A TO Z BOOK CHALLENGE discussion

Introduce Yourself > INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE AND WHER YOUR FROM

Comments Showing 1-50 of 134 (134 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Linda, A to Z & Pick It For Me & Book Of Month Moderator (new)

Linda Bourg | 435 comments Mod
Hi my name is Linda and i am moderator of this challenge, I am from Louisiana. Nice to meet ya'll

message 2: by Linda, A to Z & Pick It For Me & Book Of Month Moderator (new)

Jodi wrote: "Hi my name is Jodi and I'm from Indiana. It's nice to meet you as well. I love this idea. I'll have to think about what I've already read for this year and post what I have."

Welcome Jodi, hope all is well up in Indiana. Enjoy reading through the alphabet, I just started this challenge today, i am a bit late for a book of the month, so in april i will choose a letter and we will read a book that starts with it. It will kind of help us through the alphabet lol. Books will be voted on.

message 3: by Lacey (new)

Lacey K | 25 comments Hello y'all. I'm Lacey from Louisiana. Linda, I love this idea and can't wait to get started. I am always looking for people to discuss the books I have read with.

message 4: by Linda, A to Z & Pick It For Me & Book Of Month Moderator (new)

Lacey wrote: "Hello y'all. I'm Lacey from Louisiana. Linda, I love this idea and can't wait to get started. I am always looking for people to discuss the books I have read with. "

Hey i know you LOL Welcome Lacey. I hope you enjoy reading through the alphabet with us. Have a great day.

message 5: by Fiona (new)

Fiona V | 36 comments Hey everyone Im fiona and im from ireland, Im exited to do this!!

message 6: by Linda, A to Z & Pick It For Me & Book Of Month Moderator (new)

Fiona wrote: "Hey everyone Im fiona and im from ireland, Im exited to do this!!"

Welcome Fiona, glad you can join us. Hope all is well in Ireland, a land i always wanted to visit. Enjoy reading through the alphabet. Have a great day

message 7: by Fiona (new)

Fiona (boadicea) | 2 comments Hi! I'm Fiona too, in Seattle. I am making this my year to read. This is a fun challenge. Thanks for getting it started!
I tend to enjoy books about WW2 or Medieval England, at least for the moment, but I'm open to anything.
I'm looking forward to seeing what you are all reading.
I'll post my list when I get a chance.

message 8: by Linda, A to Z & Pick It For Me & Book Of Month Moderator (new)

Fiona wrote: "Hi! I'm Fiona too, in Seattle. I am making this my year to read. This is a fun challenge. Thanks for getting it started!
I tend to enjoy books about WW2 or Medieval England, at least for the m..."

Welcome Fiona from Seatlle. i hope you enjoy reading through the alphabet with us through the year. Have a great day.

Noel Arndt Caryl | 83 comments Hello All! I am a friend of Fiona's and live in a small town outside of Seattle. I read all different genres of books and love finding new and interesting books that I wouldn't have chosen myself.
Reading is a passion of mine and always have a book handy just in case.
I have already posted my list and would love some suggestions for the letters I don't have completed.
Have an amazing day!!

message 10: by Linda, A to Z & Pick It For Me & Book Of Month Moderator (new)

Welcome Noel, nice to meet you. I hope you enjoy reading through the alphabet this year.. Have a blessed evening

message 11: by Jonquil (new)

Jonquil I'm Jonquil from Nashville, TN. Do you want us to create a thread like yours to list our books?

message 12: by Jonquil (new)

Jonquil Oops, sorry, should have read further!! Found all lists under Linda's list!!

message 13: by Linda, A to Z & Pick It For Me & Book Of Month Moderator (new)

Welcome Jonquil, i hope you enjoy reading through the alphabet with us this year. Hope you have a wonderful evening.

message 14: by April (new)

April (aprilynn0504) | 9 comments I'm April from southern, nj :)

message 15: by Rita (new)

Rita | 75 comments Hi Everyone! I'm Rita from Marshfield,Wisconsin..

message 16: by Linda, A to Z & Pick It For Me & Book Of Month Moderator (new)

