Cruisin' thru the Cozies Reading Challenge discussion

2016 - Level 2 (Investigator) > Bridget's Cozy Challenge

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bridget (new)

Bridget (obridget2) I'm new to the group and a few months behind lol..but thought I'd give it a try anyway. I've already read a few cozies that I'll try to add as soon as I can get to my computer to add them (on my Kindle now). Hopefully I won't forget to do it later today once I get my errands done. :-)

message 2: by Dagny (new)

Dagny (madamevauquer) Hi, Bridget. Welcome to the group! Glad you decided to join us. Beware, this group will be detrimental to your TBR, lol.

message 3: by Britney (new)

Britney (tarheels) | 650 comments Mod
Welcome Bridget. Its never to late to join. You will love seeing what everyone reads. I have found new books to read through here. Looking forward to seeing what you read.

message 4: by Bridget (new)

Bridget (obridget2) Dagny wrote: "Hi, Bridget. Welcome to the group! Glad you decided to join us. Beware, this group will be detrimental to your TBR, lol."

Oh dear! Hopefully I'll be able to restrain myself at least the tiniest bit! (oh, who am I kidding!) Lol..thankful for libraries! :-)

message 5: by Bridget (new)

Bridget (obridget2) Britney wrote: "Welcome Bridget. Its never to late to join. You will love seeing what everyone reads. I have found new books to read through here. Looking forward to seeing what you read."

Thank you Britney. I'm sure I'll find some new ones too. Ive been reading cozies for a couple years off and on so I'm still a newbie kind of. :-)

message 6: by Bridget (last edited Apr 09, 2016 01:45PM) (new)

Bridget (obridget2) What I've finished so far this year :

1. Family Patterns (Patchwork, #1) by Kristin Eckhardt Family Patterns by Kristin Eckhardt

Thoughts/Review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

2. Buttercream Bump Off (Cupcake Bakery Mystery, #2) by Jenn McKinlay Buttercream Bump Off (A Cupcake Mystery #2) by Jenn McKinlay

Thoughts/Review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

3. Death by the Dozen (Cupcake Bakery Mystery, #3) by Jenn McKinlay Death by the Dozen (A Cupcake Mystery # 3) by Jenn McKinlay

Thoughts/Review:
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

(Some, I may not have much to say or I may even just rate. So, if I have a review, no matter how small, I will do my best to remember to put it up) :-)

message 7: by Britney (new)

Never heard of Family Patterns

message 8: by Bridget (new)

Bridget (obridget2) Britney wrote: "Never heard of Family Patterns"

It's a Christian series focused around Sarah and her family. I have the 2nd book but haven't finished it yet. :-)

message 9: by Bridget (last edited Apr 25, 2016 06:55PM) (new)

Bridget (obridget2) 4. Red Velvet Revenge (Cupcake Bakery Mystery, #4) by Jenn McKinlay Red Velvet Revenge (#4) by Jenn McKinlay 4/5 Stars
*Another fun one...with a slight cliffhanger.* :-)

message 10: by Dagny (new)

Dagny (madamevauquer) Bridget wrote: "4. Red Velvet Revenge (Cupcake Bakery Mystery, #4) by Jenn McKinlay Red Velvet Revenge (#4) by Jenn McKinlay 4/5 Stars
*Another fun one...with a slight cliffhanger.* :-)"

Uh, oh. Those cliffhangers tend to make the next book jump to the top of the TBR pile.

message 11: by Bridget (last edited Apr 26, 2016 02:09PM) (new)

Bridget (obridget2) Dagny wrote: "Bridget wrote: "4. Red Velvet Revenge (Cupcake Bakery Mystery, #4) by Jenn McKinlay Red Velvet Revenge (#4) by Jenn McKinlay 4/5 Stars
*Another fun one...with a slight cliffhanger.* :-)"

U..."

I have the next book so I can get to it when I am ready for it...right now, I'm torn on what I want to read. Lol :-)

message 12: by Bridget (last edited Sep 18, 2016 07:12AM) (new)

Bridget (obridget2) Okay, I have finished two cozies. I really thought I updated last time. hhmm...

5. Going, Going, Ganache (Cupcake Bakery Mystery, #5) by Jenn McKinlay by Jenn McKinlay
My Thoughts: http://msbridgetnapturalreader.blogsp...

6. Sugar and Iced (Cupcake Bakery Mystery, #6) by Jenn McKinlay by Jenn McKinlay
My Thoughts: http://msbridgetnapturalreader.blogsp...

These two are books 5 & 6 of "A Cupcake Bakery Mystery" series. 8 books in all (so far. Not sure if she's doing more or not. Book 8 just came out this year)

message 13: by Dagny (new)

Dagny (madamevauquer) Looks like you're right up to date with that series, Bridget.

message 14: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (smmolloy1105) | 329 comments Bridget wrote: "Okay, I have finished two cozies. I really thought I updated last time. hhmm...

5. Going, Going, Ganache (Cupcake Bakery Mystery, #5) by Jenn McKinlay by Jenn McKinlay
My Thoughts: http://msbridgetnaptura..."

Caramel Crush comes out on April 4, 2017. She also has another great series called The Library Lover's which I love. It might be a series worth trying.

message 15: by Bridget (last edited Oct 17, 2016 10:30PM) (new)

Bridget (obridget2) Dagny wrote: "Looks like you're right up to date with that series, Bridget."

Almost. I'm on book 7 now. Waiting on book 8 but USPS keeps shipping it to different places. It was in Charlotte, then they shipped it to PA...now its back in Charlotte saying set for delivery...again...hopefully it'll get to me soon. This is the 2nd issue I've had with USPS in the last month and a half.

message 16: by Bridget (new)

Bridget (obridget2) Shannon wrote: "Bridget wrote: "Okay, I have finished two cozies. I really thought I updated last time. hhmm...

