The Green Jell-O Book Club: A Goodreads Group about Fiction Written by LDS Authors discussion

Books by Genre > Romance: Contemporary

Comments Showing 1-50 of 561 (561 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

message 1: by A.L. (new)

A.L. Sowards | 2478 comments Romance is a huge category, but it's not my go-to genre, so I'm hoping others will chime in.

I read Painting Kisses by Melanie Jacobson Painting Kisses by Melanie Jacobson last year and was really impressed with how well she described everything.

And Double Play by Ranee S. Clark Double Play by Ranee S. Clark is on my to-read list because Ranee is awesome and I heard the book had a good discussion of modesty. I'm have two daughters, so I'm sure discussions about modesty will come up sooner rather than later in our house.

message 2: by Charissa (new)

Charissa (charissastastny) | 169 comments I love everything by Jennifer Peel. Great characters, witty dialogue, clean romances that make me smile.
The Girl in Seat 24B by Jennifer Peel Professional Boundaries by Jennifer Peel House Divided by Jennifer Peel Trouble in Loveland by Jennifer Peel Jessie Belle (The Women of Merryton #1) by Jennifer Peel Other Side of the Wall by Jennifer Peel His Personal Relationship Manager by Jennifer Peel

message 3: by Charissa (new)

Charissa (charissastastny) | 169 comments Taylor Dean also has great clean romantic reads that are like desserts to me.
Joshua's Folly by Taylor Dean Girl of Mine by Taylor Dean For Nick by Taylor Dean I Have People by Taylor Dean I'm With You by Taylor Dean

message 4: by Charissa (new)

Charissa (charissastastny) | 169 comments These were good too by Sally Johnson
The Skeleton in My Closet Wears a Wedding Dress by Sally Johnson Worth Waiting For (The Skeleton in My Closet #2) by Sally Johnson

message 5: by Katie (last edited Apr 04, 2016 03:31PM) (new)

Katie W | 14 comments I just read Duchess by Nikki Wilson, who is a new author! I thought it was a great story, especially by someone who is new to the publishing world.
Duchess by Nikki Wilson

message 6: by Charissa (new)

Charissa (charissastastny) | 169 comments This sounds good. Thanks for the tip.

message 7: by Alisa (last edited Apr 11, 2016 03:29PM) (new)

Alisa | 24 comments A.L. wrote: "Alisa wrote: "How do you get the books to show up and not just the link?"

On top of the comment box (mid-right) is some text that says "add book/author." Click on that and do a search for the book..."

A.L. wrote: "Alisa wrote: "How do you get the books to show up and not just the link?"

On top of the comment box (mid-right) is some text that says "add book/author." Click on that and do a search for the book..."

I second everything by Jennifer Peel!

Also anything by Janette Rallison or Rachael Anderson.
My Fair Godmother (My Fair Godmother, #1) by Janette Rallison Just One Wish by Janette Rallison My Unfair Godmother (My Fair Godmother, #2) by Janette Rallison My Double Life by Janette Rallison All's Fair in Love, War, and High School (Pullman High #2) by Janette Rallison How to Take the Ex Out of Ex-Boyfriend by Janette Rallison Son of War, Daughter of Chaos by Janette Rallison A Longtime -and at one point illegal- Crush by Janette Rallison Masquerade by Janette Rallison The Girl Who Heard Demons by Janette Rallison

The Reluctant Bachelorette by Rachael Anderson Prejudice Meets Pride (Meet Your Match, #1) by Rachael Anderson Working it Out by Rachael Anderson Righting a Wrong (Ripple Effect Romance #3) by Rachael Anderson Rough Around the Edges Meets Refined (Meet Your Match, #2) by Rachael Anderson Stick in the Mud Meets Spontaneity (Meet Your Match #3) by Rachael Anderson

Royal Chase Royal Chase by Sariah Wilson by Sariah Wilson (this is the second book in the series so you may want to start with the first one, but if I remember correctly this one can stand alone)

The Kiss That Launched 1,000 Gifs The Kiss That Launched 1,000 Gifs by Sheralyn Pratt by Sheralyn Pratt

I may come back and add more later, but this is a good start!

message 8: by A.L. (new)

A.L. Sowards | 2478 comments Sounds like lots of good books! Thank you everyone for the suggestions!

message 9: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 19 comments Sarah Eden. I'm not usually a romance fan, but I love Sarah. She does such a great job of creating romances based on solid friendship and respect (along with plenty of chemistry!). Those are the romances I like--not the story where the woman falls in love with a dangerous jerk because he has such great abs ;)

message 10: by A.L. (new)

A.L. Sowards | 2478 comments Amen, Stephanie! When the whole book is about hormones, I find myself wishing a serial killer would show up and take out either the hero or the heroine or both (or at least chase them). That would kind of change the genre of the story, or end it, but, yeah, I like romance to be more than physical attraction. And I like the main characters to have some self-control, no matter how hot their romantic interest is.

message 11: by Charissa (new)

Charissa (charissastastny) | 169 comments Did you read Pimpernel Pimpernel by Sheralyn Pratt by Sheralyn Pratt? It's amazing!

Alisa wrote: "I second everything by Jennifer Peel!

