Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Bestselling author trying new genre--90k fantasy.

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by K.F. (new)

K.F. Breene | 5 comments I am looking for a couple new beta readers for a 90k word fantasy novel. This will be the first wave of reading. While this is my favorite genre to read, it is the first time I am publishing this genre. I do not need editing or proof reading--I will hire a professional for that near the end. I am looking for comments on flow, pace, plot holes, boring bits, or anything you think I need to improve. Basically, I am interested in what an informed reader would say--anything that might reduce stars in their eyes.

I will be open to compensate. Preferably I would like someone outside my current fan base--for the first time around, I want reactions from people not used to my style and humor. If we make a good team, I would consider bringing you into the beta fold for future publications if you want (also compensated).

If you want more info, feel free to contact me (kfbreene@gmail.com). If you want to stalk me so you don't get the cheesy *please help me* smile, there are plenty of ways. And if you want to take the plunge, let me know :)

message 2: by Cat (new)

Cat (catq) | 4 comments I would be interested in reading and commenting on your "new" genre entry. I have beta read for a few other authors, mostly new, first timers. I am an avid reader in several genres. I will email you my contact details.

message 3: by Mike (new)

Mike | 20 comments K.F.,

I'd be willing to take a look. I've beta read for a half dozen people on here and I think I could offer some constructive feedback.

Evin

message 4: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Ambrose | 6 comments I would love to take a look at what you've written. I read different types of genres and am interested in fantasy. if you still need a beta you can email me at ashambro90@yahoo.com

message 5: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Mcroberts | 28 comments K.F. wrote: "I am looking for a couple new beta readers for a 90k word fantasy novel. This will be the first wave of reading. While this is my favorite genre to read, it is the first time I am publishing this g..."

Here is the link to my "self-advertisement"

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

...just so you'll know something about me. I am currently working pretty regularly for some indie authors with whom I have developed relationships, and I am helping one with edits and a more detailed reading now. I don't currently have a set compensation expectation tool, so we can talk in more detail about that at another time.

If you are interested in using me as a reader, please send me a PM and I'll send you my personal email address.

If not, best of luck on your new genre.

message 6: by Husnaa (new)

Husnaa  (xohusnaaxo) | 48 comments I'd be really interested in this. I read all kinds of genres, including fantasy. I have beta'd/proofread for a few authors before. If you're interested, please email me: hhassam13@hotmail.com

message 7: by Charlotte Bull (new)

Charlotte Bull (charlotteb88) | 1 comments I'm happy to read it if you still need people. I love the fantasy genre, I've done some writing myself & I've beta-read before. Pm me if you still need people :)