My Thoughts: http://..."

I found it after posting. Thanks though. :)

message 17: by Dagny (new)

Dagny (madamevauquer) Bridget wrote: "Almost. I'm on book 7 now. Waiting on book 8 but USPS keeps shipping it to different places. It was in Charlotte, then ..."

A book order of mine got lost in the mail a few years ago. Finally showed up after about two or three months. Amazingly it was intact.

message 18: by Bridget (last edited Oct 29, 2016 10:16PM) (new)

Bridget (obridget2) Dagny wrote: "Bridget wrote: "Almost. I'm on book 7 now. Waiting on book 8 but USPS keeps shipping it to different places. It was in Charlotte, then ..."

A book order of mine got lost in the mail a few years ag..."

Well, I didn't have to wait 2-3 months, thankfully, but my last package was sent to NY...and they didn't contact BookOutlet, I had to, so, a month later, I finally got it, after the mail person said they tried to deliver it (notice in mailbox) and they didnt, so I had to go get it, to avoid that again. This time, they said it was delivered, and it wasn't. At least not in my mailbox. (We have to use keys to get into our mailboxes) and earlier this year we had another issue of not getting mail from my son's dad...he got it back, minus the money in it...smh

message 19: by Bridget (new)

Bridget (obridget2) 7. Dark Chocolate Demise (Cupcake Bakery Mystery, #7) by Jenn McKinlay Dark Chocolate Demise by Jenn McKinlay

My thoughts: https://msbridgetnapturalreader.blogs...

I have Vanilla Beaned, so once I am done with that one, I will be all caught up until April. :-)

message 20: by Dagny (new)

Dagny (madamevauquer) Bridget wrote: "I have Vanilla Beaned, so once I am done with that one, I will be all caught up until April. :-) "

I never know if being caught up is a good thing or a bad thing. Feels good to be up to date, but then the wait begins, lol.

message 21: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (smmolloy1105) | 329 comments Dagny wrote: "Bridget wrote: "I have Vanilla Beaned, so once I am done with that one, I will be all caught up until April. :-) "

I never know if being caught up is a good thing or a bad thing. Feels good to be ..."

I feel the same way, Dagney. I, too, have finished up to Dark Chocolate Demise and have been holding onto Vanilla Beaned for dear life. I have no patience so I like to make sure I have the last book in the series until the latest comes out. Does that make me crazy? LOL!

message 22: by Britney (new)

It sucks when you have to wait for a the next one to come out. Thats why I tend to rotate reading different series so I don't finish one series before going to the next one to preserve them. To hopefully not have to wait for the next one in the series to come out.

message 23: by Bridget (new)

Bridget (obridget2) Britney wrote: "It sucks when you have to wait for a the next one to come out. Thats why I tend to rotate reading different series so I don't finish one series before going to the next one to preserve them. To hop..."

I tried to do that..lol....but with this series, it seems like when I have more than one book,. I want to read them all because I miss the characters quickly and I want to see what happens. :-)

message 24: by Britney (new)

Bridget wrote: "Britney wrote: "It sucks when you have to wait for a the next one to come out. Thats why I tend to rotate reading different series so I don't finish one series before going to the next one to prese..."

I have read others by McKinlay but not this series.

message 25: by Bridget (new)

Bridget (obridget2) Britney wrote: "Bridget wrote: "Britney wrote: "It sucks when you have to wait for a the next one to come out. Thats why I tend to rotate reading different series so I don't finish one series before going to the n..."
I'm hoping to get to the library lover's series next. :)

message 26: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (smmolloy1105) | 329 comments Bridget wrote: "Britney wrote: "Bridget wrote: "Britney wrote: "It sucks when you have to wait for a the next one to come out. Thats why I tend to rotate reading different series so I don't finish one series befor..."

I love the Library Lover's series. It's one of my favorites. Jenn McKinlay has a way of making you want to be best friends with her characters.

message 27: by Bridget (new)

Bridget (obridget2) Shannon wrote: "Bridget wrote: "Britney wrote: "Bridget wrote: "Britney wrote: "It sucks when you have to wait for a the next one to come out. Thats why I tend to rotate reading different series so I don't finish ..."
That she does! I tried to start Library Lover's while in the middle of A Cupcake Bakery Mystery series, but I couldn't do it. I was still stuck on the characters for Cupcake. So, I said I would get caught up on those before I go on to Library Lover's. I think that's the only way to semi get them out my system until book 9 comes out next year. :)

message 28: by Bridget (new)

Bridget (obridget2) Dagny wrote: "Bridget wrote: "I have Vanilla Beaned, so once I am done with that one, I will be all caught up until April. :-) "

I never know if being caught up is a good thing or a bad thing. Feels good to be ..."
It is a struggle to wait...especially when you really love the characters. And especially if there is a serious cliff hanger! And no Shannon, it doesn't make you crazy to want to hold out as long as possible! :)

message 30: by Dagny (new)

Dagny (madamevauquer) Bridget wrote: "8. Vanilla Beaned (Cupcake Bakery Mystery, #8) by Jenn McKinlayVanilla Beaned by Jenn McKinlay

My Thoughts: https://msbridgetnapturalreader.blogs......"

Thanks for the link!

message 31: by Bridget (last edited Nov 10, 2016 02:56PM) (new)

Bridget (obridget2) Dagny wrote: "Bridget wrote: "8. Vanilla Beaned (Cupcake Bakery Mystery, #8) by Jenn McKinlayVanilla Beaned by Jenn McKinlay

My Thoughts: https://msbridgetnapturalreader.blogs......"

You're welcome.