Also anything by Janette Rallison or Rachael Anderson.

Royal Chase by Sariah Wilson (this is the second book in the series so you may want to..."

message 12: by Alisa (new)

Alisa | 24 comments Yes I did read Pimpernel and I loved it! I couldn't figure out which genre to post it in because it wasn't primarily a romance... I guess this is as good a place as any! ;) (P.S. - How do you get the books to show up and not just the link? It looks like I'm the only person who doesn't know how to do it)

message 13: by A.L. (new)

A.L. Sowards | 2478 comments Alisa wrote: "How do you get the books to show up and not just the link?"

On top of the comment box (mid-right) is some text that says "add book/author." Click on that and do a search for the book or author. There are two tabs: "book" and "author." At the bottom of the search results you can click on link or cover for books, link or photo for author.

message 14: by Alisa (new)

Alisa | 24 comments A.L. wrote: "Alisa wrote: "How do you get the books to show up and not just the link?"

Thanks A.L.! That was easy enough - I just didn't scroll down far enough to see that option!

message 15: by A.L. (new)

A.L. Sowards | 2478 comments It's a fun tool!

message 16: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cathyj) | 63 comments I completely agree with Jennifer Peel, she's amazing! Also love Melanie Jacobsen, Sheralyn Pratt, Karey White, Michele Paige Holmes, Josi Kilpack, Rachael Anderson, Renee S Clark. I'm sure I could come up with more...

message 17: by Charissa (new)

Charissa (charissastastny) | 169 comments I agree with Cathy. All those authors write great books. Painting Kisses by Melanie Jacobson Always Will by Melanie Jacobson My Own Mr. Darcy by Karey White Broken Things to Mend by Karey White The Husband Maker (The Husband Maker, Book 1) by Karey White The Match Maker (The Husband Maker, Book 2) by Karey White The Wife Maker (The Husband Maker, #3) by Karey White Loving Helen (Hearthfire Romance, #2) by Michele Paige Holmes Saving Grace (A Hearthfire Romance #1) by Michele Paige Holmes Marrying Christopher (A Hearthfire Romance Book 3) by Michele Paige Holmes Playing for Keeps by Ranee S. Clark

message 19: by Charissa (new)

Charissa (charissastastny) | 169 comments This was one of my favorite books this year. Kelly Oram is a fantastic writer. Here's my review of If We Were a Movie by Kelly Oram
https://joyinthemoments.wordpress.com...

message 20: by Charissa (new)

Charissa (charissastastny) | 169 comments Here's my review of Jennifer's PRM His Personal Relationship Manager by Jennifer Peel
https://joyinthemoments.wordpress.com...

message 21: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cathyj) | 63 comments I thought of a few more Christina Dymock/Lucy McConnell and all the other others at gelatobooks.com too!

message 22: by Charissa (new)

Charissa (charissastastny) | 169 comments Just finished Jennifer Peel's newest one--great book about second chances and forgiveness. Taylor Lynne (The Women of Merryton, #2) by Jennifer Peel
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 23: by Charissa (new)

Charissa (charissastastny) | 169 comments And this was another great one about a married couple working out their differences. The {Re}Model Marriage by Maria Hoagland

message 24: by Alisa (new)

Alisa | 24 comments I just looked at the Whitney Awards from last year and saw that Kasie West is an LDS author so that gives me lots more books to add here! She writes mostly Young Adult, but my 13-year-old daughter and I love everything she writes!
Pivot Point (Pivot Point, #1) by Kasie West Split Second (Pivot Point, #2) by Kasie West The Distance Between Us by Kasie West The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West On the Fence by Kasie West

message 25: by A.L. (new)

A.L. Sowards | 2478 comments New release:

Love Under Construction (Indulgence Row, #2) by Danyelle Ferguson Love Under Construction by Danyelle Ferguson

Charlee is angry…

What do you do when your boss makes someone else the lead on a big renovation project that should rightfully be yours? You quit. On second thought, that might not be the best idea, but Charlee Jackson has never been one for second thoughts. Instead, she lands a big contract of her own. She’s jumping into her new life—work boots, tool belt and all. Now she just needs to form a company and hire contractors and buy supplies and get an office and not fall in love with her former boss’s son. Yeah. Definitely not that last one.

Peter is torn…

You can’t date someone who works for you, but now that his dad let Charlee walk out the door, Peter Elliot is considering his options. Charlee was their top renovation expert, his best friend’s sister, and the only thing that made the drudgery of running a large construction business bearable. But how do you date a competitor, especially one your father is trying to drive out of business? It would be stupid to make your dad angry right before he retires and hands the company over to you. Right?

When Charlee and Peter are scheduled to work on the same Indulgence Row house, their feelings and priorities are put to the test. They need to make a choice, and they better be quick about it, because the whole mixture is curing fast and threatening to crumble to pieces.

message 26: by A.L. (new)

Fifth Generation Cowboy An Inspirational Western Romance (Three Rivers Ranch Romance Book 4) by Liz Isaacson Fifth Generation Cowboy: An Inspirational Western Romance by Liz Isaacson

Can Tom and Rose navigate their friendship to find a new brand of happily ever after?

