Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > Merrilee's April

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Merrilee in AZ (new)

Merrilee in AZ | 1113 comments I had a good month I re-read a couple of the beginning Robb books. I was shelving at the library and had the first one in my hand and remembered how I enjoyed the beginning of the series. Still fun the second time around.

30 Naked In Death J.D. Robb
31 Bloody Mary J.A. Konrath
32 Missing You Harlan Coben
33 Glory In Death J.D. Robb
34 Rusty Nail J.A. Konrath
35 Fuzzy Navel J.A. Konrath
36 Louisiana Longshot Jana Deleon
37 The King J.R. Ward
38 Somebody Tell Aunt Tillie She's Dead Christiana Miller
39 Carnal Curiosity Stuart Woods
40 Cherry Bomb J.A. Konrath

message 2: by Dan in AZ (new)

Dan in AZ | 2614 comments Good month, Merrilee. I have to try Konrath.

message 3: by Merrilee in AZ (new)

Merrilee in AZ | 1113 comments If you do Dan, these really do need to be RIO

message 4: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3588 comments Good month! I haven't picked up a Konrath in a long time and think I still have a couple somewhere in The Pile. Is THE KING part of the Brotherhood series she writes?

message 5: by LizH (new)

LizH (liz_h) | 955 comments Making my way through the Konrath series as welll, but not as far as you. Love revisiting Robb, those beginning books were so good!

message 6: by Merrilee in AZ (new)

Merrilee in AZ | 1113 comments Melodie wrote: "Good month! I haven't picked up a Konrath in a long time and think I still have a couple somewhere in The Pile. Is THE KING part of the Brotherhood series she writes?"

Yes, The King is part of the series

message 7: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14205 comments Forty books for the Year so far!! You and Melodie and DonnaJo with your impressive book counts! Great month Merrilee!

message 8: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1598 comments Dan, you do need to read Konrath. Even I like them!

message 9: by Barry (new)

Barry (barrypz) | 2942 comments Yes Dan, you need to try Kontath.

message 10: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7784 comments Merrilee in AZ wrote: "I had a good month I re-read a couple of the beginning Robb books. I was shelving at the library and had the first one in my hand and remembered how I enjoyed the beginning of the series. Still fu..."

Merrilee, I was considering re-reading the first one or two in the In Death series, to re-visit how Eve and Roarke met. They were so good and I'm a sucker for a good romance.

message 11: by LizH (new)

LizH (liz_h) | 955 comments Carol, I have a steadfast rule about re-reading books. Just too many out there to re-visit what I have already read. However, I have made 2 exceptions. Naked in Death and Outlander are the 2 I have re-read, love them both that much!

message 12: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7784 comments LizH wrote: "Carol, I have a steadfast rule about re-reading books. Just too many out there to re-visit what I have already read. However, I have made 2 exceptions. Naked in Death and Outlander are the 2 I have..."

Liz, I could have written this, I have the same rule. As an adult I've re-read The Stand, And Then There Were None and the Princess Meredith Gentry series by Laurell K. Hamilton. Books I know I'll reread some day are Naked in Death, and A Suitable Vengeance. I'm a sucker for a good love story, and that features prominently in those two, plus the Laurell K. Hamilton series.

I tried to reread the Travis McGee series but it felt so dated I stopped after the first one. I know I'll reread selected Agatha Christies eventually but as you say, there are too many new ones out there.

message 13: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3588 comments LizH wrote: "Carol, I have a steadfast rule about re-reading books. Just too many out there to re-visit what I have already read. However, I have made 2 exceptions. Naked in Death and Outlander are the 2 I have..."

I don't reread either as a general rule. However, I did reread the first 4 Sookie Stackhouse books before the first 4 seasons of True Blood. Which was kind of dumb since only the first 2 were anything at all like the books. Bits of season 4 came from the book, but that one was actually worth rereading anyway, since it's my favorite of the series.

message 14: by LizH (new)

LizH (liz_h) | 955 comments Oh Carol, I guess I must check out the Hamilton...

message 15: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7784 comments LizH wrote: "Oh Carol, I guess I must check out the Hamilton..."

Be forewarned, Liz, not for everyone. VERY steamy!

message 16: by LizH (new)

LizH (liz_h) | 955 comments I like steamy, but dislike vampires :(

message 17: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3588 comments LizH wrote: "I like steamy, but dislike vampires :("

No vampires, just fairies.

message 18: by Barry (new)

Barry (barrypz) | 2942 comments I made reread exceptions for Catch-22 and the Lord of the Rings.

message 19: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo | 3472 comments Ann wrote: "Forty books for the Year so far!! You and Melodie and DonnaJo with your impressive book counts! Great month Merrilee!"

I have to update my book journals I'm more behind on my goodreads maybe will catch up when I'm at the shore next weekend. hopefully the cable guy will show up before my family leaves on friday like he's supposed too. will have to remember to take the book journal book. Also I have a few to still enter that I finished the last day or so (1 last night and 2 so far today)