SA Book & Challenge Lovers discussion

Monthly Nominations > June - July Book of the Month (Assassins)

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lu (last edited May 03, 2014 12:11AM) (new)

Lu | 12629 comments Mod
One Nomination per person (2 if you really can't decide).

The book you nominate has to be "Assassins"

Nominations will be open until the 10th of May.

*** Can you host the discussion if your nomination is chosen? ***

To be a discussion Host you are agreeing to:
- read the book you nominated at the beginning of the month, if you haven't already read it.
- start the discussion in both the spoiler and spoiler-free threads by posting your thoughts and a few simple questions for readers to think/talk about
- inform the group if you're unable to host the discussion or will only be reading the book later in the month.

You may also offer to be the Host for someone else's nomination.

message 2: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12629 comments Mod
The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood (I assume it has something to do with Assassins)

message 3: by Zuleka (new)

message 4: by Lauren (last edited May 03, 2014 01:43PM) (new)

Lauren Smith Lu (Sugar & Snark) wrote: "The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood (I assume it has something to do with Assassins)"

Umm, yes, but I don't know if it's enough to count. I've only read the first bit, which had nothing do with assassins, so I skimmed some reviews. It's about two sisters, one of whom - Laura - died driving her car off a bridge. Laura wrote a novel about two lovers. The guy in this novel tells his lover science fiction stories, some of which include a blind assassin.

So I don't know how much assassins actually feature in the novel. It's seems to be mostly about the sisters. The blind assassin seems primarily symbolic, with the actual blind assassin featuring only in stories within a story within the story. Basically I don't think you could say it's about assassins, although I'd like to hear from someone who's read the book.

message 5: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12629 comments Mod
Ah I see. Anyone that has read it?

message 6: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12629 comments Mod
Bump

message 7: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12629 comments Mod
I read a few reviews and yea there is an assassin in it, but also not sure how much the assassin features :( Just gonna go with it as nobody else has said anything and the nominations just says Assassins and doesn't specify how much the assassin needs to be in.

Poll: https://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/1...