The only thing Tom Lovell knows is ranching, having been raised by a single dad on a Montana cattle ranch before moving to Three Rivers Ranch. He’s watched other men on the ranch get hitched one by one, but he’s not sure he’s the marrying type. His mother’s abandonment when he was a child colors how he sees women, and besides, he’s a fifth generation cowboy, and that’s enough for him.

Rose Reyes has been raising her Autistic child, Mari, by herself for seven years. She’s frustrated she doesn’t have an adult to talk to after a long day at work, that her ex-husband seems to have moved on without a care about Mari while Rose is determined to wait until she’s older before dating again. Though Mari’s been improving due to her equine therapy, she’s moody and sometimes explosive, and Rose just wants a break from it all.

She confesses to Tom that she feels completely out of control of her life. He doesn’t judge her for her feelings or shortcomings, and instead offers to help fix her leaking kitchen sink and mow her overgrown lawn. As Tom and Rose spend more time together, Tom realizes his friendship with Rose could grow into something more–if he’d let it. Tom and Rose will need faith and love to navigate the road from friendship to something more, without risking Mari in the process.

message 27: by A.L. (new)

Sweet & Sassy Anthology Sand and Kisses by Elana Johnson Sweet & Sassy Anthology: Sand and Kisses by Elana Johnson, Candice N. Toone, Cindy M Hogan, Donna Weaver, and Jo Noelle

Five new clean romance novellas from Sweet & Sassy Anthologies. 

Open for Love by Elana Johnson
Sabrina Arnold loves running her family's Bed & Breakfast in sunny New Orleans. What she doesn't love is the new establishment going up right next door. While Bri's snooping around the place to see how it compares to hers, she's caught by tall, dark, and handsome Carter Hammond.
What she doesn't know is that Carter owns the property where she's trespassing, though he claims he doesn't. He's in New Orleans to start his first business venture, get out from underneath his father's thumb, and learn about the mother he's never known. As he and Bri spend more time together, he knows it's only a matter of time before she finds out that he owns the building she hates. Can their fledgling, summer love survive against the odds?

Secrets in the Sand by Cindy M. Hogan
Sometimes staying hidden, even for a spy, is nearly impossible.

Christy Hadden, spy extraordinaire, thinks she’s created the perfect getaway in beautiful South Beach, Florida. A place where she and her handler, Jeremy, can give their forbidden romance a chance - in secret.

But when they hear cries of alarm in an alley nearby, they can’t resist the pull to help, even if it exposes them. And when Christy becomes a person of interest in a murder committed in that same alley, they must hunt down the real killers and clear
Christy's name.

In this game of hide and seek, it seems their secret is sure to be found out. Christy may have to choose between the love of her life and her life's purpose - and the stakes are higher than she ever bargained for.

Life’s a Beach by Jo Noelle
Jenna Brennan doesn’t believe in love. She doesn’t believe in marriage, and she’s learned to only count on herself. At her Uncle Walter’s insistence, and a little emotional blackmail, she returns to Misty Harbor Cottages to help him for one last summer in a place that's really the only home she’s ever known.
Cole Zamora has worked at Misty Harbor for more than half of his twenty-three years, and imagined someday owning the place. He met Jenna when they were ten-years-old, and his young heart fell hard for her, relishing every summer she came back. That is, until two years ago, when she broke his heart and never returned.
Uncle Walter proposes a challenge between the two, with the winner becoming the new owner of Misty Harbor. Now, there’s a real chance Cole could lose his heart and his home. Jenna isn’t sure which worries her more—a summer of rivalry or romance?

The Upgrade by Candice Toone
Moving on after college can be tough. Especially when former sorority president and dance team captain, Amanda Ford, takes a job at her alma mater. Her big plans to help host a study abroad tour to Peru and to launch a dance fitness program back on campus nearly come undone when she meets Spencer Elliott, an adorable undergrad who’d love to date the girl she used to be. She gives in to a final hurrah date, but regrets that choice when Spencer shows up at the study abroad orientation. Customs regulations, professional insecurities and social unrest combine to challenge Amanda’s developing professional prowess, often leaving her pitifully vulnerable to the unfortunate combination of an emerging sense of self, a handsome near-stranger, and a beautiful Peruvian beach.

Surfboards and Star Trek by Donea Lee Weaver
When Anna meets much-younger-looking Derek while on vacation at the beach-it’s not exactly love at first sight. How could a handsome surfer be interested in a divorcee like her? When she finds their age difference is nominal and that she and Derek share a love for all things Star Trek, she hopes love might blossom. But, long-distance relationships are tough. And when a waitress mistakes her for Derek’s mom, she starts to doubt the budding romance. Can a California surf-connoisseur and an older woman who sucks at all things water-sports find enough common ground to make a relationship work?

message 28: by A.L. (new)

Curl Up With A Cowboy An Anthology of Modern Cowboy Romances by Liz Isaacson Curl Up With A Cowboy: An Anthology of Modern Cowboy Romances by Liz Isaacson, Jolene Betty Perry, Lindzee Armstrong, Kimberly Krey, Kelli Ann Morgan, Cassie Mae, and Cindi Madsen *(I'm not sure if all these authors are LDS, but at least some of them are)

Seven modern cowboy romances.

