DC Comics Fans discussion

Free Comic Book Day 2014

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Annice22 (new)

Annice22 | 219 comments Mod
Anyone going this year? There will be a lot of good books given out this time.

message 2: by Grace (new)

Grace (Fives) | 14 comments Going to all the comic shops I know of and aren't all the way to L.A.! Hopefully my sister and I will get some good free comics.

message 3: by Christian (new)

Christian (christiansnow) | 4 comments I've never gone to a comic book shop on this actual date, but am considering it when the day arrives. Hopefully I'll get some good stuff.

message 4: by Grace (new)

Grace (Fives) | 14 comments Went to six different shops, got a whole lot! Also got a free lantern ring, a walking dead patch and my sister got a free poster! And she got me three Star Wars comic! It was a whole lotta fun, found new comic book shops (found out one moved, too.) and, of course, got a ton of free stuff! You don't even have to know what some of the free comics are to want them!
It was probably my best Free Comic Book day yet!

message 5: by Christian (new)

Christian (christiansnow) | 4 comments How early would I have to get up in the morning to make good time on all that free stuff?

message 6: by Luis (new)

Luis BG (luisbg) | 2 comments When is it again?

message 7: by Grace (new)

Grace (Fives) | 14 comments The first Saturday of May! Also, May the Forth is Star Wars day (May the Forth be with you :D)

message 8: by Grace (new)

Grace (Fives) | 14 comments Christian wrote: "How early would I have to get up in the morning to make good time on all that free stuff?"

Whenever your comic book shops open like noon or 10 o'clock.

message 9: by Luis (new)

Luis BG (luisbg) | 2 comments Damn! I missed it.

message 10: by Travis (new)

Travis (travishiltz) | 415 comments Mine was pretty fun too. There were a ton of cosplayers, some pretty decent sales on back issues, I got Gail Simone's autograph and the middle Eastern place in the same plaza was doing a shwarma special.

Big crowd, so the free stuff was pretty picked over, but still got some good stuff and had fun.

message 11: by Robert (new)

Robert Wright (rhwright) | 64 comments My local shop was pretty fun and I had no problem getting the few books that were my must haves: Future's End (DC), Guardians of the Galaxy/Marvel preview, Archaia anthology hardcover (a FREE hardcover!). Some good new discoveries, too. Who thought I'd want to read a Les Miserables manga?

Prep for next year by keeping up with your local shop or at http://www.freecomicbookday.com.