Obsessed with True Crime discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > Death Penalty - Pros and cons

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

What is your opinion of the death penalty ? Do you think it should be used more frequently, less, or not at all ?

Do you think there are flaws in the system ?

Are there cases which should ALWAYS get the death penalty or is each one different ?

message 2: by Lady ♥ Belleza, Gif Princesa (new)

Lady ♥ Belleza (bella_foxx) | 3365 comments Mod
I'm opposed to the death penalty because, yes there are flaws. The system is run by men, who are imperfect and make mistakes.

For the last question, I don't think any case should get the death penalty.

message 3: by Mary Claire (last edited May 03, 2014 07:26AM) (new)

Mary Claire (mcmattiello) I don't believe in the death penalty. The biggest problem is that (as Bel said)mistakes can be made. I think life in prison for violent offenders is sufficient if they really get life. Yes, of course there are flaws and we should always be working to make it better. Every case if unique and should be tried that way.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Good answers ,ladies . I believe the same as you do, I am opposed to the death penalty. If we make mistakes even one time ,then we have killed an innocent man, which makes us no better than a murderer ourselves .

I also believe it'd be a lot worse to live your entire life in a cage like an animal and never, ever have a chance to get out again .

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm most definitely opposed to the death penalty. One innocent person executed is too many. Then there are other flaws such as this http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/ok....

I've never understood the logic behind executing people to teach that killing is wrong. Also, it doesn't seem to work as a deterrent.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Wow, Derek !
I've heard of a few stories like that . It's hard to feel sorry for the guy after hearing what he did, but if we are supposed to be a civilized country, and as long as the death penalty is currently legal, then it needs to be done properly . I guess those who believe in it would say the guy got what he deserved ?

What do any of you think of the states that used to allow the inmate to choose the WAY they kill them, such as Gary Gilmore in Utah ,who chose the firing squad . Should they get a choice about the way it's done ?

I think most states now use lethal injection .

Also, what does anyone think about using it on people who are mentally retarded ? Should they receive different treatment because of their disabilities ?

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.