Lights, Cowboy, Action by Cindi Madsen: Kaia Bardot is determined to move out from under her famous father’s shadow and prove she deserves her own director title, but when her lead actor needs cowboy lessons, she hires the cowboy who owns the ranch to help. Grady Langston wants nothing to do with the movie, but despite being opposites, there’s definitely a spark between him and Kaia. But how do a Hollywood director and small town cowboy manage a real life happy ending?

Southern Kicks by Cassie Mae: Daisha’s determined to be the good country wife after a sudden passing of her father-in-law leaves her with a ranch to manage with her husband. Every day Austin’s worried he’s letting his wife down by taking her away from all the things she’s loved. When nothing on the new ranch goes quite right, the newly married couple struggles to remember all that they’ve promised each other. But with the help of a temperamental horse, fabulous shoes, and a pile of manure… anything’s possible.

Holden’s Heart by Kelli Ann Morgan: Olivia Blake arrives at Silver Springs ready to escape a failed relationship and an unwanted admirer, so when an innocent kiss puts those around her in jeopardy, she must decide what’s more dangerous–face the threat alone or take another chance on love. Kane doesn’t want to see his homestead turned into a retreat destination for romance reading fangirls, so he devises a plan to get rid of the city-slicking novelist coming to tour, but after one glimpse at love’s possibilities, he must decide if his pride is worth losing the woman who’s opened his heart.

Ranch Hand for Auction by Kimberly Krey: Meg has left her Montana home, earned her bachelor’s degree, and lived out her dream of selling her art. But now her life is in limbo. Stay in Colorado with a man who won’t commit, or call it quits and move back to her home state. Her answer comes in the form of Jake Billings, a woman-courting, dimple-sporting cowboy her father bids on at the county fair. The auctioned ranch hand is meant to help Meg process grapes on her father’s land, but along the way he steals her heart. Can Meg trust this sudden shift in direction, or will she be drawn back to the man she left behind?

Cupcakes and Cowboys by Lindzee Armstrong: Cassidy wants two things—to make her cupcake shop a success, and to forget that her fiancé who traded her for the lights of Hollywood. When Jase—best friend of her ex and A-list actor—shows up at the ranch to research an upcoming role, forgetting is the last thing she can do. Can Jase convince her he’s really a country boy at heart?

Chasing Kisses by Jolene Betty Perry: With graduate school starting in the fall, Chelsea Noble is finally spending some much needed relaxing time on her dad’s ranch. She can’t wait to see her good friend, Bradley, and maybe finally get a shot at his older brother, Clayton. But when Clayton isn’t quite as great as she remembered, and Bradley’s more grown up than she realized…Chelsea’s relaxing summer is suddenly much more interesting than she bargained for.

Sixth Street Love Affair by Liz Isaacson: After losing his wife a few years back, Garth Ahlstrom thinks he’s ready for a second chance at love. But Juliette Thompson has a secret that could destroy their budding relationship. Can they find the strength, patience, and faith to make things work?

message 29: by A.L. (new)

Alexis Western Hearts Series by Kate Palmer Alexis: Western Hearts Series by Kate Palmer

A schedule-driven therapist lassoes a mystery along with a charming doctor.

Alexis is a talented therapist and horse lover. Her ranch provides valuable physical therapy on horseback for special needs children. She is focused on finding funding to keep her ranch going through the winter.

When the extremely attractive and very charming Dr. Gabriel Torres comes to stay at the ranch for three months and interrupts her carefully planned program, Alexis fights to keep her clients happy and her heart away from him. She has no interest in a relationship that must end with the summer.

But when an ancient piece of pottery ropes in a mystery, Gabriel may be the only one who can keep Alexis and her heart safe.

message 30: by A.L. (new)

A.L. Sowards | 2478 comments New Release:

Four Chambers by Julie Wright Four Chambers by Julie Wright

Every time Andra Stone crosses paths with Everett Covington, trouble follows. First she loses her scholarship. Then she loses the apartment she’d wanted more than anything. But tragedy hits hardest when she loses her grandmother—the best friend Andra has ever known. She determines that Everett is a talisman of ill fortune. When Everett comes to work in her hospital and is applying for the same position she’d been working toward since residency, Andra believes him to be her personal poltergeist.

The human heart has four chambers—four chances to get it right. Andra has only one chance left.

A Power of the Matchmaker book.

message 31: by A.L. (new)

The Independent One A Billionaire Bride Pact Romance by Cami Checketts The Independent One: A Billionaire Bride Pact Romance by Cami Checketts

Haley Turnbow escapes to the tropical Isla del Sol for an ideal vacation with her five-year old. She doesn’t plan on the resident ghost stalking her and the island’s fine-looking owner drawing her in with his confident, fun personality.
Cal Johnson is king of his own island, happy and busy. A beautiful mom and her wild little boy flip his world upside down. He falls in love with both of them knowing they’re going to leave at the end of their vacation and he might not recover from the loss.
Can these two independent adults trust their hearts or is it not worth the risk?

A Billionaire Bride Pact Book.

message 32: by Charissa (new)

Charissa (charissastastny) | 169 comments Alisa wrote: "I just looked at the Whitney Awards from last year and saw that Kasie West is an LDS author so that gives me lots more books to add here! She writes mostly Young Adult, but my 13-year-old daughter ..."

