YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Fury (The Cure, #1)
This topic is about Fury
BUDDY READ: Dystopian/Sci-Fi > Fury (The Cure #1) (ARC) by Charlotte McConaghy - Starting May 5th 2014

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Dana | 893 comments Hey guys me and Emily will be starting this book on May 5, feel free to join! Here's the blurb,

When emotions are erased from the world, creating a civilization of mindless drones, only those with fury can survive.

On the same day each year Josephine Luquet wakes naked, shivering and covered in blood that is not her own. Under the cold gaze of the blood moon she is someone else entirely, but when dawn breaks her memories flee and she is left with only an icy horror, a burning fury. Amid a sea of drones, she alone hasn’t been cured.
It will be the same each year: atrocities forgotten, truths hidden and pieces of herself left to die.
Until Luke.
He isn’t like the other drones. With secrets whispering behind his eyes and a hunger for all things Josephine, he is the only one determined to help her discover the truth before the next blood moon rises.
But time is running out. Is Luke willing to risk his life to be near her? Does he truly understand what violence she is capable of?

Raw and full of passion, Fury is a story of love in a dystopian world, and how much we are willing to forgive in the struggle to remember our humanity.

Emily Bradley-dorman | 495 comments I have about 40 pages left of the book I'm reading so I will start this later today :)

Emily Bradley-dorman | 495 comments 10% (view spoiler)

Emily Bradley-dorman | 495 comments 16% (view spoiler)

Dana | 893 comments Wow this book is so much better than I thought it would be. I read ahead, I couldnt put it down sorry, its so addictive.

42%(view spoiler)

Emily Bradley-dorman | 495 comments haha I agree, I wasn't expecting great things but it's really good. I like the fact that it actually has some form of suspense without you checking out because it takes too long to get to the point!

I haven't read much more cos I've been busy will get to it tomorrow though :)

Emily Bradley-dorman | 495 comments 42% (view spoiler)

Dana | 893 comments 42%(view spoiler)

Dana | 893 comments 62%(view spoiler)

Emily Bradley-dorman | 495 comments Dana wrote: "62%[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Emily Bradley-dorman | 495 comments 70% (view spoiler)

message 12: by Dana (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dana | 893 comments 78%(view spoiler)

Emily Bradley-dorman | 495 comments Just finished
(view spoiler)

message 14: by Dana (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dana | 893 comments Finished (view spoiler)