Firequill Book Club discussion

YA Corner > Say Hi

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Firequill (last edited May 03, 2014 05:27AM) (new)

Firequill | 259 comments Mod
Introduce yourself to all the other YA.
We are going to be different for a change. Introduce yourself with a gif. Anything you feel that describe who you are.
I'm not a YA by age but I'll always be one by heart. I hope you all are going to have fun with this book club.

message 2: by Firequill (last edited May 03, 2014 05:33AM) (new)

I'm Erika and this is me.

description

message 3: by Firequill (new)

She doesn't want to move so I'm clearly doing it wrong. HAHAHAHA. She's suppose to move, so cute

message 4: by Firequill (new)

Awesome Amelia, love it

message 5: by Cassie C (new)

Cassie C | 15 comments Hey I'm Cassie! I have loved reading since I was little, and a day doesn't go by without me reading...seriously, it's like I go into withdraw or something haha. I'm always on Goodreads too :)

message 6: by Firequill (new)

Cassie C wrote: "Hey I'm Cassie! I have loved reading since I was little, and a day doesn't go by without me reading...seriously, it's like I go into withdraw or something haha. I'm always on Goodreads too :)"

Welcome Cassie, where is your gif. hahahahaha

message 7: by Cassie C (new)

Cassie C | 15 comments Ah! It didn't show up. Maybe I'm doing it wrong...can you help me lol?

message 8: by Firequill (new)

You go to some html is okay right next to add book and authors

Then you go to image
Copy and paste it.

You delete the http://www.goodreads.com/image... but not the ". This is where you copy the url from the pic you want to use. Look at the width and height of the pic and delete the 40 next to width and the 100 next to height but not the ". Add their dimentions of the pic in there.

It should work.
Hope it makes sense

message 9: by Firequill (new)

Hahahaha, it wanted to create an image but there was nothing. I hope you understand it.

message 10: by Cassie C (new)

Cassie C | 15 comments Hope this works...hahaha
description

message 11: by Firequill (new)

Hahahahaha, it's awesome

message 12: by Firequill (new)

I don't know why my elephant won't move her butt. It's so cute.

message 13: by Carey (new)

Carey Miller | 3 comments Hi, I'm Carey. Big-time reader trying to be an author. Here's my gif hopefully.

message 14: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne Woods (adriennewoods03) | 44 comments Carey wrote: "Hi, I'm Carey. Big-time reader trying to be an author. Here's my gif hopefully.

"

I love this. Hi Carey, hope mine will work.
My name is Adrienne, and this is how I feel most of the time. hahahahaha.

description

message 15: by A.D. (last edited May 04, 2014 02:21PM) (new)

A.D. Trosper (adtrosper) LOL, Adrienne. I feel like that a lot too.

Hi my name is Audra, not YA in age but I love to read and write it. This is mine, hopefully it works

message 16: by Firequill (new)

A.D. wrote: "LOL, Adrienne. I feel like that a lot too.

Hi my name is Audra, not YA in age but I love to read and write it. This is mine, hopefully it works

"

That is amazing. I don't know why my elephant doesn't want to work and Jim Carrey isn't running around either. I think SA is doing something wrong. HAHAHAHA

message 17: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (samanthasnyder) Hi, my name's Samantha. I've always been a fan of YA, and I feel that won't change with age. happy to be here!
description

message 18: by Firequill (new)

Samantha wrote: "Hi, my name's Samantha. I've always been a fan of YA, and I feel that won't change with age. happy to be here!
"

Welcome Samantha. On my side it shows there is an image error with your gif. Yeah, I think most of us are YA at heart. Won't change soon either.

message 19: by Miguel (new)

Miguel (thequirkyreader) Hey! I'm Miguel and I'm a YA who loves YA! And this me every time I go to a bookstore:

message 20: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne Woods (adriennewoods03) | 44 comments A.D. wrote: "LOL, Adrienne. I feel like that a lot too.

"

A.D. I think every author feels like that at a stage. Especially if all our characters won't shut up. hahahahaha

message 21: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne Woods (adriennewoods03) | 44 comments Miguel wrote: "Hey! I'm Miguel and I'm a YA who loves YA! And this me every time I go to a bookstore:

"

Hahahahaha, Miguel that is awesome. I love it.

message 22: by Firequill (new)

Miguel wrote: "Hey! I'm Miguel and I'm a YA who loves YA! And this me every time I go to a bookstore:

"

Yours are awesome Miguel, welcome to Fire Quill Book CLub

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh well, this old woman tried to figure out the HTML for twenty minutes without any good results. I'll just paint a picture for you, so use your imagination. Imagine a short, chubby but not fat (I'm only 136 pds), long-haired (dishwater blond) hippie that likes wearing peace sign, Jimmy Hendrix, and Bob Marley teeshirts. I love reading YA but have trouble finding a lot of people my age that like to read it. I have lots of friends on GR's that are under 18 and lots of friends my own age. I'm pretty diverse and accepting of all. Hope you will accept an old woman into the world of YA in this group :D

message 24: by Firequill (new)

Cindy wrote: "Oh well, this old woman tried to figure out the HTML for twenty minutes without any good results. I'll just paint a picture for you, so use your imagination. Imagine a short, chubby but not fat (I'..."

Hahahha, Cindy we all have problems with the HTML button at times. Believe me they are impossible to get use to. Glad you said hi

message 25: by Chris (new)

Chris Longmuir (chrislongmuir) | 10 comments Hi, I'm Chris Longmuir. I'm a writer. I have 3 books in my Dundee crime series, 1 book in my new Kirsty Campbell series, a romantic (gritty) saga, and a non fiction book looking at Crime fiction and indies. I'll try to add my Gif, but I've never done this before, even though I'm a bit of a techie who builds her own computers. Here goes. If it works, this is me writing!
[image error]
http://gifgifs.com/anime/naruto/

message 26: by Chris (new)

Chris Longmuir (chrislongmuir) | 10 comments Chris wrote: "Hi, I'm Chris Longmuir. I'm a writer. I have 3 books in my Dundee crime series, 1 book in my new Kirsty Campbell series, a romantic (gritty) saga, and a non fiction book looking at Crime fiction an..."#

It hasn't worked!

message 27: by Firequill (new)

Awww Chris, we all have that problems, mine is suppose to wiggle her huge bum but it doesn't work either. It can be sometimes frustrating. Glad you said Hi

message 28: by Chris (new)

Chris Longmuir (chrislongmuir) | 10 comments All mine did was say "image error". Duh!

message 29: by Firequill (new)

Hahahahaha, you pressed something wrong in the link, you do know about the link you have to paste in there...or the gif is faulty, lol.

message 30: by Chris (new)

Chris Longmuir (chrislongmuir) | 10 comments I'm an ignoramus, it was the first time i'd tried to do it.