Thanks, Alisa. I love finding good YA books. I'll look up these.

message 33: by A.L. (new)

Bethany's New Reality by Rachel John Bethany's New Reality by Rachel John

We didn’t talk about the reality show as we drove to the airport. I didn’t want to hash it out again. I just wanted to get it over with before I chickened out. Kind of like the time we went bungee jumping.

Turning thirty and surrounded by married couples, Bethany Parks does something she never thought she’d try—reality TV dating. Although finding love would be nice, she’s mostly looking for a fun distraction.

Bethany thinks she’s prepared for aggressive cameras and competitive flirting, but this is a show like no other. The provided wardrobe is a collection of the worst fashion trends of all time, and even more disturbing, they’ve brought on everyone’s exes, including Todd, her most recent dating mistake. He’s the last person in the world she wants to mingle with while sporting ‘mom’ jeans.

Things aren’t all bad. Her new buddy Tyson has her back, and Bethany can’t keep her eyes off the gorgeous and mysterious Carter. But is he only flirting to pass the time, or could it be something more? One thing is certain, his crazy ex doesn’t want Bethany anywhere near him. With all this uncertainty, she knows she’ll have to protect her heart. Because on a show like this, the worst thing might actually be falling in love.

message 34: by A.L. (new)

A Little in Love With You A Love at First Note Novella by Jenny Proctor A Little in Love With You: A Love at First Note Novella by Jenny Proctor

Lilly has all but given up on her love life. It’s been ages since she’s even seen a smile from a guy, much less had a real conversation. Until she meets Travis—cute, in the hippie rugged way she likes, quirky, funny, charming, and completely NOT eligible. Expectant fathers on the labor and delivery floor of the hospital where she works generally aren’t. Plus, a guy that would hit on a nurse while his wife is in labor? Yeah. Don’t date that guy.

But there’s more to Trav’s story than Lilly first understands. Older brothers can be supportive too, after all. Despite their rocky start, and an old flame that just won’t fizzle out already, Lilly and Trav hang onto their hopes that maybe, they really can have a future together.

message 35: by A.L. (new)

Pride and Politics by Brittany Larsen Pride and Politics by Brittany Larsen

As the daughter of a well-known senator, Summer Knight is all too familiar with the nasty side of politics. She’s always stayed out of the drama, until an incident involving her fellow Mormons drives her out of her hometown—and out of the Church. What she needs is a change of scene, and sunny California seems like just the place. Enter Benson Hardy. He’s just her type—until she finds out who he is. Not only is Benson a nephew to her father’s political rival, he’s also a devout member of the Church. The last thing Summer wants is to be mixed up in politics—or religion. But Benson challenges her like no one else, asking the tough questions about her inactivity. Though their incompatibility is clear, their connection is undeniable, and soon Summer finds the embers of her faith reigniting. Just as it seems that the pair might be on the road to romance, a series of embarrassing misunderstandings—and the appearance of a handsome charmer determined to sweep Summer off her feet—knock the couple completely off course. As Summer finds herself at a crossroads, she must decide if she’s willing to set her pride aside for a shot at true love.

message 36: by A.L. (new)

A Timeless Romance Anthology Road Trip Collection by Jolene Betty Perry A Timeless Romance Anthology: Road Trip Collection by Jolene Betty Perry, Aubrey Mace, Annette Lyon, Ranee S. Clark, Heather B. Moore, and Sarah M Eden.

Six new contemporary romance novellas.

WHAT FALLING FEELS LIKE by Jolene Betty Perry
High school was years ago, and Kendell is ready to admit that Tyler, her best friend’s younger brother, has matured into a good-looking man. But the once-popular Kendell is recovering from a marriage-gone-wrong, and she regrets turning Tyler down for high school prom. On their road trip to deliver a refurbished camper, Kendell rediscovers all the reasons she liked Tyler, but it might be too late to rekindle their friendship.

ANTIQUES ROAD TRIP by Sarah M. Eden
Kelsey is living out her dream for the weekend as she participates in a reality show contest by living on an 18th century film set. The contestant who wins the show receives a trip to England and $100k, more than enough to get her through grad school. When she meets Devon, who was coerced by his sister to participate, friendship blossoms. When things go wrong for Kelsey, Devon is there to help, and she soon realizes that winning the contest isn’t what she most desires.

WOULDN’T IT BE NICE by Ranee` S. Clark
When Jacqueline’s boyfriend Colin drops out of their long-planned road trip with friends to put his job first—again—it’s the final nail in the coffin of their dying relationship. But then Hudson, her best friend’s brother, takes Colin’s spot for the road trip, and Jacqueline’s disappointment in her ex takes a back seat to the chance for reestablishing the close ties she once had with Hudson. When their friendship detours into romance, it forces Jacqueline to question her reasons for breaking up with Colin and her future with Hudson.