Welcome Rita, glad that you joined us. have a blessed evening :)

message 17: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Roberson Hey y'all. My name is Brenda. I am 61 and I live in North-Central Florida. Not sure if I can even remember the books I have read this year. Right now I am just finishing book 2 of a 4 book set called The Peacemaker Series. I am waiting on the author (who is a friend of mine) to finish editing book 4 for me to read.

message 18: by Linda, A to Z & Pick It For Me & Book Of Month Moderator (new)

Hello Brenda. welcome to A to Z. How are things up in Florida? Bet its Hot Hot Hot, just like down here in Louisiana lol. Have a great weekend.

message 19: by Rita (new)

Rita | 75 comments Brenda wrote: "Hey y'all. My name is Brenda. I am 61 and I live in North-Central Florida. Not sure if I can even remember the books I have read this year. Right now I am just finishing book 2 of a 4 book set call..."

What's the name of the author?

message 20: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (veroniqueb) | 4 comments Hi, I'm Veronica, I'm from New Jersey, and I am over 50,I love reading so far this year I might just have the first 10 letters of A-Z list .....when I compile my list I will contact you again Linda on how to add the books to the list.

message 21: by Linda, A to Z & Pick It For Me & Book Of Month Moderator (new)

Welcome Veronica.Hope you enjoy reading through the alphabet with us. Have a blessed day.

message 22: by Rachael (new)

Rachael (rachsramblings) | 12 comments Gonna give this a try...especially since I can use books read from beginning of year. I hope to have my list posted soon. I live in Maine.

message 23: by Linda, A to Z & Pick It For Me & Book Of Month Moderator (new)

Welcome Rachael, Happy Reading, good luck reading through the alphabet. Have a blessed evening

message 24: by Rachael (new)

Rachael (rachsramblings) | 12 comments Thanks...this sounds like fun!

message 25: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Thanks for inviting me to join! I am from Texas and this group sounds like fun. I have been working on a few challenges through another group and one is an A-Z challenge, but I read a lot, so will probably try to do new books that are not on the other list (for the most part) for this list! We'll see how that goes.

message 26: by Linda, A to Z & Pick It For Me & Book Of Month Moderator (new)

Welcome Brittany, hope you enjoy reading through the alphabet and the books of the month. I have each letter individually because members were not able to edit there lists. So each letter has a listing and its also a way to see what others have read with that letter. in case you are searching for a book starting with a particular letter . Have a great evening and Happy Reading :)

message 27: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Thanks Linda!

message 28: by Darlene (new)

Darlene (darlenelozada) | 136 comments hi my name is darlene from Texas. first time Trying different challenges this one seems fun and different

message 29: by Linda, A to Z & Pick It For Me & Book Of Month Moderator (new)

Welcome Darlene, Hope you are having a great day.

Happy Reading :)

message 30: by Terrie (new)

Terrie | 8 comments Hi my name is Terrie and I am from Georgia. Hello from down south and hope you are having a great day.

message 31: by Linda, A to Z & Pick It For Me & Book Of Month Moderator (new)

Welcome Terrie. Hope all is well up in Georgia. Glad you could join my group. Have a blessed evening.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi, My name is Darlene and I live in Las Vegas, NV.

message 33: by Linda, A to Z & Pick It For Me & Book Of Month Moderator (new)

Hello Darlene, welcome, Glad you could join us reading through the alphabet this year. Happy Reading and have a great weekend.

message 34: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 52 comments Hi, I am Ashley and I am also from Georgia. I followed my mom, Terrie, into this group as it sounded fun. Can't wait to see what everyone is reading! :)

message 35: by June (new)

June Hi, I'm June from Utah. I love to read A LOT!! :) This sounds like a fun group. I read multiple genres so it will be interesting to see what my list looks like when I alphabetize it :)

message 36: by Eileen (new)

Eileen I am Eileen.. I read all the time. Just joined group today and only have 7 spots left!!! What a fun idea.
I am from Hebron Kentucky which is close to Cincinnati Ohio.. Hello and happy reading.

message 37: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Hello everyone! I am from Pennsylvania and look forward to getting to know everybody. Thanks for the invite.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi everyone, I am from Missouri and really need to look through the books I have read this year already to see how many letters I have left to read. This sounds like fun.

