Better Off Friends
This topic is about Better Off Friends
Group Reads > Better Off Friends

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer, The Paranormal One (new) - added it

Jennifer (ivashkovlover) | 3376 comments Mod
Better Off Friends by Elizabeth Eulberg

For Macallan and Levi, it was friends at first sight. Everyone says guys and girls can’t be just friends, but these two are. They hang out after school, share tons of inside jokes, their families are super close, and Levi even starts dating one of Macallan’s friends. They are platonic and happy that way.

Eventually they realize they’re best friends — which wouldn’t be so bad if they didn’t keep getting in each other’s way. Guys won’t ask Macallan out because they think she’s with Levi, and Levi spends too much time joking around with Macallan, and maybe not enough time with his date. They can’t help but wonder . . . are they more than friends or are they better off without making it even more complicated?

From romantic comedy superstar Elizabeth Eulberg comes a fresh, fun examination of a question for the ages: Can guys and girls ever really be just friends? Or are they always one fight away from not speaking again — and one kiss away from true love?

message 2: by Jennifer, The Paranormal One (new) - added it

Jennifer (ivashkovlover) | 3376 comments Mod
I LOVE best friends turned lovers storylines so I just loved this book. It was very When Harry Met Sally. So cute! I loved the little convos between chapters. It was nice to see them meet and then grow up and get together.

Irena BookDustMagic | 54 comments i read this book when it came out and really liked it. i liked how this book was more about growing up together then the love story itself.

message 4: by Hatsunekai (last edited May 04, 2014 12:22AM) (new)

Hatsunekai Aribal | 7 comments In the beginning they started off as friends...

I love the depth of this book. There's a lot of internal struggle here. It's like a guide through adolescence. When there comes a time when you're under a load of muck in your teenage life, this is the book to consult to. It's not a conventional friends-turned-lovers kind of book because it deals more about growing up and realising truths about yourself. It's not all about them. It's about life. There's a lot of "relationship" involved here because it doesn't just deal with love and friendship but also family, reputations and society. It deals with things that teenagers think about all the time. Even though some of these things sound shallow or unimportant to some, it's true to teens. The book shows how they see their lives at their age and how they're dealing with getting older while being treated young. As a teen, I can definitely relate to this. It's a lot of pressure to have to think like a grown up but act like a kid because there's aways that part of you that wants to become and adult but doesn't want the responsibilities that come with it. It's a great read and I'd give it 3.5 stars.

Cora (houff97) | 8 comments I loved everything about this book. I couldn't stop once I started reading it!

Shabyra | 3 comments Irena wrote: "i read this book when it came out and really liked it. i liked how this book was more about growing up together then the love story itself."

i totally agree with you!

Tracey (addicted_to_reading) The ending annoyed me but other than that, I liked this book. Some of the reviews I read made me think I would hate this book, and I did in certain parts. I'm glad I was able to enjoy it for what it was and not dwell on the ridiculousness that was Macallan and Levi. I knew how this was going to end and hated how the relationship finally came about. It felt rushed and Frankensteined.