HEAD OVER HEELS by Annette Lyon
Tristan is proud to be an entrepreneur, running a popular singles’ lifestyle blog. So when she gets an offer to cover a singles convention in Las Vegas, she needs to find a way to get there from another freelance job in Salt Lake without breaking into her personal savings. Her friend sets her up with a co-worker who happens to be driving that way, and Tristan is more than surprised to come face-to-face with a man she has a lot in common with, not to mention seems to click with right away. The two decide to play a prank on Tristan’s friend, and pretend that they are smitten with each other, but soon, the lines between pretend and reality start to fade.

TWO DOZEN ROSES by Heather B. Moore
Dayna reluctantly takes time out of her busy work life to drive her mother up the Pacific Coast Highway from California to her brother’s home in Oregon. Strangely enough, they keep running into two brothers who are traveling the same route in honor of their sister’s memory. The older brother Garrett is a merciless flirt, but the younger brother Roman is who captures Dayna’s attention. Soon she realizes that the brothers are extremely competitive, and she’s just become their next target.

TRY, TRY AGAIN by Aubrey Mace
Sarah’s secret crush on Justin takes a sudden turn when he breaks up with his girlfriend and declares that he’s interested in Sarah. She believes he’s just on the rebound, and they slowly drift apart. Six months later, Sarah still can’t stop thinking about what might have been. She ropes her friend into taking a road trip to visit Justin, hoping for a second chance. When Justin sees her, he wants answers, and Sarah has to decide if she’s brave enough to finally tell him the truth.

message 37: by A.L. (new)

Almost Everything (Destination Billionaire Romance) by Taylor Hart Almost Everything by Taylor Hart

Billionaire Montana Crew, country music superstar, thought he’d put the cheating best friend and ex-fiancé in the past. When the ex appears backstage bearing the news of his friend’s death and thrusting an envelope in his hands, he’s shocked and a little annoyed.

Lily Ray Gold, L.R. Gold to her associates at the law firm, doesn’t want to deliver the envelope with her best friend’s last wishes. Nothing could have convinced her to look the ‘King of Country’ in the eye again… except Jason. She’d do it and she wouldn’t lie, telling Montana she was finally done with him would feel awesome!

When Montana shows up at Lily’s law firm and extorts her into helping him figure out what Jason wants him to do, neither of them would have expected getting caught up doing their high school bucket list by surfing in Hawaii, riding in a hot air balloon, and climbing Devil’s Tower.

They both agree to finish the list for their friend, but when Montana proposes, Lily has to make a choice—tell the truth or never have almost everything she’s ever truly wanted.

message 38: by A.L. (new)

While You Were Stranded (Chick Flick Clique, #4) by Heather Horrocks While You Were Stranded by Heather Horrocks

When 26-year-old Grace Holden’s car breaks down outside Aspen Grove, California, the town’s mechanic takes her to Candy’s Café—where they run into his ex-fiancée and he impulsively claims Grace is his date.

Unaware that Ethan’s words and her mother’s ring have set tongues wagging, Grace is unexpectedly charmed by the town, its occupants, and the warm welcome she’s receiving. When she learns what people think, the mechanic begs her to pretend to be his fiancée, just until her car is repaired, to help him win back his girl by making her jealous.

When the repairs unexpectedly stretch into weeks, the charade becomes more complicated as she finds herself drawn to the townspeople—and especially to Jake Taylor, Aspen Grove’s handsome mayor and the brother of Ethan’s ex-fiancée Lindsey. Jake is understandably antagonistic and suspicious and protective of his sister, even as he is attracted to this new woman in town.

Before Grace knows it, she has a place to stay, a temporary job, and invitations to join the Chick Flick Clique and to help with the town’s Christmas Festival. With friends filling the void in Grace’s heart, Aspen Grove is beginning to feel like the home she wants, but will her part in the deception cost her the good will—and perhaps even love—of people she’s come to care about?

Part of the Chick Flick Clique series.

message 39: by A.L. (new)

Loving Roxie by G.G. Vandagriff Loving Roxie by G.G. Vandagriff

What keeps Roxie from finding love? Why does she always run away from potential relationships? Perhaps a trip to Florence will help her to understand her problems more clearly.

Powerfully attracted to the rakishly handsome Stefano, she takes off before their first coffee date is over. It doesn’t seem as though things have changed. But Stefano, though wary, is intrigued and determines to build a friendship with Roxie. Together they work on a historical mystery—finding the murderer of a sixteenth century princess, Isabella di Medici.

Roxie’s defenses begin to relax, but soon she and Stefano uncover disturbing parallels between Princess Isabella’s personal history and her own. Are these two distressed women somehow linked in sympathy across the centuries? Can Stefano act on his strong attraction to Roxie when her first response is to run from him and the discovery they have made?

message 40: by A.L. (new)

Part of Your World A Little Mermaid...flipped (Almost a Fairytale) by Jolene Betty Perry Part of Your World: A Little Mermaid...flipped by Jolene Betty Perry

Ian Ocean is home after two years in the Peace Corps, and is ready to start his adult life.

Ellis Noble is divorced, an artist, and hasn’t had a man turn her head for years, until she meets Ian. Open, friendly, and an artist himself, Ian seems to understand the ins and outs of her life with ease.

But attraction is rarely so simple.

Not only is Ian much younger than Ellis, but he’s also the son of her neighbor and best friend.

