Vaginal Fantasy Book Club discussion

May 2014: Hunter's Claim > The Biting Though... *spoilers*

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katie (new)

Katie (ilovebettymcrae) | 36 comments Tell me.

message 2: by Katie (new)

Katie (ilovebettymcrae) | 36 comments There was a chemical? But it also felt vampirey? And also like normal hicky-time? And then it didn't happen twice.

message 3: by Geohyde (new)

Geohyde | 22 comments I thought the biting was one of the few moments the "animal" heritage of the aliens was meant to come through. It was a mating mark. It's a device used quite heavily by authors who want to give their heroes a more animalistic side so I wasn't even surprised by it.

message 4: by Katie (new)

Katie (ilovebettymcrae) | 36 comments The only reason I was surprised is because the bite didn't seem to match the alien. It sounded like a vampire thing or even a snake expelling venom. It just seemed random the way it was described.

Why would lion featured alien guy have vampire teeth or snake teeth?

Also, does the mark last forever?

message 5: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 27 comments Zombification? Maybe that happens in the next book...

message 6: by Katie (new)

Katie (ilovebettymcrae) | 36 comments I was really hoping it was a set up for something but it wasn't really mentioned much except for right after it happened.

message 7: by Gretchen (new)

Gretchen (gretchen_bens) | 41 comments I am pretty sure that he did it to leave a scar....and there was some nonsense about how all the other males would know he owned her. Or some other misogynistic I thing.

message 8: by Alicia (new)

Alicia Gretchen wrote: "I am pretty sure that he did it to leave a scar....and there was some nonsense about how all the other males would know he owned her. Or some other misogynistic I thing."

Yeah, because the tattoos on her saying PROPERTY OF HUNTER weren't enough. He could have just pee'd on her leg.

message 9: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan (calijonathan) Wait a second. They had sex? Guess I know how this turns out now.

message 10: by Alicia (new)

Alicia Jonathan wrote: "Wait a second. They had sex? Guess I know how this turns out now."

Yeah - sorry. Retroactive spoiler warning! ;)

message 11: by Katie (new)

Katie (ilovebettymcrae) | 36 comments Alicia wrote: "Gretchen wrote: "I am pretty sure that he did it to leave a scar....and there was some nonsense about how all the other males would know he owned her. Or some other misogynistic I thing."

Yeah, be..."

EXACTLY!

message 12: by Any (new)

Any (zanya) | 9 comments I think later on they mentioned he had sharp teeth, but I guess the bite was some sort of animalistic/cat thing. On a side note I do enjoy a bite here an there during sex either getting bit or biting.

message 13: by Whitney (new)

Whitney | 221 comments Alchemical Evelyn wrote: "Right before I picked this one up I was rereading Slave to Sensation (I adore that series) so the cat bitey thing made sense to me but I feel like she left out so much potential on what could be th..."

More background to the race definitely would have been nice. I feel like there was so much potential there and then we just got nothing.

message 14: by Frakki (new)

Frakki Karu | 509 comments If you read the alt, the woman does all the biting. Don't think it was to mark her territory though. Seeing as the bitten male was from a matriarchal society, it would have been a funny if it was.

message 15: by Felicia, Grand Duchess (new)

Felicia (feliciaday) | 740 comments Mod
Are you kidding with the biting/scarring scene?! Omg I was so mad haha

message 16: by Allison (new)

Allison Brown (alliekat893) | 101 comments There was biting in the "unofficial alt-alt" Last Hour of Gann too! Leaving a scar as a mark of propriety... rawr, look how manly I am...

message 17: by Frakki (new)

Frakki Karu | 509 comments Gann addresses the ugly part of this occurring during sex. It's not just seen as this super hot thing to do.

I'm to the point in the book where the woman is having to navigate this alien/animalistic instinct of the man. It's not treated as something she just accepts fully. He's also having to reevaluate how sex has been for him in the past. It's really fascinating.