message 39: by Sara (new)

Sara Campbell (admiralawesome) | 9 comments Hi I'm Sara and I'm from Pennsylvania.

message 40: by Linda, A to Z & Pick It For Me & Book Of Month Moderator (new)

Welcome to Ashley, June, Eileen, Wendy, Janine and Sara, so glad you joined us to read through the alphabet. Its nice to see where everyone is from. Have a great evening and God Bless :)

message 41: by Leigh (new)

Leigh Winterstine (leighfox) | 1 comments Hi I'm Leigh and I'm from Atlantic Canada. This seems like an awesome idea!

message 42: by Linda, A to Z & Pick It For Me & Book Of Month Moderator (new)

Welcome Leigh, glad you could join us read through the alphabet this year. I also have a book of the month, and a pick it for me challenge. Hope you enjoy the group. Have a great evening and Happy Reading :)

message 43: by Mia (new)

Mia wow i am totally late to this party.. i just got the invite.. my name is Mia.. i love christian fiction :) when did this challenge start. where do i start just coming in?

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Mia just jump in where ever you want. Go through your book list and see what letters you have read and what you need. We have a monthly single book read and the monthly series read that you can join in. Any conversion jump in if you have something to say and welcome to the group. Where are you from? I am in Missouri and right at the moment an empty nester but preparing to have my child come home from the army and he will be staying with me for a little while LOL.

message 45: by Mia (new)

Mia Hi Jannie, thanks for info :) i am in Florida. have a soon to be 2yr old daughter.. i am a stay at home mom. my husband works and is taking college classes.. so i have lots of time to read.. gets kinda lonely at time lol.. books help me pass the time..

message 46: by Linda, A to Z & Pick It For Me & Book Of Month Moderator (new)

Hello Mia, glad you joined us. Like Janine said just feel free to jump in on any challenge, and let us know if you read any good books. Will be posting Pick it For me for September soon.. Have a blessed evening.

message 47: by Linda, A to Z & Pick It For Me & Book Of Month Moderator (new)

Hey Janine i didn't know you had a son in the army. Praying for his safety and thank him for his faithful service.. When is he coming Home? I bet you can't wait.

message 48: by Kim (last edited Aug 21, 2014 06:39AM) (new)

Kim Hampton | 213 comments My name is Kim. I live in Arkansas. I'm a stay at home mom with two daughters, ages 8 and 2. I read a lot, especially while waiting to pick my oldest up from school. Not sure I can complete this challenge or not, but I'm going to give it my best shot!

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Kim welcome and so glad to see you making yourself at home :D. You know this challenge is really against yourself so try and do what you can and enjoy the rest of the group.

Linda, yeah my baby has been in the Army for the last three and a half years. (Hint you young parents, don't even in humor, tell your kids that once they are 18 and graduated then they are out the door. I told that to my Alex all the time joking with him, and he took me serious for he left for BCT ten days later.) I have been very blessed that my son, though he came within weeks of a deployment, has never been deployed. When he is going to be home frankly is going to depend on the Army's timeline of wait, wait, wait, ok get ready, wait, wait, pack your stuff, wait, wait, wait, there is more paperwork, wait, wait, wait, ok unpack, wait, okay now go. So it is a waiting game though it should be somewhere between mid Sept until Christmas time. I downsized when he moved to his base into a one bedroom apartment so I now have to make room for him and his stuff, until he gets on his feet and moves out again. I love my child, I really do and would do anything for him, but I love my peace and quiet too that I have gotten use to. Does that make sense LOL.

message 50: by June (new)

June Kim, welcome. I'm getting from your lists that you are a Debbie Macomber fan (at least a little!). :) Personally I've only gotten around to reading a couple of her books which I really enjoyed. When Cedar Cove came on the Hallmark Channel my hubby thought it looked like something I'd enjoy so every week he gets me to sit with him and watch. I have most of the books that go with it, but I haven't read any of them yet. Do you watch the show and do you think they are doing a good job on it?

« previous 1 3

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Candide (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Michael Richard Stosic (other topics)