After only a few dates with Ellis, Ian finds himself unable to stop thinking about her. He wasn’t planning on jumping into anything serious, but his heart tells him otherwise.

When Ellis sees the contrast between the messiness of her life, and the simplicity of Ian’s, coupled with her best friend suggestion that Ellis should back off, she puts as much distance between them as she can.

Now Ian is afraid that no matter how much he wants her, he might never be part of Ellis’ world. But then, he might not give up so easily…

Part of a series, but each book can be read on its own:
Mismatched in Love Almost Cinderella (Almost a Fairytale #1) by Jolene Betty Perry Waiting to Fall Almost Rapunzel (Almost a Fairytale) by Jolene Betty Perry Part of Your World A Little Mermaid...flipped (Almost a Fairytale) by Jolene Betty Perry

message 41: by A.L. (new)

Tide Pools by Heather B. Moore Tide Pools by Heather B. Moore

Although she’s busy making plans for her future, Lexi makes a quick trip to Hawaii to attend her friend’s wedding—only to discover that the engaged couple, Sydney and Apelu, have plans of their own. They are still trying to match-make for her.

Lexi doesn’t take them seriously because not only does their friend David have a serious girlfriend, but he owns a restaurant on the island. A long-distance relationship is not part of her plan.

But when Lexi meets David, she is swept away, and has a hard time remembering why all of her plans were so important.

Originally published as part of the Timeless Romance Anthology: Summer Wedding Collection.

message 42: by A.L. (new)

The Lucky Billionaire (Destination Billionaire Romance) by Jeanette Lewis The Lucky Billionaire by Jeanette Lewis

Idaho farmer, Ty Epperson, is the kind of man men want to be and women want to love.

PR agent Holland Morrissey is beautiful, smart, and charismatic.

When Ty wins a fortune in the Idaho State Lottery, he’s determined to put his sudden wealth to good use.

Even if it means putting up with Holland, a Los Angeles image consultant who has never met a credit card she doesn’t like and thinks spending $1000 on a pair of pants is normal behavior.

Ty has never considered himself lucky in life or in love, until now.

But not all of Ty’s plans are popular and someone is determined to stop him, putting everyone and everything he loves at risk.

message 43: by A.L. (last edited Jul 06, 2016 07:46PM) (new)

Cupcakes and Cowboys by Lindzee Armstrong Cupcakes and Cowboys by Lindzee Armstrong

Cassidy wants two things—to make her cupcake shop a success, and to forget the ex-fiance who traded her for the lights of Hollywood. She can’t stand actors, movies, or anything resembling the guy who ruined her life. So when Jase—best friend of her ex and A-list actor—shows up at the ranch to research an upcoming role, ignoring her past becomes impossible.

Jase is desperate to escape Hollywood, and ranch life gives him a temporary reprieve. But ranching is starting to feel less like preparing for a role and more like the life he’s always wanted. And he can’t help envisioning Cassidy as his co-star. Can Jase convince this stunning cupcake shop owner that he’s really a country boy at heart?

message 44: by A.L. (new)

Clairvoyance by Joan Sowards Clairvoyance by Joan Sowards

After college graduation, Jennifer Weston takes a summer internship with a newspaper in a seaside village in Oregon. She hopes sea breezes and solitude will heal her heart after a bad breakup with Vince, and the pain of her father remarrying only four months after the death of Jennifer's mother.

Jennifer resolves to have a no-romance summer and to give complete dedication to her newspaper column. But life has other plans for her. On her first morning in Windridge, she literally runs into Larsen Morgan, a handsome EMT. Then there's the newspaper's publicist, Aaron Johnston, who considers himself God's gift to women, and who only notices Jennifer after he discovers she is LDS. Her troubles continue with Vince, who won't give up their relationship as easily as she had hoped.

Adding to her adventures, Jennifer soon gets mixed up in the crazy lives of some new friends. Through it all, she finds her heart changing and learns that some resolves were meant to be broken. Especially when it comes to true love.

message 45: by A.L. (new)

Sweet as Honey (The Honeybee Sisters #1) by Jennifer Beckstrand Sweet as Honey by Jennifer Beckstrand

Smart, kind, and good-hearted, the three Christner girls are affectionately known as The Honeybee Sisters in the beloved Wisconsin Amish community where, under the care of their aunt, they've grown into skilled beekeepers--and lovely, sought-after young women. . .

Though she has blossomed into a beauty, Lily Christner doesn't really believe it. Deep down, she still feels like a lonely, gawky teenager. Maybe that's why she's all but promised herself to Paul Glick, the one boy who never teased her in her awkward girlhood--unlike Dan Kanagy, whose creative name-calling left her in tears many a time. Now he's back in town after two years away--and being surprisingly sweet, suspiciously attentive--and making Lily unsettlingly yet deliciously nervous. It seems Dan wants Lily's forgiveness--and her heart. But can he convince her--not to mention her protective schwesters and aendi--that despite the past, her future lies with him?...

message 46: by A.L. (new)

Chemistry Lessons by Rebecca H. Jamison Chemistry Lessons by Rebecca H. Jamison

Her mother named her Hurricane, but she prefers Rosie, the name her grandparents gave her when she came to live with them on their ranch, the eye of her storm.

