The Quarterly Book Club discussion

General > Member Reviews!

Comments (showing 1-7 of 7) (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nina {ᴡᴏʀᴅs ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴀᴛᴇʀ} (last edited Apr 01, 2016 06:12PM) (new)

Nina {ᴡᴏʀᴅs ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴀᴛᴇʀ} (Ninja869543) | 1032 comments Mod
This thread is for members who want to share their review of a book - any book! Sharing is caring :) let your fellow group members know what book you loved (or disliked)!
P.s Don't forget to add the Name of the book, Author, and a link would be nice as well.
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

message 2: by Rinji (new)

Rinji | 470 comments So are we posting our reviews here? Or in their own thread? Just checking.

Nina {ᴡᴏʀᴅs ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴀᴛᴇʀ} (Ninja869543) | 1032 comments Mod
Just here :) - I need to edit the above as well, forgot to add a few things.

message 4: by Rinji (new)

Rinji | 470 comments Okay so here is my review of a book that I just read. It is called Half Wolf By Aimee Easterling

Review:

Wow!!! When I got this book, for free for my honest review, I wondered if I was going to like it or hate it or if it was just going to be a good quick read. Turns out it was I love it and it was a quick read because I did not want to put it down. From the beginning I was immersed in the world and was given enough information to feel sympathy toward Fen, the main character, and feel a connection to her as well.

I loved the fact that this book was in first person, even though I am not a big fan of first person books normally. However, that is changing as I read more first person books. Anyway, having Fen's thoughts and feelings show us how she feels about her pack and being alpha when she was not alpha material.

(view spoiler)

Over all, this is a great book and I plan to read it again. Thank you Aimee Easterling for a great read and I am looking forward to more of your books.

This is a book I would recommend to those who want a book that is centered more towards friendship than romance, though there is a bit of that and a bit of adventure.

message 5: by Rinji (new)

Rinji | 470 comments This review is of Unmatchable by Sky Corgan.

Review:

I loved this book! I could not put it down. I felt for Ember and wanted her to be happy. I got mad at her at times for pushing Larson away but I could see where she was coming from. I loved the way Ember and Larson interacted and talked to each other. It gave them their own personality. I also liked how the two characters grew through the story. This a definitely a story I will read again. This was a ARC copy for an honest review.

message 6: by Rinji (new)

Rinji | 470 comments This is my review of Empath By Becca J. Campbell.

Review:

From the moment I picked up this book I was looking forward to an interesting paranormal book.

I loved Becca’s writing style from the beginning; however there were a few things that kept bothering me. Becca introduced us to Jade, the Empath; Ethan, a man with supper hearing and who can see in the dark; and Logan, a teacher at Jade’s college.

(view spoiler)

The climax of this story was over way too soon and I felt cheated out of it. It was a great read, however, I just felt that the kidnapping should have happened earlier in the book. I am looking forward to the next book in this series.

message 7: by Chesca (new)

Chesca (franchescapism) | 33 comments Hi everyone! I would be posting links of my reviews, instead of the the reviews themselves. Here are my latest reads shelved as HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

A DARKER SHADE OF MAGIC by V.E. Schwab

AMANZIMTOTI: THE RIDGE by Carmen-Shea Hepburn

Genres/Shelves: YA, Gay Romance, Abuse

BROKEN LIVES by Marita A. Hansen

Genres/Shelves: Adult, Romance, Student-teacher romance, Abuse

xx

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Half Wolf (other topics)
Unmatchable (other topics)
Empath (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic