse didn't have an expiration date) and Razgut. Razgut makes me feel slimey.

Langouste | 1 comments Late to the party, but I just started this last weekend! So far I like it. I like the multiple points of view (vs. two points of view in the first book...I liked the multiple points of view in the 2nd book a lot too). Ziri pulls at the heartstrings and I kind of find Akiva annoying at this point.