Now an adult, Rosie’s found the ordinary life she craves, teaching science at Lone Spur high school, rescuing animals on her grandfather’s ranch, and dating the safest guy in town. When millionaire-entrepreneur Destry Steadman moves next door with plans to build a resort, she takes it in stride. He may be handsome and athletic, but he can’t even ride a horse. How much harm can he do?

She soon finds, however, that Destry’s plans affect her more than she realized. In fact, they may threaten the safety of the whole community. What’s more, he has a knack for weaving himself into her life, and she enjoys his flirtatious banter much more than she wants to admit.

Now she has to decide whether her heart is with her steady boyfriend and her beloved ranch or with her swoon-worthy neighbor.

message 47: by A.L. (new)

Duchess by Nikki Wilson Duchess by Nikki Wilson

Katie Murphy is the manager of overnight pop sensation, Duchess, whose biggest gimmick is that no one knows her true identity. Katie’s job is to keep this secret no matter the cost. When Duchess agrees to perform in a benefit concert for wounded veterans, Katie gets more than she bargained for when she meets Chase.

Carter Chase went from being a soldier in the Army to volunteering at Veterans’ Aid. The charity helped him through a dark time and he would do anything for them, including help plan a benefit concert. But when he finds out the main act is Duchess, the British pop diva who makes fun of America, he is ready to bail out—until he meets Duchess’s manager, Katie Murphy.

As they work together, Chase soon becomes a risk to Duchess’s true identity… and also to Katie’s heart.

message 48: by A.L. (new)

I Am Delilah by Josi S. Kilpack I Am Delilah by Josi S. Kilpack

Although Delilah works in New York, she’s a small-town girl and eager to finish her job as a nanny and return to Big Fork Montana where she’ll marry her high-school sweetheart. When she ends up the focus of a Hollywood stunt centered around her being the Oscar date of Hollywood heartthrob Sam Hendricks, life as she knows it becomes a thing of the past. Delilah promptly refuses him, only to find that it isn’t so easy to step out of the limelight once you’ve ended up in the middle of the public eye.

Sam Hendricks is not used to taking no for an answer, and when his rejection become a leading story, he determines to do whatever it takes to turn the tide of public opinion back in his favor. Again and again Delilah refuses him until she proposes an offer—if he’ll spend two weeks on her family’s dairy farm, she’ll be his date to the Oscars. In no way is this a fair trade, but Sam feels he has no choice and therefore agrees to her proposal—they both agree no one will ever know.

Unfortunately for them both, there are plans other than their own at play, and when everything goes wrong they are faced with another fallout, bigger than the first.

I AM DELILAH was originally published as STAR STRUCK in 2004.

message 49: by A.L. (new)

Not Actually Engaged (Otherwise Engaged, #1) by Jan Hinds Not Actually Engaged by Jan Hinds

Out of money, out of food, even out of laundry detergent, Paige Vaughn is almost out of hope as well. With less than two semesters left until she graduates with her interior design degree, Paige hunkers down in the college library to weigh her options. Considering her estranged relationship with her mother, asking her parents for help is out of the question. She’d rather be homeless. She needs a cheaper place to live and a better paying job.

After Cooper Jennings career ending NFL injury and multiple surgeries, he’s gone back to college to get a second degree in interior design to compliment his architectural degree. Bruised by a string of failed relationships, and Is taking a sabbatical from romance. He’s not oblivious to the toll caring for him is taking on his parents, he’s determined to move out and relieve them of the burden of his recuperation from multiple surgeries. He knows they won’t let go him move out unless he’s supported by someone who cares about him, so he invents a fake relationship with his classmate and friend, Paige Vaughn. She is funny, talented, and never looks at Cooper with pity. He still doesn’t want a relationship, but finds himself drawn to Paige and whenever he’s around her, he can’t keep from smiling. Now all he has to do is convince her to become his personal assistant, and to help him get through his next surgery. Of course, to persuade his parents to let go of the burden of caring for him, they’ll need to be convinced he and Paige are a couple. What harm can come from an innocent white lie?

message 50: by A.L. (new)

Nate (A Texas Jacks Novel) by J.B. Morgan Nate by J.B. Morgan

When Nathan Jackson’s world shattered, and fell out from under him, his two best friends were there to help pick up the pieces. There’s nothing that Nate wouldn’t do for them.

It’s been a few years since then, and Nate’s life seems pretty content between his friends, work, and his love of dirt bike racing. When Nate’s out on the track, he can let it all go, be free, and finally feel at peace.

But when it comes to relationships, Nate’s not looking for anything long-term. He swears that love isn’t worth the risk—until she walks through the doors of Texas Jack’s.

Charlotte Davenport knows that something has to give, or life will pass her by. It’s time to add a little excitement to her routine. Charlie isn’t expecting much, but with her friends at her side, she feels ready to break out of her shell. But something’s missing.

When she, and her friends, head out to Texas Jack’s for a night of fun, Charlie meets him — Nathan Jackson. He just might be the man to help Charlie overcome her shyness, and shake up her world.

But first, Nate must be willing to let his guard down and take a chance on Charlie. And if that happens, can Charlie open herself up enough to let him in?

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12