Sex and Desperate Hearts: Tales of Muslim Gays Looking for Love Sex and Desperate Hearts question

Where is the reader?
S. Aksah S. May 02, 2014 10:17AM
Ha, I'm yet to see the reader, only author. Where are the readers?

http://t.co/RM1PTPff70

Definitely a good question!!! I have sold thousands of one title alone and I only have 8 reviews to show for it. Most readers don't take the time to hop online and leave a review, but the author, knowing how important they are, will take this step. A good example of reader to review rations is less than 20%. A known author whose name fail me at the moment, sold 5 million copies of one title. He has five thousand reviews. For us, we would LOVE five thousand reviews. The only way I can get that many reviews is if I become like my lead character who is a contract killer, and start forcing ppl to do it by gunpoint. There's only one problem. I have no idea who is buying my books! LOL. Oh, well. In the meantime, I just keep writing more books. Good luck to you, S! I see your numbers are still good. I'm waiting for your next book. I'll be one of your first customers. Take care!

S. Aksah u r welcome to mention @desperatehearts in your tweet :)
May 29, 2014 05:23AM

Good question. I keep asking that about my work.

Authors are also readers, aren't they? The opinion of peers is always valuable.

S. Aksah Owww..five months later and its a lot more different :) The readers are out there, you just need to do a lot of interactions to get to them :) ...more
Oct 21, 2014 03:50AM