Audio-Bibliophiles discussion

Monthly Audiobook Group Reads > May Audiobook Group Read

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ZaraS (new)

ZaraS  *book reviewer Please discuss Jael McHenry's "The Kitchen Daughter". Please enjoy and discuss lots.

message 2: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) Well, in my entire library system, there's one copy, and it's checked out. And it's not audio. I've ordered it, but we'll have to see.

message 3: by ZaraS (new)

ZaraS  *book reviewer Is anyone else having problems procurring this book? If so, I may include the second most popular choice as well to allow people to access at least one book for this month.

message 4: by Lady Bren (new)

Lady Bren (lady_bren) | 8 comments I can't get it

message 5: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) It never came in, for me.

message 6: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) Actually, it did, finally, and I read it one night because I found it thoroughly engaging. I highly recommend it. If you do read/listen to it, I have a question about a minor character - Evangeline's ghost - please.

message 7: by ZaraS (new)

ZaraS  *book reviewer Cheryl in CC NV wrote: "Actually, it did, finally, and I read it one night because I found it thoroughly engaging. I highly recommend it. If you do read/listen to it, I have a question about a minor character - Evangeli..."

I'm glad the book came in for you Cheryl. I'm also glad that you enjoyed it so much. How many stars would you give it out of interest?

message 8: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) I gave it four stars. I'm awfully stingy with 5 stars, as I try to reserve them for books I'd recommend to folks who don't normally read the genre, but if I were more liberal this might just get that many.