Young Adult Reading Corner :) discussion

General Bulletin Board > Introduce Yourself!

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rita (new)

Rita (bookishr) | 10 comments Hey, I'm Rita and I'm 14 (turning 15 in August if anyone wishes to buy me a book *wink wink*) and I'm from Portugal.
I am a huge book lover to the point I think like some characters. I love the feeling of holding a book, touching pages and everything. I now have a KOBO by FNAC and I'm so happy because it's better than a Kindle by Amazon and now I can read any book basicaly I just don't get the thrill of reading ONPAPER
I'm actually very weird and dorky, whatever you know?
Well, that's it. I want to make a lot of friends with this group and to discover new books and also to view some books in a way I'd never think about myself.

XO, Rita

message 2: by Jess (new)

Jess Hey I'm jess. I love reading so much . My favorite genre is romance, fantasy, and historical fiction. If a book don't have romance then I proably won't read it.

message 3: by Belle (new)

Belle Antoinette | 1 comments Hi everyone

I'm Belle. I've decided to get back into reading since I have more free time. I finished writing a book recently so that's most exciting thing that's happening to me right now. My favorite genre is fantasy. I love anything that's completely unrealistic.

message 4: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 7 comments Hey I am Sara! For me reading helps to ease out my stress, every book I read is a wonder itself so they are my best friends. I love dancing, listening to the music and singing it the same time! I love poetry too. I like Fantasy too, Dystopian, young adult and ofcourse not to miss Romance!

message 5: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 7 comments Hi Jordan I like how openly you express your thoughts and wanna be a part of your club, learn more. Can I add you?

message 6: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 7 comments Thanks.

message 7: by Karrah (new)

Karrah (karrahann) Hi!
I just joined and my name is Karrah! I'm 18 and a high school senior. I love you read, it is my favorite hobby/past time. Other than reading I enjoy golf, pageants and volunteering! Since I graduate next week I will have plenty of time to read!

message 8: by Jess (new)

Jess Karrah wrote: "Hi!
I just joined and my name is Karrah! I'm 18 and a high school senior. I love you read, it is my favorite hobby/past time. Other than reading I enjoy golf, pageants and volunteering! Since I gra..."

Hi karrah. Congrats on graduating soon!:-)

message 9: by Rita (new)

Rita (bookishr) | 10 comments Karrah wrote: "Hi!
I just joined and my name is Karrah! I'm 18 and a high school senior. I love you read, it is my favorite hobby/past time. Other than reading I enjoy golf, pageants and volunteering! Since I gra..."

Congrats on the graduation! What were you studying?

message 10: by Karrah (new)

Karrah (karrahann) Thank you! I plan on majoring in chemistry and then Pharmacy school!

message 11: by Rolchyyy (new)

Rolchyyy | 6 comments Hi I'm Rolcy, 16. Nice to meet you all. I'm from the Philippines and obviously, I love reading YA lit. Certified YA lover. I love dystopian novels, sci-fi, fantasy and with a little bit of romance. I prefer book on paper. I love how they felt on my skin and of course, I love the smell of newly printed books. Though most of the time I read books on my phone and when I love them that's the time I'll buy paperbacks because they are cheaper than hardcovers. Again, nice to meet you! Hope we can be friends. :)

message 12: by Karrah (new)

Karrah (karrahann) Welcome!!

message 13: by Kilani (new)

Kilani (kilisky) Hi I'm Kilani. I'm 17 and a Junior in high school. Reading is pretty much my escape from everyday stresses. My favorite genres are realistic fiction, memoirs, horror, and young adult fiction. So I'm pretty excited about joining this group.

message 14: by Karrah (new)

Karrah (karrahann) Welcome!

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello, I'm Bogdana but everyone calls me Dana:)
I Love books, tea, violin, science, mathematics, experiments, ( a huge science fiction fan and LOTR's Fan).
My favorite genres are science fiction, science nonfiction, historical fiction/nonfiction, mystery, adventure, detective, and classic literary works. I've never been in a group like this before and am excited to begin!:)

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Jordan wrote: "Welcome Dana! I'm glad you are excited!"

Thank you Jorden:)

message 17: by Syd (new)

Syd (sydkay) Hi! everyone I'm Syd. I am an English lit major so I am mostly into classics but I read almost anything strikes my fancy and young-adult happens to be one of my favorite genre, I think group reading will be exciting and I'm glad to be part of it :)

message 18: by pink (new)

pink (not just another shade of red) | 3 comments Hello, my name is Francheska- bookworm, coffeeholic, and nocturnal. Yeah... I'm slightly weird too. But I'm friendly and fun!!! So add me. I'd love new friends.

message 19: by Karrah (new)

Karrah (karrahann) Welcome!!

message 20: by pink (new)

pink (not just another shade of red) | 3 comments Jordan wrote: "Welcome Francheska! Great to have you in our group! Sign up for buddy reads by going to Who's interested under Buddy Reads!"

Jordan wrote: "Welcome Francheska! Great to have you in our group! Sign up for buddy reads by going to Who's interested under Buddy Reads!"

Thanks ,Jordan, I will!

message 21: by pink (new)

pink (not just another shade of red) | 3 comments Jordan wrote: "Welcome Francheska! Great to have you in our group! Sign up for buddy reads by going to Who's interested under Buddy Reads!"

Jordan wrote: "Welcome Francheska! Great to have you in our group! Sign up for buddy reads by going to Who's interested under Buddy Reads!"

Thanks ,Jordan, I will!

message 22: by Mariana (new)

Mariana (marianaaleixo) | 12 comments Mod
Hi, I'm Mariana, I'm 15, almost 16
I'm new to goodreads, I joined because I thought it was a good way of finding new books
I'd love to participate in Buddy Reads

message 23: by Rolchyyy (new)

Rolchyyy | 6 comments Mariana wrote: "Hi, I'm Mariana, I'm 15, almost 16
I'm new to goodreads, I joined because I thought it was a good way of finding new books
I'd love to participate in Buddy Reads"

Hi, Welcome Mariana! You'll never regret joining. Happy Reading!!! :)

message 24: by Dariana (new)

Dariana Hello! I'm Dariana. I am 18 and I live in Spain. I absolutely love reading; it's one of my strongest passions. I also love music, photography and i also draw. I am excited about this club, because I love meeting new people and to find new books and the people here seems lovely (:

message 25: by Amnah (new)

Amnah (pixiieebooks) | 4 comments hello! I'm Amnah from india. I'm 17 and obviously I love to read books! And this is the first time I'm in a book club.Hope I'l get to know about more books and make sweet friends.. :)

message 26: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina (sabrinafedel) Hi, I'm Sabrina. I just finished getting my masters in creative writing, with a concentration in writing for young people as my school calls it. I love reading YA and I love reading and writing for kids and teens because I think there is no time in your life when you are more curious about things and willing to look at the world from someone else's place. I care a lot about women's rights and social justice, so my own writing has a lot to do with that. I'm also learning disabled (math) and two of my three kids have learning disabilities, so I'm always interested to see how books treat that topic. I think it's really great that the members of this group come from so many different places, and I hope you won't mind that I'm older. I've always loved reading, and I also love the way it brings people together.

message 27: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina (sabrinafedel) Thanks Jordan, I appreciate it:)